Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Purchase:
Zavvi - £19.99
Base - £14.99
Release: June 1st, 2015
Notes: Empire Online are holding another Steelbook design competition... See here for full details.
We're giving you the chance to design the cover for the Predestination Steelbook Blu-ray. Your artwork will be immortalised in steel - and available to buy from major retailers if you impress the judge, Ethan Hawke himself.

The Oscar-nominated actor will choose his favourite artwork for the Home Entertainment release of Predestination and Signature Entertainment will turn it into the steelbook cover of the film, crediting your name on the packaging.

You'll also win copies of the Blu-ray and a 10 film sci-fi bundle also courtesy of Signature.

front.jpg

back.jpg interior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
YES

Best Mind F*** I've had in a long time because of this film.

I'm a little scared though because they did the same thing with Only God Forgives and despite the fact there were so many good artworks people created, they picked a really crap one

Reactions: lgans316
Cool! I'm not sure if I'll purchase - as much as I enjoyed the flick I'm not sure if it's something I'll return to much really. The artwork will probably end up being the deciding factor :)

YES

Best Mind F*** I've had in a long time because of this film.

I'm a little scared though because they did the same thing with Only God Forgives and despite the fact there were so many good artworks people created, they picked a really crap one
I do believe Ethan Hawke himself is going to pick the winner. I'm sure he'll pick something funky.

I'm really interested in seeing this, looks a bit looper / 12 monkeysish

And happy that the hawke is picking this one and by the sounds of things not a zavvi exclusive.

I do believe Ethan Hawke himself is going to pick the winner. I'm sure he'll pick something funky.

Yeah I suppose but they said that about Nicolas Winding Refn when he (I think) picked the winner for Only God Forgives and some other retailer, Zavvi I think, did it to that that god awful Sin City steelbook that Robert Rodriguez apparently signed off on.

Do they actually pick them or are they told what to pick because of the cost production wise. It's why I assumed they didn't go for the other, fantastic Only God Forgives steelbooks because they were bright Neon pink

The director/actor singing off on them or picking a winner could just be a little bit of marketing.

My local cinema didn't even show this film!
quite interested in seeing how this turns out but I wish Empire would put these up for public vote.

I'm definitely in if they don't totally screw up the artwork. Come on Ethan, pick something good! :D

For anyone who has not seen this unique film... definitely check into it... it really messes with your head... (in a good way) I've seen it twice... and another viewing will be needed.

@Noodles are you going to enter the competition? Our HDN Ninjas are uber talented with their designs..
I'm busy working on some other stuff at the moment, so may not have the time unfortunately. I agree with you and think it'd be really cool to see some of our other members enter though! :D

Reactions: rj531 and Flloydo
I'm excited to see what all is submitted. I'm not a creative person, but I really enjoy seeing what other people come up with.

On the fence with this one myself. Really enjoyed it when I saw it, but don't think it holds much replay value to me. Perhaps the art will end up winning me over!

Good movie with little price in france with the winter sold 7 , 50 € . I hope simply steelbook with good artwork