Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Purchase:
Zavvi - £19.99
Base - £14.99
Release: June 1st, 2015
Notes: Empire Online are holding another Steelbook design competition... See here for full details.
We're giving you the chance to design the cover for the Predestination Steelbook Blu-ray. Your artwork will be immortalised in steel - and available to buy from major retailers if you impress the judge, Ethan Hawke himself.

The Oscar-nominated actor will choose his favourite artwork for the Home Entertainment release of Predestination and Signature Entertainment will turn it into the steelbook cover of the film, crediting your name on the packaging.

You'll also win copies of the Blu-ray and a 10 film sci-fi bundle also courtesy of Signature.

front.jpg

back.jpg interior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too and at a bargain £10 thanks to a discount voucher, it felt good cancelling the overpriced Zavvi pre-order :)
Nice! I paid full price (wasn't aware of a discount code), which I'm more than happy to pay, as this is one of my favourite recent films. I'm a bit worried about Base's packaging though, so let's just hope they arrive in mint condition. :ohno:

Nice! I paid full price (wasn't aware of a discount code), which I'm more than happy to pay, as this is one of my favourite recent films. I'm a bit worried about Base's packaging though, so let's just hope they arrive in mint condition. :ohno:
Yes their packaging does leave you worried, I'm really looking forward to this one, it was a blink and you missed it at the cinema but I've always liked these sort of movies so I'm optimistic :)

Cropped and stripped for extras :-(

And according to dvdcompare.net, the only region that has suffered this butchery is the UK. Pretty much everywhere else gets a far superior package and it seems to be down to the distributor over here.

Any chance of pictures when someone receives their copy? I'm still tempted by this but would like to see in hand pics before committing.

Even though I ordered my copy from Base for £14.99 and they said that it has been processed and sent, I have just received another email today from Zavvi saying that Predestination has been dispatched even though I didn't order it from them. It also says that it is £18.99 on the email. Am I missing something?

Even though I ordered my copy from Base for £14.99 and they said that it has been processed and sent, I have just received another email today from Zavvi saying that Predestination has been dispatched even though I didn't order it from them. It also says that it is £18.99 on the email. Am I missing something?
Sure you didn't originally pre-order from Zavvi, think you cancelled but never actually got round to it or received a cancellation failed email from Zavvi without realising?

• Helpful Post
Reactions: paddytom
Sure you didn't originally pre-order from Zavvi, think you cancelled but never actually got round to it or received a cancellation failed email from Zavvi without realising?
Yeah I must have, just been going through all of my orders and saw it. Silly me :oohyeah: I'll just return it when it arrives lol

Just got mine. Matte finish, no embossing/debossing
Looks very nice IMO - hope mine turns up today. Shame they didn't go with the designer's 1/4 slip idea however, as the data card included included is pretty ugly.

Could of been better, and I agree, the orange 1/4 slip original idea the designer had for this, should have been used, but, what's done is done. I'll hope for a price drop to around £10 and I might consider replacing my amaray version, which I've had for a month.

Still very overpriced for what you're getting though, no? Considering the Amaray is around a tenner.
Only £5 more assuming you don't buy from Zavvi in that case. I don't think that's too bad for a Steelbook personally.

The steelbook is ok but the disc is inferior to other versions, cropped video ratio and no extras found on other releases around the world, just the usual forced trailers. I'll continue to wait until the Kimchi version is released, very likely it will be a better release.

• Informative
Reactions: lolwut
The film itself is great, the art is quite nice and the steelbook is good. I think it would have benefited from some embossing. Anyway, even though I loved the movie, I'm not paying this price for this product for sure. I'm keeping an eye out for a price drop for this but what I'm really interested in is to see what kimchi comes up with.