Previously released steelbooks with Mondo artwork

Slinchafi

Vinyl Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Slovenia
I know there have been a few, but cannot remember all of them off the top of my head.

The Raid UK, art by Jock:
raid-steelbook.png

And the German release as well:

50174_large.jpg

Although he also did artwork for The Raid 2, I don't think it was commissioned by Mondo.

Ender's Game, art by Martin Ansin:
endersgame-jpg.468546

Was there anything else?

Last edited:
There is a good bit of artists who have done work for Mondo who've had work on SteelBook .... but not necessarily that particular work was on a mondo release.

example: Raid 2 UK, TWD ES steels ... (tho perhaps still time for a Raid 2 soundtrack with that art. *shrug* )

And yeah Looper UK art was really cool, mondo-esque like .... wonder who did that.

Fun story : Raid DE was gonna be EXACT same as Raid UK ... but Myself and Product Buyer of Play.com started pushing buttons and ultimately studio recommissioned Jock for new art for Raid DE due to exclusive in Raid UK contract. Would be interesting to hear if Jock already had that Raid DE work done for the later Mondo project or not.

@spass which country is that HELLRIDE from?

I'm trying to own them all, even the non- Steelbook BD releases! As right now I have Drive Mondo (in theory), The Raid, And of course this!
image.jpg

(Mondo Art by Ken Taylor)

Are we going to add a checklist to the OP? That would be awesome! :D

Reactions: rj531 and spass
Nope, it's awesome though. Has been on my to-buy list for years, just never got around to it.

Nice! I didn't even realize that was Mondo art. I guess that's another to add to the soon to be growing Mondo shelf.

Not that you shouldn't add it to the collection either way, but it's definitely not Mondo, no idea where that info came from.

Never new Mondo art released Raid but I like their designs alot and Drive is an excellent upcoming one...