Previously released steelbooks with Mondo artwork

Slinchafi

Vinyl Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Slovenia
I know there have been a few, but cannot remember all of them off the top of my head.

The Raid UK, art by Jock:
raid-steelbook.png

And the German release as well:

50174_large.jpg

Although he also did artwork for The Raid 2, I don't think it was commissioned by Mondo.

Ender's Game, art by Martin Ansin:
endersgame-jpg.468546

Was there anything else?

Last edited:
@spass which country is that HELLRIDE from?

I'm trying to own them all, even the non- Steelbook BD releases! As right now I have Drive Mondo (in theory), The Raid, And of course this!

Are we going to add a checklist to the OP? That would be awesome! :D

Might want to get one Hell Ride and call it a day. Stout did the official poster for that movie .. ie. THE MAIN poster. So potentially A LOT of movies from the world -over may feature that art. FYI

What about upcoming karate kid steelbook from Sony cat wave? Looks like mondo art.

That is Gallery 1988 ; another art house. fyi.

Never new Mondo art released Raid but I like their designs alot and Drive is an excellent upcoming one...

theraidarchive_thumb.JPG

That was the screen print, then all the art was featured on the vinyl

Last edited:
Can someone clarify if G.I. Joe Retaliation is a Mondo?
G.I. Joe: Retaliation

Also, other mentioned this, I'm just posting it
Looper

@dfoles No, it's not a Mondo artwork, at least not officially. It's the same art that the promo posters had, of course it may have been influenced by Mondo.

And since you posted Looper, I'm just mentioning that I just bought that steelbook from eBay, now just waiting for it to arrive. A real beauty :thumbs:

Reactions: dfoles
Not a steelbook, but the German mediabook version of John Carpenter's "Assault on Precinct 13" has a Mondo artwork (made by Tyler Stout) and some amarays have it also.

assault-anschlag-bei-nacht-blu-ray-limited-collectors-edition-aktion-news.jpg