AZ, U.S.A
Released: 2017
Platforms: PS4, XB1, PC
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK

1.jpg 2.jpg

Prey is Reborn; New Footage Revealed at Bethesda’s E3 Conference
Announced at the 2016 Bethesda Showcase, watch the reveal trailer for Prey!

Arkane Studios, the team behind the critically acclaimed Dishonored series, is bringing their unique vision to Prey, a first-person sci-fi action game that reimagines the franchise from the ground up… with an added psychological twist.

You are Morgan Yu, the subject of morally dubious experiments designed to improve the human race. You awaken aboard the Talos 1 in the year 2032 and must uncover the secrets hiding in the depths of the space station while being hunted by the mysterious alien force that has taken over. You’ll have to rely on the tools you find on the station – along with your wits, weapons and mind-bending abilities – to combat the growing threat and, hopefully, survive. Get your first look at Prey in the cinematic reveal trailer.
Prey will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC in 2017.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks pretty cool! Hopefully it's not as creepy as that trailer suggests... I might not be brave enough to play it otherwise. :ohno:

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007

Mick Gordon is no stranger to space (he’s already been to Mars), but the eerie, quiet halls of Prey’s Talos I are a far cry from the gore-soaked Hell found in DOOM. So when given the task of crafting a score for a more psychological thriller, the award-winning Australian-based musician took it in a completely different direction, building a diverse soundtrack that combines ambient arpeggiated guitars and heart thumping synth beats. The result lends itself perfectly to the tense, menacing journey to uncovering the mysteries surrounding Talos I and facing off against the alien threat that has taken over the station.

• Thanks
Reactions: Last Lizard

Try Prey for yourself with the Opening Hour, available now! As previously mentioned, you can check out the first hour (or more, depending on how you play) of Morgan Yu’s first day on the job. (Spoiler: It doesn’t go too well.) Before Prey’s May 5 release, kick off your journey through Talos I and fight the alien invasion that’s threatening all of humanity. The Prey Demo: Opening Hour is available worldwide today for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Reactions: Last Lizard
I haven't played any of the previous Prey games, so my take is really based off of comparisons to Arkane's involvement with stuff like System Shock and Bioshock 2. Also played Dishonored which didn't light up my life.

Anyways game is definitely pretty interesting. Certainly reminiscent of Bioshock in its makeup with a similarly unnerving atmosphere. Really enjoyed the intro to the demo (I love when they get playful with title integration in games/movies etc... Saul Bass be damned!) and dig its synthwave/glitchy soundtrack - of course it had to be Mick Gordon!

Seems to have a nice variety of novel weapons like the GLOO Gun and placeable turrets too. Never truly been fond of the kleptoshock forage everything from trash cans and eat it style gameplay that's still encouraged here lol, but thankfully you can also use items on the spot instead of endless menu switching. Enemies are... a little generic loooking but they seem to hit pretty hard and mimicry is a cool gimmick so it should at least (in theory) stop things from getting too stale. Also as per usual lots of upgrade trees and choose your own path gameplay on offer here.

Of course what really hooks me with these kind of games is an interesting story and the setup is pretty cool. Not entirely sure what difference character choice makes either but I'm assuming there has to be some reason for the choice of siblings. Could be some good replay value or alternative scenario to run through after your first go. If the demo is anything to go by, looks like it could have a few nice twists and turns with the usual mix of alien/identity/moral science conscience stuff.

Definitely worth a look and I may well pick it up at some point. :thumbs: