Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 27, 2018
Purchase links: Shout Factory - Amazon
Price: $26.99 (Shout) - $19.63 (Amazon)
Notes: Region A Locked - Exclusive Lithograph when purchased direct from Shout Factory

POD.SB.PS.72dpi.png

POD.SB.BeautyShot.72dpi.png

Last edited:
My order of four steelbooks from Amazon - in August this year - was posted in an oversized padded envelope. Result: all four steelbooks arrived dented and bent in multiple ways.

Replacement order was three steelbooks (one was out of stock at the time the replacement was sent) in exactly the same size padded envelope. Result: all three steelbooks were hopelessly ruined. Again :wtf::LOL:

Obviously your mileage may vary. There's always a small chance that steelbooks will arrive undamaged even when sent across the Atlantic in a padded envelope. And they might use a box for shipping - another order of mine earlier this year was two Blu-rays in amaray cases and they were sent in a strong box :whistle:

As Amazon's customer service always takes care of the customer, I wasn't out of pocket, but using padded envelopes for shipping steelbooks is unbelievably idiotic, especially when shipping multiple items and they can freely move about inside the envelope. Even a preschool age child soon understands that carrying several painted metal toys in a backpack is not a good idea :rolleyes:

I did end up ordering The Fog steelbook again (that was the OOS item when my replacement order was sent) with seven other items, and finally got an undamaged copy, as they probably don't have padded envelopes big enough for eight items :hilarious: Still thinking about ordering new copies of the other three damaged steelbooks as part of an order that would have enough items to guarantee (well, hopefully) shipping in a box.

Amazon US sure takes waiting for steelbook shipments to arrive on a whole new level of excitement :D

Leaving packaging feedback doesn't seem to make any difference. Nevertheless, I leave it every time.

same here-don't bother using Amazon for steelbooks anymore unless they are uk versions

I would advise against ordering steelbooks from Wow HD as packaging they use is very basic

It's fine if it's an amaray to use Wow HD

You will be very lucky if steelbook arrived without been damaged and be more likely to end up getting a mangled steelbook

USA guys. Is anyone willing to forward me ShoutFactory package to EU if I order from SF site to you? Looking at those nice versions with lithograph posters but unfortunately not sure if will travel to the USA this year. Please let me know asap because they have sale till tomorrow. tx

USA guys. Is anyone willing to forward me ShoutFactory package to EU if I order from SF site to you? Looking at those nice versions with lithograph posters but unfortunately not sure if will travel to the USA this year. Please let me know asap because they have sale till tomorrow. tx

Just a heads up, the sale does not include pre-order items like this one.

i wanna buy all carpenter steelbooks but with lithograph. hopefully, it will be still available when back to us

Last edited: