Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 27, 2018
Purchase links: Shout Factory - Amazon
Price: $26.99 (Shout) - $19.63 (Amazon)
Notes: Region A Locked - Exclusive Lithograph when purchased direct from Shout Factory

POD.SB.PS.72dpi.png

POD.SB.BeautyShot.72dpi.png

Last edited:
Release Date: March 27, 2018
Purchase link: Shout Factory
Price: $26.99
POD.SB.BeautyShot.72dpi.png

Bonus Features
  • Audio Commentary By Writer/Director John Carpenter And Peter Jason
  • Sympathy For The Devil – An All-New Interview With Writer/Director John Carpenter
  • Alice At The Apocalypse – An All-New Interview With Actor & Rock Legend Alice Cooper
  • The Messenger – All-New Interview With Actor & Special Visual Effects Supervisor Robert Grasmere
  • Hell On Earth – A Look At The Film's Score With Co-Composer Alan Howarth
  • Horror's Hallowed Grounds With Host Sean Clark
  • Alternate Opening From The TV Version
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • Radio Spots
  • Still Gallery

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Bonus Features
  • Audio Commentary By Writer/Director John Carpenter And Peter Jason
  • Sympathy For The Devil – An All-New Interview With Writer/Director John Carpenter
  • Alice At The Apocalypse – An All-New Interview With Actor & Rock Legend Alice Cooper
  • The Messenger – All-New Interview With Actor & Special Visual Effects Supervisor Robert Grasmere
  • Hell On Earth – A Look At The Film's Score With Co-Composer Alan Howarth
  • Horror's Hallowed Grounds With Host Sean Clark
  • Alternate Opening From The TV Version
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
  • Radio Spots
  • Still Gallery
POD.SB.PS.72dpi.pngPOD.Steelbook.Cover.72dpi.png POD.SB.BeautyShot.72dpi.png

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
Note Shout Factory only ship to USA/Canada address
If you purchase direct from Shout Factory you get an exclusive Lithograph

This will also be available from Amazon USA but wont include the Lithograph
I will add purchase link when listed on amazon

Pre Ordered with Assault On Precinct 13

I have the previous steelbook releases
The Fog
They Live
Escape From New York

How will these be posted internationally from Amazon? I had mine delivered domestically last time and they were sent in a padded envelope, needless to say when I got them forwarded to me I opened to find various dents and dings

How will these be posted internationally from Amazon? I had mine delivered domestically last time and they were sent in a padded envelope, needless to say when I got them forwarded to me I opened to find various dents and dings
My order of four steelbooks from Amazon - in August this year - was posted in an oversized padded envelope. Result: all four steelbooks arrived dented and bent in multiple ways.

Replacement order was three steelbooks (one was out of stock at the time the replacement was sent) in exactly the same size padded envelope. Result: all three steelbooks were hopelessly ruined. Again :wtf::LOL:

Obviously your mileage may vary. There's always a small chance that steelbooks will arrive undamaged even when sent across the Atlantic in a padded envelope. And they might use a box for shipping - another order of mine earlier this year was two Blu-rays in amaray cases and they were sent in a strong box :whistle:

As Amazon's customer service always takes care of the customer, I wasn't out of pocket, but using padded envelopes for shipping steelbooks is unbelievably idiotic, especially when shipping multiple items and they can freely move about inside the envelope. Even a preschool age child soon understands that carrying several painted metal toys in a backpack is not a good idea :rolleyes:

I did end up ordering The Fog steelbook again (that was the OOS item when my replacement order was sent) with seven other items, and finally got an undamaged copy, as they probably don't have padded envelopes big enough for eight items :hilarious: Still thinking about ordering new copies of the other three damaged steelbooks as part of an order that would have enough items to guarantee (well, hopefully) shipping in a box.

Amazon US sure takes waiting for steelbook shipments to arrive on a whole new level of excitement :D

Leaving packaging feedback doesn't seem to make any difference. Nevertheless, I leave it every time.

Reactions: themanfromunkle
My order of four steelbooks from Amazon - in August this year - was posted in an oversized padded envelope. Result: all four steelbooks arrived dented and bent in multiple ways.

Replacement order was three steelbooks (one was out of stock at the time the replacement was sent) in exactly the same size padded envelope. Result: all three steelbooks were hopelessly ruined. Again :wtf::LOL:

Obviously your mileage may vary. There's always a small chance that steelbooks will arrive undamaged even when sent across the Atlantic in a padded envelope. And they might use a box for shipping - another order of mine earlier this year was two Blu-rays in amaray cases and they were sent in a strong box :whistle:

As Amazon's customer service always takes care of the customer, I wasn't out of pocket, but using padded envelopes for shipping steelbooks is unbelievably idiotic, especially when shipping multiple items and they can freely move about inside the envelope. Even a preschool age child soon understands that carrying several painted metal toys in a backpack is not a good idea :rolleyes:

I did end up ordering The Fog steelbook again (that was the OOS item when my replacement order was sent) with seven other items, and finally got an undamaged copy, as they probably don't have padded envelopes big enough for eight items :hilarious: Still thinking about ordering new copies of the other three damaged steelbooks as part of an order that would have enough items to guarantee (well, hopefully) shipping in a box.

Amazon US sure takes waiting for steelbook shipments to arrive on a whole new level of excitement :D

Leaving packaging feedback doesn't seem to make any difference. Nevertheless, I leave it every time.
Order it as a 'gift'. It think that way it is sent as a box inside a box. Costs a few dollars more, but that's way better than what you went through before.
( I don't have first-hand experience doing this, but I've heard talk of doing it this way)

It will be lucky dip as to what packaging will be used it can be a padded envelope or a large box or cardboard mailer or a small box
The previous 3 shout factory steelbooks I ordered in one order and arrived in a large box with air bags inside and 1 separate order of fargo arrived in a small box

I have had previous orders of 3 items sent in a padded envelope before.

It will depend on what amazon warehouse it's sent from and person on the day who picks your order as in luck basically

I not had any damaged deliveries from amazon USA in over a year as previous to this I had a run of orders over 6 months I got amazon to send replacements for about 50% of my orders and complained to them about packaging.

So far since my repeated complaints I not had any orders arrived damaged I also now getting a refund of my import fees deposit a few months later on lot of my previous orders over the past 5 months on orders that was 1 item

Last edited:
Order it as a 'gift'. It think that way it is sent as a box inside a box. Costs a few dollars more, but that's way better than what you went through before.
( I don't have first-hand experience doing this, but I've heard talk of doing it this way)
Purchasing the gift option does seem to increase the odds of having a box used for shipping, but from past experience, it's not guaranteed. I have received nicely giftwrapped steelbooks from Amazon shipped in padded envelopes.

While I hate unnecessary waste no matter who covers the costs, I still have a slight preference to Amazon wasting merchandise as a result of totally inadequate packaging, as opposed to myself wasting money on something I don't need and shouldn't have to buy (gift wrapping).

Using a box for shipping doesn't seem to be a cost issue to Amazon, as one can get it completely randomly, even when the items wouldn't necessitate it at all, e.g. lightweight Blu-rays in plastic cases.

I never order from them anything I "absolutely must have", so I'm just letting the chips fall where they may.

Last edited:
With Amazon.com it is literally pot luck, ignore people that say they have not had a problem for a year or whatever. Every time it is a new shipment the odds are reset, I would say that you are more than likely to get it dented if it is coming over the pond. Try ship as gift or if you really want it guaranteed packaged properly then go through a reseller.

With Amazon.com it is literally pot luck, ignore people that say they have not had a problem for a year or whatever. Every time it is a new shipment the odds are reset, I would say that you are more than likely to get it dented if it is coming over the pond. Try ship as gift or if you really want it guaranteed packaged properly then go through a reseller.
It is lucky dip but there has been customers who not received any damaged orders in past year I'm one of them
I had a run of orders in 2015-2016 arrived damaged around 10 orders that had to be replaced which cost amazon a lot of money as it was to costly to return the items I was told to keep them and the replacement orders was sent by AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping.

I contacted Amazon by email and over the phone back in 2016 I explained to them if they use better packaging they would not have the extra cost of having to send replacements and the extra expense of Priority Shipping.
Priority Shipping alone cost €25.59 which was more than the cost of the replacement item itself on some occasions so Amazon USA was not making any profit from most of my orders in 2016.

It took around 6 phone calls some of these angry but still polite from me to get better packaging used.

Since November 2016 I not received a single order arrived damaged and they used better packaging with every order some have been excellent packaging.

Since November 2016 I had had 24 orders delivered from Amazon USA in good packaging to excellent with none arriving damaged and 5 of these orders was steelbooks and that was in 2017.
My vinyl order of Hellraiser was the best packaging I ever seen used from any retailer I was amazed at the packaging used.

They will use a range of packaging with orders and is lucky dip unless you make clear complaints if they think you are ok with basic packaging they will use that and you will end up playing russian roulette as to what packaging your order will be sent in.

The last time I got a delivery in a basic jiffy bag from Amazon USA was in 2016
My orders now get delayed as to when been shipped about an extra 2-5 days later compared to before but still arrive quickly on average 5-10 days it takes to arrive in Ireland compared to 14-20 days previously.

I also made huge number complaints to Amazon UK to stop using asendia carrier including posting on amazon web forums about it and all my UK orders now get sent using An Post (Rep of Ireland Postal Service)

Last edited:
It is lucky dip but there has been customers who not received any damaged orders in past year I'm one of them
I had a run of orders in 2015-2016 arrived damaged around 10 orders that had to be replaced which cost amazon a lot of money as it was to costly to return the items I was told to keep them and the replacement orders was sent by AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping.

I contacted Amazon by email and over the phone back in 2016 I explained to them if they use better packaging they would not have the extra cost of having to send replacements and the extra expense of Priority Shipping.
Priority Shipping alone cost €25.59 which was more than the cost of the replacement item itself on some occasions so Amazon USA was not making any profit from most of my orders in 2016.

It took around 6 phone calls some of these angry but still polite from me to get better packaging used.

Since November 2016 I not received a single order arrived damaged and they used better packaging with every order some have been excellent packaging.

Since November 2016 I had had 24 orders delivered from Amazon USA in good packaging to excellent with none arriving damaged and 5 of these orders was steelbooks and that was in 2017.
My vinyl order of Hellraiser was the best packaging I ever seen used from any retailer I was amazed at the packaging used.

They will use a range of packaging with orders and is lucky dip unless you make clear complaints if they think you are ok with basic packaging they will use that and you will end up playing russian roulette as to what packaging your order will be sent in.

The last time I got a delivery in a basic jiffy bag from Amazon USA was in 2016
My orders now get delayed as to when been shipped about an extra 2-5 days later compared to before but still arrive quickly on average 5-10 days it takes to arrive in Ireland compared to 14-20 days previously.

I also made huge number complaints to Amazon UK to stop using asendia carrier including posting on amazon web forums about it and all my UK orders now get sent using An Post (Rep of Ireland Postal Service)
You lost me at ‘it is lucky dip....’

You lost me at ‘it is lucky dip....’
It's lucky dip unless you complain about packaging used with your orders and do it strongly but polite

I complained a lot back in 2016 and since then they used good packaging with all my orders after this I not had a single order arrived damaged in 2017
24 orders in 2017 none arrived damaged and no jiffy bags or padded envelopes was used
The last time a jiffy bag was used was back in October 2016 before I phoned Amazon to complain as in 6 phone calls
Previous to this I was complaining by email but the message to use better packaging was not having effect until I contacted Amazon using phone method instead.

Have you phoned Amazon USA to complain as in a good few times and be firm with your complaint

Last edited: