Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2015
Release date: May 31st, 2017
Purchase link: SteelArchive
Price: €39.95
Notes: Limited to 1,000 copies

UPDATE - this release has now been cancelled and refunds are being issued.

Unbenannt-5.jpg

PACKSHOT 4 (Medium).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hot damn! I've always liked the artwork from Steel Archive, but they haven't done a movie I wanted until now. Do they ship outside of Europe?

I didn't really get the film when I saw it. Seems like a pattern for Villeneuve and myself... we trade blows on how smart he thinks he is and how smart I think I am and we don't always settle the score. But on the strength of Enemy and Sicario really growing on me I'm willing to give this another shot. The art being so good helps alot. :rofl: At 500 its gotta be a guaranteed sellout but I tell you I bet they could shift 2000 easy(ish) if it was a steelbook. :naughty:

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
I didn't really get the film when I saw it. Seems like a pattern for Villeneuve and myself... we trade blows on how smart he thinks he is and how smart I think I am and we don't always settle the score. But on the strength of Enemy and Sicario really growing on me I'm willing to give this another shot. The art being so good helps alot. :rofl: At 500 its gotta be a guaranteed sellout but I tell you I bet they could shift 2000 easy(ish) if it was a steelbook. :naughty:
I think Villeneuve has an impeccable command of craft, but he hasn't made a genuinely fantastic piece of storytelling yet. He seems to work with fairly trashy material, but dresses it up to look much smarter and better than it actually is; kind of like what Fincher does but with a more European sensibility and lacking any kind of self-awareness and humour. I haven't seen his early stuff yet, but I like Prisoners and Enemy a fair bit even though they're far from perfect. I enjoyed Sicario, but to me that was a bad movie that was just very very well made. I didn't care for Arrival at all, but the twist in that is pulled off so effortlessly and beautifully I haven't given up on him yet.

• Thanks
Reactions: Last Lizard
I think Villeneuve has an impeccable command of craft, but he hasn't made a genuinely fantastic piece of storytelling yet. He seems to work with fairly trashy material, but dresses it up to look much smarter and better than it actually is; kind of like what Fincher does but with a more European sensibility and lacking any kind of self-awareness and humour. I haven't seen his early stuff yet, but I like Prisoners and Enemy a fair bit even though they're far from perfect. I enjoyed Sicario, but to me that was a bad movie that was just very very well made. I didn't care for Arrival at all, but the twist in that is pulled off so effortlessly and beautifully I haven't given up on him yet.

Yep I share your sentiments that he definitely appears to have the ability and it would certainly appear Hollywood has the same opnion of him with the increasingly high profile jobs he's landing. I would say I was waiting for Arrival to convert me and encourage my faith in Blade Runner ahead of time though the film didn't really do that. Felt the twist became quite obvious and took me out of it a little too much although I can't fault the genuine human touch it held onto despite being an 'alien' movie.

Stll can't deny I'm a bit excited to see what he does with Blade Runner eventhough I tend to hate my favorites being modernized for the sake of it. It's gotta be better than GITS at least, right? :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Futurhythm
Status
Not open for further replies.