'Prometheus' - In theaters June 8, 2012

Apr 2, 2009
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=63940

With all of the announcements of upcoming movies being planned for 3D over the next few years, one would expect that whether or not an upcoming tentpole movie will be in 3D is going to replace the "PG-13 vs. R" question that most filmmakers tend to get. The latest movie that seems to be going that route is Ridley Scott and 20th Century Fox's planned Alien Prequel.

UK sci-fi site Shadow Locked had a chance to talk with art director Roger Christian who worked on Star Wars and Alien, and they asked him about the direction Scott might take with a prequel, the two of them having worked together on the original movie. Besides dropping the fact that it will be shot in 3D, he hinted at a possible trilogy in the franchise's future.

He told them: "Ridley's doing the next Alien in 3D. Ridley told me some of his ideas when we were here in Toronto. He has a very clear understanding of where this should go. They kind of stopped dead one of the greatest horror franchises there's ever been, and it had legs to go on. So I'm hoping he'll revive another three. The world certainly wants it, and the fans want it - everybody."

Christian met with Scott, but hasn't confirmed that he might be involved with the new prequel, reuniting the duo for the first time in over 30 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys if you want to discuss the movie indepth then please go to the movies discussion thread here. This thread is primarily for discussing the Steelbook release.:)

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/3761/&page=11

I think that's a little harsh, discussing the movie contained within the steelbook seems perfectly reasonable to me. Not all of us go to the trouble of reading multiple threads on the same movie, and steelbooks often have different content/variations anyway. If you take away being able to discuss the amount of copies purchased, the potential value and then also remove discussing the movie itself, you're left with an empty box. Surely the storyline/acting/directing/effects is central to any forum on movies, which is after all what the steelbook contains? Just my opinion.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I think that's a little harsh, discussing the movie contained within the steelbook seems perfectly reasonable to me. Not all of us go to the trouble of reading multiple threads on the same movie, and steelbooks often have different content/variations anyway. If you take away being able to discuss the amount of copies purchased, the potential value and then also remove discussing the movie itself, you're left with an empty box. Surely the storyline/acting/directing/effects is central to any forum on movies, which is after all what the steelbook contains? Just my opinion.

Of course discussion of a movie to a point is fine but when the discussion purely becomes about the movie and not the steelbook itself its better to do that in another thread. Thats why there are discussion threads on the forum, so people can discuss the movie freely. If a member comes along and wants to find out about a steelbook only to be greeted by pages and pages of opinions on a movie it may be a little off putting. It is better if we can keep it on track as much as possible so people can find the relevant information they may need.

First of all I love this site, and I also praise the work put in by all of the moderators in keeping the forums respectful and informative. But my point is, Prometheus in steelbook format is a movie I can't wait to see, sometimes we all need just a little push into deciding whether the movie itself is worthy of our hard earned cash. The comments posted were articulate and on topic, unlike other endless repeated one word comments sometimes littering threads with "ordered", "despatching" or "arrived". If other members feel otherwise then I respect that. Play's Prometheus is on my order list, and I look forward to its arrival.

creasey, no need to be like that dude. The mods work very hard here to keep it such a welcoming environment and I think Sigill backed up his reasons adequately enough.

I can see both points of view but no reason to be disrespectful

Reactions: Sigill
I'm sorry but I think discussion about the film has as much relevance in this thread as discussion about the Steelbook itself. It's a complete package. The film is included in the Steelbook and therefore it should be fine to post here about it. If there's one criticism I have about HDN is that the moderators are too harsh. I understand that we all want a forum that is free from spam and useless posts, but sometimes it goes a bit too far.

First of all I love this site, and I also praise the work put in by all of the moderators in keeping the forums respectful and informative. But my point is, Prometheus in steelbook format is a movie I can't wait to see, sometimes we all need just a little push into deciding whether the movie itself is worthy of our hard earned cash. The comments posted were articulate and on topic, unlike other endless repeated one word comments sometimes littering threads with "ordered", "despatching" or "arrived". If other members feel otherwise then I respect that. Play's Prometheus is on my order list, and I look forward to its arrival.

Hey Starling, I appreciate what you are saying. It's just about trying to find a happy medium, by all means talk about the movie but if it is an in depth discussion that people want then we do have threads for that also. Off course a big title like this is always going to attract a lot of attention and people have the right to state their opinions but if it is going to turn into just a movie opinions
thread then I believe it would be better suited in the movie discussion forum.

I'm sorry but I think discussion about the film has as much relevance in this thread as discussion about the Steelbook itself. It's a complete package. The film is included in the Steelbook and therefore it should be fine to post here about it. If there's one criticism I have about HDN is that the moderators are too harsh. I understand that we all want a forum that is free from spam and useless posts, but sometimes it goes a bit too far.

We try our best to keep it as fair as possible. I understand that the movie is part of the package and thus will get talked about but i don't think the purpose of the thread is purely to talk about the movie. The last few pages have been more or less just film discussion. Any new members wanting to find out about the actual Steelbook would just be caught up in a movie discussion thread and may not find the information they are looking for.

Last edited:
I guess to each his/her own. I loved it. Perfectly tied in with the alien series with having to trampling on it. Well balanced.

Just watched this and it is a quality film but needed more action but i dont see the connection between prometheus and alien. The face sucker thing is 20x bigger than in aliens and the creature that came out of the guy didnt have the same feature as in alien. Im thinking maybe it because of evolution or disfigurement over time. Any thoughts?

Just watched this and it is a quality film but needed more action but i dont see the connection between prometheus and alien. The face sucker thing is 20x bigger than in aliens and the creature that came out of the guy didnt have the same feature as in alien. Im thinking maybe it because of evolution or disfigurement over time. Any thoughts?

I just got the blu-ray so I'm going to have to watch it again, I only saw it once in the cinema. I had some problems with it which have already been addressed in this thread, but it was visually fantastic and I did like it. From what I can remember there isn't a direct link to Alien, I think Prometheus is a prequel to a prequel of Alien. I'm thinking it all must come back to the black goo, I don't think it says what it is in the film. The sequel should explore all this stuff anyway. You could be right about evolution, I'm gonna watch it soon as I can and get back here and share some proper thoughts after seeing it again :)

I agree, this could be due to evolution itself. This is the first film of how many, I don't know, but I do hope that in the next one the link between the movies begins to be clearer.

I read somewhere that Riddley had talked about how the previous Alien movies had some clues about Prometheus. So perhaps this is the first of a few films were the story begins to evolve and link to one another.

I thought Prometheus was very balanced and entertaining. There was a bit more talking that I had hoped, but I guess everything has to start somewhere.

Reactions: Colombianlove41