Protecting Mondo Steelbooks

Ultron96

Premium Supporter
Sep 2, 2014
Kent, UK
Hi everyone,

Today I got my first Mondo steelbooks, and thought I'd create a thread to ask about protecting them.

They do not fit the SC2 Protective Sleeves that I usually buy for my steelbooks from eBay, and although the Mondo slip covers are almost like protection for the steelbooks, I would also like to protect the slip covers from getting any scratches!

Does anyone have any suggestions? What do you do? I would prefer not to use those steelbook bag things, I really hate them.

Thanks! :happy::thumbs:

So I'm totally new to steelbook collecting and I don't even know which size my regular steelbooks I usually buy in Spain are. How can I tell which size are they?

And where should I buy my protective sleeves then? Blu-steels? Or is there any other site with better prices?

Any advice on this matter would be appreciated, since I don't protect any of my current steels and now I'd like to.

Thanks a lot guys :)

So I'm totally new to steelbook collecting and I don't even know which size my regular steelbooks I usually buy in Spain are. How can I tell which size are they?

And where should I buy my protective sleeves then? Blu-steels? Or is there any other site with better prices?

Any advice on this matter would be appreciated, since I don't protect any of my current steels and now I'd like to.

Thanks a lot guys :)
Hi Charlie, welcome to HDN and steelbook collecting!

Most steelbooks tend to be the 'G2' size (roughly the size of a Blu Ray case, if the film is a Blh Ray it will 99% of the time be a G2), and will be best protected by the SC2 size Protective Sleeve, although as you will see there are different variations which you can choose between. I like to get my protective sleeves from Steelbook Central, which you can visit here.

Hope you find what you're looking for! :)

For someone that has hundreds of steelbooks I really should have got into sleeve protection along time ago.

I was just wondering if somebody could clear up something for me. What is the difference between SC3 and SCF1? To me it seems that it is that SC3 protects 3/4 of the steelbook whereas SCF1 protects it all. Is this the only difference?

I ask because it seems more people seem to buy the SC3 or Sc2 (depending on if they put the J-card in or not) than buy the SCF1!

Update on my situation with Steelbook Central shipping me the wrong size cases:

Their response time is about 48 hours to each email. They asked a question about the order, which I answer. They then asked for pictures to see what was sent, which I provide. They then ask a different question, like "what is written on the label for the packs?", which I answer, only to have them ask for more/different pictures under the guise of "just trying to understand how this happened"..
I really feel like they are just jerking me around at this point.

All I'm asking for is a £2 credit towards me re-ordering the correct size. I'm not asking for full replacement or anything.
Their customer service is really lacking.

Just so you all know in case you were thinking of ordering from them and god forbid, you run into a problem with your order.

Update on my situation with Steelbook Central shipping me the wrong size cases:

Their response time is about 48 hours to each email. They asked a question about the order, which I answer. They then asked for pictures to see what was sent, which I provide. They then ask a different question, like "what is written on the label for the packs?", which I answer, only to have them ask for more/different pictures under the guise of "just trying to understand how this happened"..
I really feel like they are just jerking me around at this point.

All I'm asking for is a £2 credit towards me re-ordering the correct size. I'm not asking for full replacement or anything.
Their customer service is really lacking.

Just so you all know in case you were thinking of ordering from them and god forbid, you run into a problem with your order.
That sucks to hear. As I haven't ordered any from them yet but need to. One of the reasons I haven't is I like to shave one in hand before I commit to purchaseing a lot of them. Would suck if they don't work like I want them to and be stuck with them or even get the wrong ones. Thanks for he info about thier customer service. Looks like I need to find someone in the is who wouldn't mind parting with one or two of each size. For me to take a look at. :) hope everything works out. I would prob be looking for half off my next lurches of them at this point

Update:

I reached out to them again yesterday and got a reply back today.
They apologized for the mistake and are sending me the correct size free of charge. :)

Anybody know if the SCF2's fit Jumbo steels?
I've got a copy of the Best Buy Up Jumbo coming and I'm hoping it will fit so I can keep it protected.

What is the difference between the SC2 and SC3? I'm looking for something to put regular steelbooks in. Will either work?

From the Steelbook Central website -
SC3 - "These have been designed to fit sealed and unsealed steelbooks with J cards"
SC2 - "These have been designed to fit unsealed steelbooks without J cards for a snug fit."

Anybody know if the SCF2's fit Jumbo steels?
I've got a copy of the Best Buy Up Jumbo coming and I'm hoping it will fit so I can keep it protected.

btw, the answer to this is no, it won't.

Currently I have it in a sleeve, but I really want a harder plastic case to protect it.
Anybody have any ideas?