Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 4th, 2014
Purchase link: Amazon.com

710ieNVUDfL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ IXS and lolwut
Hmmm....don't own this on Blu Ray yet.

I'm not a fan of the artworks for this wave but this one might look OK in the flesh if it's done right. A gloss finish would make or break it for me.

Curious how the back cover would look also.

Reactions: Marco86 and Sigill
This is the only one of the wave I'm getting. Sucks though because I already had vurt source me one of the UK slips!

Edit: scratch that. I forgot that the reason I asked vurt to source one for me is that the UK disc is superior to the US (lossless mono, more extras).

Reactions: MGD
Hmmm....don't own this on Blu Ray yet.

I'm not a fan of the artworks for this wave but this one might look OK in the flesh if it's done right. A gloss finish would make or break it for me.

Curious how the back cover would look also.

The artwork on these is the same as the HMV slipcovers. Big thanks to @vurt for picking some up for me!:) I'm happy with them so I will pass on these. The back of the steelbook might be the same as the slips minus the ratings/text.

They really need to come out with some other Hitchcock's like Rear Window, Vertigo, Dial M For Murder, etc.

Definitely agree. Though I don't particularly care for this rounds art style anyway - for say Vertigo, I'd definitely like the falling void Jimmy Stewart silhouette.

Not a patch on the UK steelbook but certainly a contender with the The Day the Earth Stood Still and The Rocky Horror Show for worst steelbook design.
Way to go, how to alienate steelbook fans in one fell stroke....

Did you not see the dire serious of artwork steelbooks done in the UK last year. From The Day the Earth Stood still to Butch Cassidy. When they were first shown I assumed they were April 1st jokes come early. Sadly they were only too real. And potential buys for me were killed dead. I have to assume that all the companies graphic designers all suddenly died at once and they were left were a 3 year old and a packet of crayons.

Not attracted to the artwork could of been better with the image of the villan in front or a movie scene to bring part its craze for this classic franchise but the price is good but in my opinion it lacks a good artwork...

I had a reward certificate so I bought this at best buy today since I don't own it on BD yet. Not glossy and no inside artwork. Well, technically it's not blank on the inside. The inside is the same pink color as the cover.

• Informative
Reactions: lolwut and vurt
Just so everyone knows, it's currently $10.98 on Amazon.
Of course it is. It's Awful.:wtf: It will join Universal's 'comic-panel' series, and Sony's 'pop art' series at $9.99 Buy It Now/Free Shipping on Ebay within a month. I ask the creators of this series two pressing questions:
1) does it violate child labor laws in your state to have your 5 year old kid make this art?
2) This art is Iconic to WHO, exactly???:wtf:;)