Quadrophenia (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 10th, 2016
Purchase link: Quadrophenia (Pre-orders will be live at 6pm UK BST time on Sunday September 4th)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Includes slipcase. Limited to 2,000 copies.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
image.jpeg
I've loved the film since the first time I saw it, my cousin was a mod so I got a few hand me down Harrington jackets, skinny ties, scooter meet patches and fishtail parkas (I still wear one now, cost me a small fortune) I was the coolest kid at the school discos lol

I got to see the who perform the entire album a few years ago in Newcastle on the quadrophenia and more tour, fantastic to hear it in its entirety along with some greatest hits live, daltrey mic swinging, Townsend windmilling... I was in heaven...

Come on bud, get this active!

For me this is THE Steelbook not to miss.

The soundtrack for the movie is on another level. https://g.co/kgs/6uS2o5

"Bell Boy . . . . . carry the bloody baggage out . . . . "

The original Quadrophenia album is one of The Who's great achievements. Love it . Favourite track: Love Reign o'Er Me - magic :)

View attachment 258797
I've loved the film since the first time I saw it, my cousin was a mod so I got a few hand me down Harrington jackets, skinny ties, scooter meet patches and fishtail parkas (I still wear one now, cost me a small fortune) I was the coolest kid at the school discos lol

I got to see the who perform the entire album a few years ago in Newcastle on the quadrophenia and more tour, fantastic to hear it in its entirety along with some greatest hits live, daltrey mic swinging, Townsend windmilling... I was in heaven...

The Who live are utterly amazing. How I wish I had got to see them when Keith Moon was in full swing with the mega-drum kit he was playing toward the end. Contrary to popular opinion he is recognized by the cognicenti as one of the very best . . . .

• Thanks
Reactions: Bobthesub
Liking the way they've used the artwork from both U.K. BD releases to make up the artwork for this :thumbs:
Recycled artwork from the original 2011 Amaray release makes for decent slipcase artwork with later 2013 Screen Outlaws slipcovered Amaray release fine for the steelbook itself (similar images but still different enough to spice up the release a bit) :-
#1 ----------------------------------------- #2
30504_large.jpg
64374_large.jpg

11326785-6524411205376414.JPG

Previous edition was part of the smart SCREEN OUTLAWS COLLECTION (Blu-ray editions) which all came in matte slipcovers with titles and cast members picked out in gloss (on QUADOPHENIA some of the blood splatters around the title were glossed too).
The ones I bought at the time (may be others in the collection?) were the following 8:-
1) QUADROPHENIA
2) 4,3,2,1
3) AMERICAN GANGSTER
4) PUBLIC ENEMIES
5) HARD BOILED SWEETS
6) FAST & FURIOUS 5
7) SCARFACE
8) CARLITO'S WAY

Last edited:
does anyone know when this be going live at all?

has same release date as ferris buellers day off of 12th sept and that is going live tonight at 6pm was wondering if this be doing the same?
or zavvi hanging it out till next weekend?

@paulboland

basil :thumbs:

does anyone know when this be going live at all?

has same release date as ferris buellers day off of 12th sept and that is going live tonight at 6pm was wondering if this be doing the same?
or zavvi hanging it out till next weekend?

@paulboland

basil :thumbs:
Zavvi only announced for this weekend
Saturday - Once upon a time in the west
Sunday - Ferris Bueller's Day Off

I would take a guess Zavvi will announce for next weekend for either Sat/Sun
Quadrophenia
No Country for Old Men

Last edited:
Note
This is scheduled to go live at 6pm UK time on Sunday

It's possible live time might be changed to 12pm as in Midday on Sunday
No Country for Old Men live time got changed to 12pm today instead of previously scheduled time of 6pm

• Helpful Post
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Hope zavvi will continue to do these old boy classics lol
Still hopeing the original italian job comes as we were promised sometime back
I'm still patiently waiting for that one too... been tempted to pickup the amaray from CeX a few times now, as it sits there staring at me every time I go in. :watch:

• Thanks
Reactions: bluray hunter
I'm still patiently waiting for that one too... been tempted to pickup the amaray from CeX a few times now, as it sits there staring at me every time I go in. :watch:
@Noodles how about knocking up one of those awesome mock ups for the Italian job with full slip
Maybe some of your excellence will give the zavvi boys some inspiration ?;):thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles