UK
Release: December 1, 2015
Platform:
PS4, XB1, PC
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

Rainbow Six Siege is the upcoming installment of the acclaimed first-person shooter franchise developed by the renowned Ubisoft Montreal studio for the new generation of consoles and PC. Inspired by the reality of counter terrorist operatives across the world, Siege invites players to master the art of destruction. Intense close quarters confrontations, high lethality, tactics, team play, and explosive action are at the center of the experience.

Rainbow Six Siege releases on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC platforms in 2015.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Anyone else tried the beta yet? I spent an hour or two on it yesterday (mostly sat trying to actually get into a game) and I can't say I'm too impressed... maybe it just takes some time to get used to, but the controls felt really clunky. I can see how the game might be fun with friends, but playing with randoms is a nightmare... they all think it's CoD and just run off to do their own thing, so people die within seconds, and obviously you can't respawn, which means they become impatient and quit... I played two games where the host did this, so it kicked everyone else. I honestly can't say I blame them most of the time though... I waited half an hour for the last surviving guy on our team to take out the remaining enemies before I got bored and quit myself. I seriously can't understand how they expect anyone to spectate through an entire match... that's what Twitch is for. Maybe the full game will be better, but I'm certainly not paying full price to just sit and watch others play.

Reactions: ocielz
I am playing the Beta and it's fairly enjoyable with my Bro. It takes time to get used to the control and feel of the game but once you do, its more fun. I miss the Cover system from R6:Vegas 1 and 2.

It does suck that you die and have to wait for the Last player to Win or Die but it's not a big deal breaker. Might have to buy it later On.

Reactions: Noodles
I gave it another go earlier and managed to find a team that actually worked together... it was a lot more fun that way. We were completing each round in about 5 minutes (sometimes even less lol) with no deaths. Felt like a real SWAT team. :p

Well, I completely changed my mind about this game. After finding the right character and upgrading my weapons, pretty much all of my previous complaints about the controls were "fixed". I love the Sledge character, as you can demolish almost anything with the swing of his hammer haha. Only problem is; if anyone beats me to selecting that character, then I have to make do with a different one, and then I suck lol. I still think it's a game to be played with friends though... I played quite a few matches with @csirules on Saturday and they were a lot of fun! Jumped back on it Sunday and played with randoms, and although I still enjoyed it, it wasn't as fun... mainly because I kept getting idiots in my games that would shoot/kill me as soon as the match started, and no one seems to like to revive their teammates either... as far as they're concerned it's a one man mission in which they end up dying because they're trying to take out 10+ enemies by themselves. I look forward to seeing what other levels and stuff are in the full game anyway, but I'm still not sure I'll pick it up on release... I'll no doubt get it once it's on sale.

I loved R6 Vegas and R6 Vegas 2. I guess i won't be playing this one though, since they seem to have decided not to include a single player story mode.

Not sure what all the hate is for this game... I personally am really enjoying it. It is loads of fun and keeps me want to keep playing more and more to unlock operators, Guns, and gun accessories and etc... Yes graphically it might not be the best but it does not look that bad as people make it out to seem.
I get connected online just fine with no issues 90% of the time. I am just tired of the same COD crap and to me this is a really nice change of pace.

Reactions: bonakaze
Not sure what all the hate is for this game... I personally am really enjoying it. It is loads of fun and keeps me want to keep playing more and more to unlock operators, Guns, and gun accessories and etc... Yes graphically it might not be the best but it does not look that bad as people make it out to seem.
I get connected online just fine with no issues 90% of the time. I am just tired of the same COD crap and to me this is a really nice change of pace.

Most of the hate that i see around the web, is from people like me who are mad that there wasn't any single player campaign, like there was with previous R6 games.

Watch a first glimpse of gameplay of the two upcoming Navy SEAL operators: Valkyrie & Blackbeard. We’re proud to announce that our next content update Operation Dust Line will be released on May 11th!

Play now Rainbow Six Siege for free from February 3rd to 5th, Get access to the full experience and invite your friends to play with you. Your in game progression will saved if you buy the game.