Ratatouille (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Pixar Collection #13) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: May 25th, 2015
Purchase link: Ratatouille 3D (Sold Out!)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

11089707-3134276989560709.jpg

11089707-2054276989564810.jpg 11089707-1544276989570873.jpg 11089707-1274276989577311.jpg

Last edited:
I still don't think that they managed to shift more than a 1000 pre orders when it went live for 6 hours. I am not going to panic and buy a **** box to get this pre ordered. I wonder if zavvi love selling Disney steels for sub £10.

I actually like the design, i like simple clean images and find that sometimes less is more. The chef hat, wiskers and nose is a great abstract representation of Remy. Along the same lines as the new Zavvi Tron, i love the simple disc...something so simple yet iconic from the movie much like the chef hat for this release. Again, i understand that to each their own and everyone has their own tastes, but i like it and am really looking forward to seeing it in person.

I actually like the design, i like simple clean images and find that sometimes less is more. The chef hat, wiskers and nose is a great abstract representation of Remy. Along the same lines as the new Zavvi Tron, i love the simple disc...something so simple yet iconic from the movie much like the chef hat for this release. Again, i understand that to each their own and everyone has their own tastes, but i like it and am really looking forward to seeing it in person.

It is just that this artwork showed no creativity from Zavvi's Part. As I have mentioned before this was used last year for the French collector Box edition(and must have ended up on other releases as well). It is a shame that we just see the design from last year now on a new steel from Zavvi...

I hope the finish makes up for it as in terms of giving us something unique, they have failed.

I'm down with simple but this time the simple does not really capture the tone and fun of the movie very well. Something like one of these would be much better...

Posters-Ratatouille-1.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: rj531
I didn't realize that this was a repeat design from last year. I can agree about the laziness and lack of uniqueness for sure, very valid points. As far as the design I still like it, but again it's not for everyone for sure. Totally ok being in the minority on this one.

It is also the artwork from the original soundtrack which made sense for that as it was designed to be square aspect ratio making the cropping of the tower not as awkward.

412ZM3S1SpL.jpg

Wow! See now that looks perfect! Makes no sense to put this design on something twice its size.

Wow! See now that looks perfect! Makes no sense to put this design on something twice its size.

Absolutely agree 100% ,that design is great but it looses it's impact on the size of the steelbook,just looks lost.This image needed to be made bigger to accommodate the larger area,any designer worth their salt would have adjusted it.Makes me think they don't use anybody and just lift and shift images.

If the Release date is still going to be 25th of May
We can expect our Debit/Credit Cards been charged on either this Tue/Wed/Thur/Fri

I expect it will be as usual the Tue or Wed