Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Just watched From Beyond ( 1986 )

Really disappointed after hearing all the cult followers rave about it. Was expecting it to be as good as Re Animator - NOPE ! Total waste of an hour an half of my life. So glad I didn't watch it with the wife, she would of frog marched me to HMV and told me to get a refund!

1 Ninja IMG_2401.PNG ( and thats being generous! )

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
The Hitman's Bodyguard (2017)
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png

The action and performances were decent, but the humour was too simple for me... don't think I laughed once. Three stars is probably too kind, whereas two stars would be too harsh, so call it two and a half stars. ;)

I was so excited to watch Terminator 2 again in 3D as i havent seen that film in 6/7 years, and loved every minute of it. The 3D was good with good depth (much better than i thought it was gonna be). So i give it:

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Last edited:
After the abysmal movie I watched the other night , "From Beyond", I'm glad to say that I finally watched a film I've been meaning to watch for a long time and it was brilliant!

Pans Labyrinth! Amazing film, I was hooked all the way through. So well acted too. Will definitely be putting this in my most wanted list for premium release!
IMG_2489.PNG IMG_2489.PNG IMG_2489.PNG IMG_2489.PNG IMG_2489.PNG

Classic!

After the abysmal movie I watched the other night , "From Beyond", I'm glad to say that I finally watched a film I've been meaning to watch for a long time and it was brilliant!

Pans Labyrinth! Amazing film, I was hooked all the way through. So well acted too. Will definitely be putting this in my most wanted list for premium release!
View attachment 330682 View attachment 330682 View attachment 330682 View attachment 330682 View attachment 330682

Classic!
What you want is the German steelbook - which also happens to be the FIRST blu ray steelbook ever.
IMG_1480.JPG

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelselecta
What Happened to Monday? (2017)
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png

I was really enjoying this until the ridiculous twist pretty much ruined it all. I'd still recommend checking it out though, because I'm bound to be alone with my thoughts regarding the ending, as I often am. :rolleyes:

Besides the blue banner, that's a cool looking steel. Is that embossed? And is it yours?

I take it that this is a rare steel and goes for silly money now?
Not my pic - but I own one! no emboss - but a very beautiful steelbook. It doesn't necessarily always go for super high prices - the harder part is just finding one for sale!
(It is cool to own the very first blu ray steelbook Title:thumbs:)

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelselecta
Mobile Suit Gundam (1979):
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

A fun, if not overly simplified space-adventure.
The characters seem a bit stale- motivations unclear- the animation suffers at points- and overall direction and journey seems a bit generic.
Granted- Mobile Suit Gundam is a very old Mecha Series- yet it's age shouldn't carry a connotation of not having been innovative.

With this film being a truncated version of the failed TV series (almost solely due to being placed in the wrong time slot)- it becomes painfully clear how much of the series was chopped out in to being a film. Some scenes feel rushed, a few scenes feel missing, and some editing is just.... wonky.

It's fine, and while I'm glad the popularity of this initial film spring-boarded the rest of the MSG UC timeline- this first installation feels... lackluster.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Thunderbolt: December Sky:
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This installation feels like a proper war film.
Stylishly directed, beautifully scored- Thunderbolt offers the emotion and grit that the one year war should demand of it's tales.
The main story of Thunderbolt is presented through 2 perspectives- each on opposing sides of the war. Each protagonist has lost so much, through such tragic means- and while one character is charismatic- the other has sacrificed so much that it really makes it hard to truly root for either one of them- illustrating that war truly is a paradigm where good people lose themselves to the atrocities that they commit in the name of their governments.

Death Note (2017):
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

Full disclosure- I have seen the Death Note Anime- I don't think that it's fantastic... I think the anime has some very solid writing and a plot that fizzles out in to being straight up bad not a third of the way through the series.

As far as this film goes- I enjoyed it.
Adam Wingard's influence as a director is present here- as his slick means of composing a scene really ties together each frame with a distinct visual flair. Each character feels defined and is casted to varying degrees of success.
I am very, very thankful that the film DID not try to replicate the story of the anime- because condensing so much in to 90 minutes would have just resulted in an easily hate-able watered down version of the original series. Instead, the film follows the immature mind of a developing and grieving high-schooler. Mixing the film with the remnants of a twisted and mutilated love-story helps to solidify and give credence to the type of power fantasy that such angsty teenagers could hope to live.

With regards to the characterization of Light Turner as opposed to Light Yagami, I much prefer that of Light Turner- Yagami is a man who's been biding his time of which to fulfill his plan... however, Yagami, for all intent purposes, is a sociopath of whose murderous tendencies aren't much of a moral qualm- they are merely given manifestation due to the power that he now has. Turner does seem to embody the innocence of youth- whose convictions are pushed to the brink by both Mia and Ryuk.

Yes. The film is different. It's fine. It's enjoyable. Did you like The Guest? Give this a shot.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing