Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
A Bridge to Far is a great flick. The sequence with the British soldiers playing cat and mouse with the German troops is very very gripping..... I think I have this on a Blu-ray steelbook...

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Brawl in Cell Block 99 (2017)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

One of those small films that come along and totally take you by surprise. Vaughn is a powerhouse!

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Brawl in Cell Block 99 (2017)
View attachment 339170 View attachment 339170 View attachment 339170 View attachment 339170 View attachment 339169

One of those small films that come along and totally take you by surprise. Vaughn is a powerhouse!
Is it true that it goes batsh*t crazy in the final reel?

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Targets 1968

All I'm say is that it stars Boris Karloff (yep Mr Frankenstein himself) and it's superb. Do the research on it.
Freakin' GREAT film.:thumbs:

For a moment when I read the title I thought it had something to do with the classic Oz Prison drama.......
I don't know of that one... I just Googled it though and it looks pretty decent. I love a good prison drama! Have you seen the entire show? Would you recommend it?

Is it true that it goes batsh*t crazy in the final reel?
Yeah, things really start to heat up in the second half of the film... especially towards the end!

I don't know of that one... I just Googled it though and it looks pretty decent. I love a good prison drama! Have you seen the entire show? Would you recommend it?
OZ is the show that put JK Simmons on the map. He plays a very mean dude.
It was created by Tom Fontana who also created HOMICIDE: LIFE ON THE STREET.

OZ is the show that put JK Simmons on the map. He plays a very mean dude.
It was created by Tom Fontana who also created HOMICIDE: LIFE ON THE STREET.
Didn't even realise he was in it... I'm sold! Just watched a few clips on YouTube and it definitely looks like something I'll enjoy, so I'm going to try and hunt down a cheap copy of the box set. Afraid I've never heard of Homicide: Life on the Street either by the way. :bag:

• Thanks
The Abyss (1989)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

First time watch for me, but not that I haven't wanted to check it out before now... I was kinda waiting for a Blu-ray release, but then to my surprise I saw it had been added to Netflix, so I immediately clicked play! Not as great as I expected to be honest (I wanted more alien stuff), but I still had a lot of fun with it.

• Thanks
Afraid I've never heard of Homicide: Life on the Street either by the way. :bag:
HOMICDE was a Barry Levinson show that aired for six seasons in the mid to late 90s that took place in Baltimore, starring Andre Braugher. Excellent and differrent police procedural, that broke a lot of new ground.
I'll never forget this one episode called "The Subway". It was like a movie. It guest starred Vincent D'Onofrio as a man that, while waiting for the train, gets pushed off the platform and ends up wedged between the train and the subway platform. When the police arrive they realize this was not an accident.
Furthermore - it is now to be treated, basically, as a murder. Because although he is conscious and alert and talking normally - his his body has been twisted, his innards are crushed, and the pressure is the only thing keeping his organs from falling into his legs. Once they unwedge him, he is dead.
So he has to help the detectives solve his own murder by talking to them.
And in an ingenious twist - he is not a very friendly man.
Incredible episode. Arguably one of the best episodes of TV ever.
D'Onofrio was nominated for an Emmy.
(In an unprecedented happening, PBS aired a Frontline-type Special about the making of this Episode. Entitled "ANATOMY OF A 'HOMICIDE: Life On The Street'"(1998). In it the origin of the story is revealed, as well as the collaborative steps involved in rendering the finished Episode from idea, story, script to Writer (and re-write) , Producer, Director and finally to the Actors.
The Special Documentary was 2 Hours in length and had the whole Episode of"Subway" to view at the end of the background material.)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0604435/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_68

The Abyss (1989)
View attachment 339417 View attachment 339417 View attachment 339417 View attachment 339417 View attachment 339416

First time watch for me, but not that I haven't wanted to check it out before now... I was kinda waiting for a Blu-ray release, but then to my surprise I saw it had been added to Netflix, so I immediately clicked play! Not as great as I expected to be honest (I wanted more alien stuff), but I still had a lot of fun with it.
Please tell me you watched the longer Director's cut with the Tidal waves and the more fleshed out character arcs.
Virtual tie with ALIENS as my favorite James Cameron Movie.

HOMICDE was a Barry Levinson show that aired for six seasons in the mid to late 90s that took place in Baltimore, starring Andre Braugher. Excellent and differrent police procedural, that broke a lot of new ground.
I'll never forget this one episode called "The Subway". It was like a movie. It guest starred Vincent D'Onofrio as a man that, while waiting for the train, gets pushed off the platform and ends up wedged between the train and the subway platform. When the police arrive they realize this was not an accident.
Furthermore - it is now to be treated, basically, as a murder. Because although he is conscious and alert and talking normally - his his body has been twisted, his innards are crushed, and the pressure is the only thing keeping his organs from falling into his legs. Once they unwedge him, he is dead.
So he has to help the detectives solve his own murder by talking to them.
And in an ingenious twist - he is not a very friendly man.
Incredible episode. Arguably one of the best episodes of TV ever.
D'Onofrio was nominated for an Emmy.
(In an unprecedented happening, PBS aired a Frontline-type Special about the making of this Episode. Entitled "ANATOMY OF A 'HOMICIDE: Life On The Street'"(1998). In it the origin of the story is revealed, as well as the collaborative steps involved in rendering the finished Episode from idea, story, script to Writer (and re-write) , Producer, Director and finally to the Actors.
The Special Documentary was 2 Hours in length and had the whole Episode of"Subway" to view at the end of the background material.)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0604435/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_68

Please tell me you watched the longer Director's cut with the Tidal waves and the more fleshed out character arcs.
Virtual tie with ALIENS as my favorite James Cameron Movie.
That episode sounds pretty effin' special to be honest... I was gripped just reading your post, so I might have to check it out. ;)

I've no idea what version of Abyss it was, but I'm guessing it wasn't the one you're referring to, since I don't remember any tidal waves... now I want to see that version though!

• Thanks
Watched Dracula Prince Of Darkness as a tribute to Susan Farmer who sadly passed away on Monday Superb running commentary with the cast and one of very few 50 year old films to have a major cast running commentary Susan was very much an under rated actress who always delivered an excellent performance This means Barbara Shelley is now the only surviving cast member

That episode sounds pretty effin' special to be honest... I was gripped just reading your post, so I might have to check it out. ;).
Yeah. It's awesome.
And there is a running bit about trying to find his wife and get her on the phone.
The denouement of that thread is realistic, and heartbreaking...
You should watch it.
;)

I've no idea what version of Abyss it was, but I'm guessing it wasn't the one you're referring to, since I don't remember any tidal waves... now I want to see that version though!
The REAL ending was never in the version you saw (the theatrical).
Multiple reasons for this: ILM could not deliver the effects in time for the theater release. AND - Fox didn't want to add extra time to an already long movie. (As you know the longer the film, the fewer the showings in the theater= less $$).
Since the effects were not done - Cameron just caved, and allowed the shorter cut WITHOUT the big effects ending!! (Multiple giant tidal waves rise and hover over the major cities).
But - there is a great deal of dialog and character work put back in as well, that makes the story better and the characters fuller. (You will see things resolve that were just left dangling, you will understand other things that seemed like oddities once they are back in their proper context).
It is a full 28 Minutes longer.
With the exception of Terminator 2 - Cameron is the one of the only directors whose longer Director's cuts make the films BETTER. (Not just padding or fluff).
Since it is taking an ETERNITY for this to come to blu ray - maybe just score the excellect 2 disc SPECIAL EDITION DVD off ebay.
Both cuts and the excellent UNDER PRESSURE: MAKING THE ABYSS documentary.
IMG_4607.JPG

IMG_4610.jpg

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Yeah. It's awesome.
And there is a running bit about trying to find his wife and get her on the phone.
The denouement of that thread is realistic, and heartbreaking...
You should watch it.
;)

The REAL ending was never in the version you saw (the theatrical).
Multiple reasons for this: ILM could not deliver the effects in time for the theater release. AND - Fox didn't want to add extra time to an already long movie. (As you know the longer the film, the fewer the showings in the theater= less $$).
Since the effects were not done - Cameron just caved, and allowed the shorter cut WITHOUT the big effects ending!! (Multiple giant tidal waves rise and hover over the major cities).
But - there is a great deal of dialog and character work put back in as well, that makes the story better and the characters fuller. (You will see things resolve that were just left dangling, you will understand other things that seemed like oddities once they are back in their proper context).
It is a full 28 Minutes longer.
With the exception of Terminator 2 - Cameron is the one of the only directors whose longer Director's cuts make the films BETTER. (Not just padding or fluff).
Since it is taking an ETERNITY for this to come to blu ray - maybe just score the excellect 2 disc SPECIAL EDITION DVD off ebay.
Both cuts and the excellent UNDER PRESSURE: MAKING THE ABYSS documentary.
View attachment 339720

It says that video is no longer available... BUT I found another upload elsewhere, so will give it a watch when I find the extra time. :)

Well, that explains a lot then, since those points you mentioned were actually some of my issues with the film... certain things not being properly explained etc. So do the extra scenes appear throughout different parts of the film, or are they just added on to the end of the theatrical cut? I'm guessing the former, but I really don't feel like watching the entirety of the film again so soon (especially in SD), so will probably just hold off for now and hope a blu-ray release appears at some point.

Cheers for all the info! :thumbs:

War for the Planet of the Apes 2017
war.jpg
I unexpectedly Really Really Enjoyed this movie. After seeing the sequel ''Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 2014'' I was left disappointed as there was too much fighting as far as I can remember(not crazy about war movies). So I was not expecting much for this movie as I was expecting just a ''WAR'' type of movie between both species, but I so enjoyed it as it was not what I was expecting. Great Character Development and a really nice story line.
000 Ninja.png 000 Ninja.png 000 Ninja.png 000 Ninja.png 0000 Ninja.png /5

Blade Runner 2049
Blade Runner.jpg
Just saw this and although I enjoyed it, I did not enjoy it as much as expected. The praise and enthusiasm for this movie left me expecting more than it was. Don't get me wrong it was a great movie, the 3D was Amazing as well as the Dolby Atmos you could have a great feel for the movie, but there was a bit of let down. Still Happy I went to see this in Theater(I rarely go last one was WW, I maybe go once or twice a year). But it was nice to get out and see a nice movie(although at 2h44min MY ASS WAS KILLING ME :rofl: )
The Fighting Scene at The End with the water falling on the car left me very Captivated, it was truly visually Amazing and I was so into the movie at that point, Amazing Scene.

000 Ninja.png 000 Ninja.png 000 Ninja.png 0000 Ninja.png /5 or 000 Ninja.png 000 Ninja.png 000 Ninja.png 000 Ninja.png/5 Not sure (n):dunno:

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png

Another one of those highly-rated films that I've been meaning to check out for ages. Well, I finally got around to it tonight and I'm disappointed in myself for not giving it my time much sooner... some amazing choreography in this!

• Thanks
Reactions: vexred and C.C. 95