Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
A very sarcastic but spot on review of this film. I felt very underwhelmed by this horror flick as well.
Thought I was going to be alone on this one, as the general consensus seems to be that it's a pretty great horror flick. :wtf:

By the way, I really wish you'd quote properly mate... I almost missed your post, which makes me wonder how many I have actually missed. :ohno:

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017)
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png

I honestly expected to hate this, but it was actually quite fun (in a cheesy Fifth Element kind of way). Cara Delevingne still can't act though... then again, half the characters felt miscast, so that pretty much overshadowed her inability to deliver a half decent performance.

North by Northwest (1959)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

First time watch for me, despite the fact I've owned the Blu (2 copies in fact) for years now. Didn't quite realise until watching it just how many classic scenes that I've seen/heard about over the years are in this film, all of which are very memorable and shot expertly.

I particularly liked these shots...
0_56eba_c6ef2d59_orig.jpg
1361182690-large-north-by-northwest-blu-ray4.jpg
45-magnifiques-scenes-symetriques-dans-des-films-28.jpg
12.png

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
Gerald's Game (2017)
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png
empty.png

Mike Flanagan's films just aren't for me. (n)

@Flloydo Not sure if you've already seen it, but if not, then I reckon you'd like this one... it's from the same guy who did Hush.

View attachment 342616 View attachment 342616 View attachment 342616 View attachment 342615 View attachment 342615

I honestly expected to hate this, but it was actually quite fun (in a cheesy Fifth Element kind of way). Cara Delevingne still can't act though... then again, half the characters felt miscast, so that pretty much overshadowed her inability to deliver a half decent performance.
I felt like their performance was...'restricted'...because like 80% of the movie was CGI and majority of the time they were either looking at a green screen or an object while acting. But i enjoyed the movie, it was fun!

North by Northwest (1959)
View attachment 342790 View attachment 342790 View attachment 342790 View attachment 342790 View attachment 342789

First time watch for me, despite the fact I've owned the Blu (2 copies in fact) for years now. Didn't quite realise until watching it just how many classic scenes that I've seen/heard about over the years are in this film, all of which are very memorable and shot expertly.

I particularly liked these shots...
I watched this in theatres recently and wow, it was amazing to look at.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles

000 Ninja.png
/5

I started watching this yesterday and was expecting to like it. I was actually looking forward to watch this movie. However I watched 54 minutes and was bored to death :sleep: I don't know what it was but my friend was enjoying it, myself I could not get into the story and I have an issue with CGI that doesn't look 100% real, you could see some of the different Species and many times it looked like CGI, I guess it maybe was meant to be this way ?? I don't know but I just could not get into it, the 2 main actors being almost looking like teenagers and being called ''General''(or a high ranking title) ? I was not buying it o_O
I like a good sci-fi movie, but this was just not for me :bored:

I felt like their performance was...'restricted'...because like 80% of the movie was CGI and majority of the time they were either looking at a green screen or an object while acting. But i enjoyed the movie, it was fun!

I watched this in theatres recently and wow, it was amazing to look at.
Fair point, but it's the same for many actors nowadays, and yet they seem to perform ok. I'm beginning to think I maybe just have a problem with Cara's "acting" style though, because I personally think she sucks in every film I've seen her in so far, yet others seem to disagree. But, yeah... the film was definitely fun!

Oh wow, I'm sure that's an experience you won't be forgetting any time soon! :)

View attachment 342922 /5

I started watching this yesterday and was expecting to like it. I was actually looking forward to watch this movie. However I watched 54 minutes and was bored to death :sleep: I don't know what it was but my friend was enjoying it, myself I could not get into the story and I have an issue with CGI that doesn't look 100% real, you could see some of the different Species and many times it looked like CGI, I guess it maybe was meant to be this way ?? I don't know but I just could not get into it, the 2 main actors being almost looking like teenagers and being called ''General''(or a high ranking title) ? I was not buying it o_O
I like a good sci-fi movie, but this was just not for me :bored:
I know what you mean about the CGI... it was way too polished in places, which made it very obvious. As for their high ranking titles... I hadn't thought of that, but you make a good/funny point. :LOL:

American Made (2017)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

This movie was highly entertaining and fun to watch. I don't remember it having any flaws.

It (2017)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

It was a good thriller but not scary at all.

Kingsmen: The Golden Circle (2017)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

Some of the action and comedy felt flat. I gotta watch again to decide if i really like it or not.

Dracula (1992)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

I can watch Gary Oldman play this character anywhere, anytime and enjoy it. But rest of the movie wasn't as entertaining.

Trick 'r Treat (2007)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

Felt similar to "It" in someways. It was a good thriller and somehow was more fun to watch this than "It".

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Back to the Future (1985)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png

Back to the Future Part II (1989)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png

The first is obviously a classic, but I've always had more fun with the sequel... I also find it extremely clever how it all intertwines with the first and then sets up the completely bonkers and unnecessary third film (which is still pretty entertaining to be fair).

Game of Death (1978)
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png

I literally only just learned the history of this film not too long after watching it... I couldn't understand why it was so different to Bruce Lee's previous work and lacked any major scenes including him doing what he does best (apart from the last 20 mins), which is when I decided to Google it and discovered that he actually died part way through filming, so they hired stand-ins for the rest and spliced bits of old footage together, some of which being from his own funeral... or so I read.

The final part of the film with the real Lee kind of made up for it though... I loved the idea of there being a different "boss" he had to battle on each floor of the restaurant - apparently he didn't even finish filming that part either though, as there were meant to be five floors, but he only filmed three before his death. Oh, and the blank bullet scene... that was just harrowing to watch unfold, considering it's basically how his son died. Easily the weakest of the BL films I've seen anyway, which is a shame, as it had a lot of potential IMO.