Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
I don't understand the hate around Chappie, i think is a good movie, worse than Elysium and D9, but is entertaining, with good characters and good devopolvement with Chappie, and the action scenes are cool.

Ex Machina is one of the best movies of this year, great ending.
I can understand why some didn't like Chappie, but for me it sits in the middle of Blomkamp's trilogy - I found District 9 to be his best and Elysium to be his worst (it's still a decent film though IMO).

As for Ex Machina... it wasn't really what I expected, but I still really enjoyed it. Can't wait to rewatch it and maybe even bump up my rating to 5 stars/ninjas! :D

Animal Kingdom - :ninja::ninja::ninja:
Men in Black - :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:
Men in Black II - :ninja::ninja::ninja:
Men in Black 3 - :ninja::ninja::ninja:
Monsters: Dark Continent - :ninja::ninja:

I have seen Monsters: Dark Continent too, such a bad movie, the first is good, but this sequel, ugh

ninjastanding.png
ninjastanding.png

-The Crow
This is one of that movies is never get old, is truly awesome, is sad this became the last movie of Brandon Lee, but the acting is truly good, the action is cool, and the cinematograhpy and music are very good

ninjastanding.png
ninjastanding.png
ninjastanding.png
ninjastanding.png

San Andreas
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

This film felt a bit like the Rock was on an extreme adventure holiday at times.
It was over the top as one would expect from a disaster movie, but the dialogue was pretty awful.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: PunkNinja
From the last few weeks of movies I've seen.

Avengers Age of Ultron
Pros - Hulkbuster vs the Hulk worth it alone, dinner party scene, anything with Thor's hammer, slow mo 360 money shot in the end fight
Cons - Black Widow and Bruce Banner side story (Avengers did Hulk right, we wanted more Hulk, not more Bruce Banner); mediocre bad guy in Ultron, disjointed story telling with some forgettable scenes
:ninja::ninja::ninja:

Mad Max Fury Road

Pros - Amazing action and stunts, bad ass cinematography, great world building, Furiosa
Cons - Not enough about Mad Max, he's more a supporting character to Furiosa, perhaps too simplistic of a storyline
:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

Tomorrowland
Pros - Good performances by all the leads, action scene in the farm house was well done, initial world building and magic was good
Cons - Awful, cliche 45 minutes; Hugh Laurie could have been much better, some glaring plot holes
:ninja::ninja::ninja:

• Helpful Post
The Duff -
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

I went into the movie not expecting much, but was surprised to find out it was actually funny.The story is kinda typical high school stuff and nothing new.kinda reminds me of she's all that in a way but with some minor differences.The real bright spot was the female cast :cigar: casting director had to be a man .I would recommend a rent nothing to go crazy over.

• Helpful Post
Gojira

I bought this (beacuse in my childhood, Godzilla is one of my favorites), and is AWESOME, is the best Godzilla movie: great characters, great score, good special effects and a terrific monsters: ¡Gojira!

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

• Helpful Post
image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Great Movie. Ignore the praises, and ignore the haters. Just judge for yourself. Amazing atmosphere, cinematography, and music. I haven't seen a location used to such great effect in a long time. The suburbs and decayed 8 mile of Detroit are major characters. (The suburbs feel like a ghost town version of Spielberg's happy suburbia of Poltergeist and E.T.).
This movie isn't about jump scares. This movie is about trying to figure out what the hell you are supposed to do when an unstoppable force is coming for you.
I'm not gonna pick at the flaws, because the great things are just so great.
All the nods to the '80's are correct- in the best ways. If the names Carpenter & Kubrick make you happy...
No question that this will be on my Top Ten at the end of the year.:thumbs:

Last edited:
Blackhat - Finally got around to watching this movie; more for my love of Michael Mann gunfights than anything else. What a disappointment.
Pros - Middle gun fight was decent, for guys, Tang Wei is easy on the eyes and Chris Hemsworth is topless for the ladies, couple of relatively shocking moments near the end
Cons - Boring, thinly developed characters, not a compelling story with any sense of urgency or stakes, severe lack of action with a pathetic last gun fight

• Helpful Post
San Andreas - Posted additional thoughts in the specific thread already, but here's a rehash of sorts.
Pros - Destruction scenes were entertaining and pretty well done, the Rock was solid, most lead characters were not complete idiots like other similar movies
Cons - Paper thin, predictable story and characters, lackluster side story with Alexandra's character, scope of the incident should have been larger and more epic

If you saw the trailers and were even remotely interested, you'd either like or at least enjoy the movie. If not, stay away and save your money.

• Helpful Post
CHAPPiE - 1N.png 1N.png 1N.png 1N.png HalfN.png Another great movie from Neill Blomkamp :thumbs:

Ex_Machina - 1N.png 1N.png 1N.pngOnly interesting part was the ending (last 15min or so)

Furious 7 - 1N.png HalfN.png Too much, much too much or not enough? You decide, but this was not for me :meh:

Kingsman - 1N.png 1N.png 1N.png 1N.pngExcellent way to bring back gentleman spy´s to this century :thumbs:

Get Hard - 1N.png 1N.png HalfN.png If you like Will Ferrell movies, you will like this

Age of Ultron - 1N.png 1N.png 1N.png 1N.png HalfN.png There was something missing from this or there was something too much, thats why only 4,5 ninjas and not 5

Jupiter Ascending - HalfN.png This just sucked bal*s :yuck: Only good this was the visual effects and Mila Kunis :D Everything else :vomit:

Mortdecai - 1N.png 1N.png 1N.png HalfN.png Surprisingly funny movie, definitely worth a watch :thumbs:

Hot Tub Time Machine 2 - 1N.png 1N.png HalfN.png Movie full of co*k & as* jokes, so you got to laugh at some point ;)