Ready Player One (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Manta Lab Exclusive No.17) [Hong Kong]

Which edition(s) will you be getting?

• Full Slip

Votes: 53 31.7%
  • Single Lenti

Votes: 28 16.8%
  • Double Lenti

Votes: 47 28.1%
  • One Click

Votes: 47 28.1%

• Total voters

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 10, 2018
Purchase links: Full Slip (4K + 2D) - Double Lenti (3D + 2D) - Single Lenti (3D + 2D) - One Click (Pre-order on August 3 at 8 PM Hong Kong time, GMT+8) Check your local timing HERE
Price: $48.99 (Full Slip 4K+2D or Double Lenti 3D+2D) - $47.99 (Single Lenti 3D+2D) - $155.97 (One Click)
Notes: The one click box is like a matchbox. There's an outer cover and an inner container.
Print run is 2800 units for both Domestic and International, Full Slip 900 - Single Lenti 900 - Double Lenti 1000 - One Click 500.
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Double Lenti - Full Slip - Single Lenti

1.jpg3.jpg2.jpg0.jpg
37349395_1839130356197064_5615043898360463360_n.jpg
Goodies
- Slips: Full sized Booklet, Character Cards, Post Cards, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Lenticular Sticker, Envelope,

Effects
- Full Slip: Spot Holofoil, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip: Super Clear 3D Lenticular + High Quality Holofoil Paper Slip + Spot Glossy + Embossing
- Double Lenticular Full Slip: 2 x Super Clear 3D Lenticular + High Quality Paper Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing
- One Click Box: Featuring Yuji Kaida's Illustrations + High Quality Box + Spot Matte + Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Embossing

Last edited:
Ordered the double Lenti as it is absolutely perfect. I may now not bother with HDZeta.

You go for it in the end @Noodles ?
You had me worried there for a sec! Thought I'd got my dates mixed up and this had gone live on the site :ohno: lol.

I always order direct with Manta releases mate, since they're usually easy to secure. I'll be going for the double lenti also. :thumbs:

Manta mentioned to me that they had other ideas for slips and extra video game components but due to it being a Spielberg & Warner film it was much harder to get it all approved (which is a shame but we all know how this approval process works now) and they also had a idea for a Atari related themes (possibly a slip but again due to approval)

Manta mentioned to me that they had other ideas for slips and extra video game components but due to it being a Spielberg & Warner film it was much harder to get it all approved (which is a shame but we all know how this approval process works now) and they also had a idea for a Atari related themes (possibly a slip but again due to approval)
Similar case for FilmArena's Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom steelbook... they originally wanted to use a much better WEA design, but Spielberg himself apparently said no lol.

• Informative
Reactions: Sigill and Flloydo
Similar case for FilmArena's Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom steelbook... they originally wanted to use a much better WEA design, but Spielberg himself apparently said no lol.
Is that true???? Was he afraid it would outshine the film? I can't imagine how he is happy with the WWA artwork if true.

It’s odd

Thought he’d be all over that. Same with a Atari style slip. But then Spielberg does re release a lot of films so maybe he waits to use stuff down the line

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Is that true???? Was he afraid it would outshine the film? I can't imagine how he is happy with the WWA artwork if true.
I’m not sure how much these directors really have to say about these editions. Of course there are occasions where they do get involved when they run competitions to design artworks but with all the individual releases can you really see them sitting there saying I like this but I don’t like that. I would imagine it’s a marketing team who have set rules of what can and can’t be used. I know it does happen though as @Wreck said Tarantino liked a Steelbook he saw and wanted to keep it I believe.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k