Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 24, 2018
Purchase links: 4K + BD - BD + DVD
Price: $34.99 (4K) - $29.99 (BD)
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21
Note: Matte finish

6228663_sa.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000.jpeg6228659_sa.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000.jpeg

Last edited:
Got this delivered yesterday - a little disappointed its matte finish but I am sure there will be a premium release by the usual retailers. The movie in 4K and Dolby Vision with Dolby Atmos is fantastic - what a great movie!

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Got this delivered yesterday - a little disappointed its matte finish but I am sure there will be a premium release by the usual retailers. The movie in 4K and Dolby Vision with Dolby Atmos is fantastic - what a great movie!

I haven't opened it yet, but it looks like spot gloss, at least behind him. Adds an almost 3D Touch.

Question: what does 'streaky' mean exactly? Is it brushed metal showing through the art or is it streaky paint application? I'm thinking the former based on in-hand comparisons but not 100% sure.

Look at areas around Wade in the pics attached and you will see the "streaks."

Attachments

• IMG_20180722_220802.jpg
    IMG_20180722_220802.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20180722_220748.jpg
    IMG_20180722_220748.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 145
Reactions: monanza
Ugh, didn’t preorder this and all the stores nearby sold out of the 4k version.

Reactions: ash333
The thing about this release I have to super appreciate- is the cardboard going around the spine- that way it protects against careless employees slashing up those spines when they open their boxes!
Yea definitely. I think we all appreciate that.
But this is not the first time they are doing this though.

Yea definitely. I think we all appreciate that.
But this is not the first time they are doing this though.
It is a nice touch, however I remember them doing the same for Logan when it was released (first wave) and majority of them had spine slashes under the cardboard, mine included. Luckily i was able to secure a copy of the FAC Edition

It is a nice touch, however I remember them doing the same for Logan when it was released (first wave) and majority of them had spine slashes under the cardboard, mine included. Luckily i was able to secure a copy of the FAC Edition
Then that must've happened at the steelbook manufacturer. Which we obviously cant blame BB for.

Then that must've happened at the steelbook manufacturer. Which we obviously cant blame BB for.
In that case the spine slash has probably happened at the distributor (or whatever company they outsource the process to) when receiving bare steelbooks from the manufacturer for inserting discs, adding J-cards, etc.