Ready Player One - In theaters March 30, 2018

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Ready Player One (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Steven Spielberg[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, Mark Rylance, Ben Mendelsohn, Simon Pegg, T.J. Miller

Plot: When the creator of an MMO called the Oasis dies, he releases a video in which he challenges all Oasis users to find his Easter Egg, which will give the finder his fortune. Wade Watts finds the first clue and starts a race for the Egg. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
nzinnrSEnXIVw9ib6BCmUV6dvt3.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Read the book. Seriously. It's worth it.

The story relies heavily on pop culture of the 80s and 90s.

The book isn't limited by the rights to certain characters and films... It looks like this movie will be tho.
All the characters shown seem to be WB owned or something Spielberg was involved with?

Its too bad that it limits things... but its understandable. Would be so hard to get the rights to everything in the book.
I need to watch it again with a closer eye, but I also spotted Harley Quinn and Deathstroke, and even Duke Nukem lol. Oh, and that red motorbike... is that the one from Akira? Spielberg actually said that "the Iron Giant is a real major player in the story", which really excites me! :D

Ahh
Didn't realise that. That's very cool and yeah understandable with the limits on film. I wonder if there will be some hidden Spielberg beauties from previous films he's not showing in the trailer. Infact I'll bet on it

Oh I didn't see them but I think I see a turtle next to the iron giant

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Spielberg actually said that "the Iron Giant is a real major player in the story", which really excites me! :D

I have a feeling that they they are using Iron Giant instead of
Ultraman
He was a really "BIG" plot point in the books and it seems like Iron Giant will be the replacement.

• Thanks
I have a feeling that they they are using Iron Giant instead of
Ultraman
He was a really "BIG" plot point in the books and it seems like Iron Giant will be the replacement.
I wasn't aware of that having not fully read the book. Honestly, I don't even know who that is... Googling the character makes me glad they replaced him with Iron Giant though lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and Flloydo
I had missed a few of these, wonder how many are hidden throughout the whole film!

How the **** anyone spotted duke nukem and Gandalf is beyond me! Such a quick glimpse and the lighting makes it hard to see.

Really looking forward to this

Who's that next to the iron giant? I thought it was a turtle but now the look too slim so it could be deadshot I suppose or someone else. I noticed Harley but not Lara. Very cool

Edit: it turns out i hadn't seen the HD trailer lol, I can see them much clearer now especially Gandalf

I had missed a few of these, wonder how many are hidden throughout the whole film!

How the **** anyone spotted duke nukem and Gandalf is beyond me! Such a quick glimpse and the lighting makes it hard to see.

Really looking forward to this

Who's that next to the iron giant? I thought it was a turtle but now the look too slim so it could be deadshot I suppose or someone else. I noticed Harley but not Lara. Very cool

Edit: it turns out i hadn't seen the HD trailer lol, I can see them much clearer now especially Gandalf
Great video @kaw :thumbs: On my 1st viewing of the trailer I only noticed the Iron Giant and the DeLorean! :emb:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and Flloydo
I couldn’t work out what you were laughing at until I see the tag line

Lol now seeing the original poster with that leg I can’t stop laughing
Lol the leg was the first thing I noticed when I saw it (the official poster). Not sure WTH Hollywood is up to when it comes to botched posters nowadays... it's one after another.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo

I couldn’t work out what you were laughing at until I see the tag line

Lol now seeing the original poster with that leg I can’t stop laughing

Lol the leg was the first thing I noticed when I saw it (the official poster). Not sure WTH Hollywood is up to when it comes to botched posters nowadays... it's one after another.

HOW DID I NOT SEE THAT!? haha So funny. Way to wreck a really cool poster. :wacky:

Surprised to see no one's posted the new trailer yet. So, here it is...

New Trailer looks awesome!!!
My only issue is Mark Rylance as Halliday... not at all how I pictured him from the book...

• Thanks