Ready Player One - In theaters March 30, 2018

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Ready Player One (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Steven Spielberg[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, Mark Rylance, Ben Mendelsohn, Simon Pegg, T.J. Miller

Plot: When the creator of an MMO called the Oasis dies, he releases a video in which he challenges all Oasis users to find his Easter Egg, which will give the finder his fortune. Wade Watts finds the first clue and starts a race for the Egg. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
nzinnrSEnXIVw9ib6BCmUV6dvt3.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Last edited by a moderator:
@Drum18 @Noodles You guys spot a bunch of the new easter eggs?
Lots of Video game ones this time around. Street Fighter, Lara Croft, Battle Toads, Overwatch.
Yep, caught a few cool ones. Chucky even made a quick appearance! So many unexpected "cameos" in this... I imagine I'll spend most of the movie looking out for them lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and kaw
Yep, caught a few cool ones. Chucky even made a quick appearance! So many unexpected "cameos" in this... I imagine I'll spend most of the movie looking out for them lol.

Thought I see Chucky

I need to see a HD trailer though

Looks okay. Up for a new Spielberg action/ sci fi film

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I'm so glad that I read the book prior to the release of the movie. Looking at the trailers, they've diverged from the storyline in certain aspects. It looks like Wade will meet Art3mis IRL a lot sooner, than compared to the book. Also, between Wade meeting Aech IRL and when they all arrive together to tackle the final quest seems a lot more eventful than in the book.

Don't get me wrong; I'm glad that this film is getting made. I'm also glad that Spielberg is handling it.

I'm so glad that I read the book prior to the release of the movie. Looking at the trailers, they've diverged from the storyline in certain aspects. It looks like Wade will meet Art3mis IRL a lot sooner, than compared to the book. Also, between Wade meeting Aech IRL and when they all arrive together to tackle the final quest seems a lot more eventful than in the book.

Don't get me wrong; I'm glad that this film is getting made. I'm also glad that Spielberg is handling it.

Obviously the movie isn't going to be exactly the same as the book. Especially with one like this, adapting it couldn't have been easy for them.
I'm actually going to try to go into it as if its a completely different thing because Its going to be really hard to top the book.
I'm expecting characters and certain story elements will be the same, but thats about it. With them not being able to get the rights to certain movies, things will be very different for sure.

But it is Spielberg. If anyone could make it work, its him.

I am glad they made this movie, and am glad I read the book first. My only problem is that they had to change a lot of the"classics" to be more update. The book was full of 80s references and most of the stuff int he preview is 90s and later, but I think it appeals to a younger audience so I am not that mad about it.

Love the new poster for this. I'm really looking forward to it. One of the few movies that I'm anticipating this year. I totally avoided the book because I d9nt want to be influenced by it. It was the same with the Harry Potter books. I haven't read one of them. I'm sure they are great and in ways even better then the movies. I guess what im really saying is that I'm just lazy. :smug: So glad Alan Silvestri is doing the score for it this too since Williams couldn't. Silvestri fits well with it.

I'm going to have to keep checking Regal Rewards site for that poster. I bet you it will be up for a matter of minutes before being sold out.