Ready Player One - In theaters March 30, 2018

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Ready Player One (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Steven Spielberg[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, Mark Rylance, Ben Mendelsohn, Simon Pegg, T.J. Miller

Plot: When the creator of an MMO called the Oasis dies, he releases a video in which he challenges all Oasis users to find his Easter Egg, which will give the finder his fortune. Wade Watts finds the first clue and starts a race for the Egg. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
nzinnrSEnXIVw9ib6BCmUV6dvt3.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Last edited by a moderator:

I really love The Iron Giant, and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't get giddy seeing him in all the trailers for this film- but the people of Twitter brought up a rather interesting point...

Point being- The Iron Giant is a film that creates an argument against war and violence- with it's overarching message being that violence is trite and something that must be overcome. SO, having the Iron Giant in a action movie where he punches things would be missing the entire point of The Iron Giant entirely.

Thoughts?

Thought that was a great trailer. Can’t wait for this

I really love The Iron Giant, and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't get giddy seeing him in all the trailers for this film- but the people of Twitter brought up a rather interesting point...

Point being- The Iron Giant is a film that creates an argument against war and violence- with it's overarching message being that violence is trite and something that must be overcome. SO, having the Iron Giant in a action movie where he punches things would be missing the entire point of The Iron Giant entirely.

Thoughts?

I see as because he’s a avatar they can do what they want. He don’t have to be anything like the version in the iron giant movie

• Thanks
Reactions: FN-2187 and Noodles

Thoughts?

This should help as to why Iron Giant is used like he is in Ready Player One.

Speiberg in an interview stated they could not get all the liscencing to the original characters that were used in the book.

The Japanese superhero Ultraman plays a huge role in the end of the original Cline novel but is basically replaced in the film by The Iron Giant, which is owned by Warner Bros., which is distributing Ready Player One.

Ultraman is in a lawsuit, believe it or not,” co-writer Zak Penn told io9. “And even Steven Spielberg can’t convince these two parties to settle.”

• Thanks
Reactions: FN-2187
Just got back from watching this. Spoiler Free Thoughts:

Its pretty great! If you are a fan of Movies and Video games (AKA a Member of Hi-Def Ninja) You'll enjoy this. I'm very glad the trailers didn't spoil everything.
There are some really fun cameos and easter eggs and I can't wait to get this on Blu-ray to pause it and try to find all the characters and things I may have missed. Its loaded with them!

Is it better then the book? no. It's biggest problem is that it has to rush things to fit into a 2 hour movie and they change a lot from the book to make it work. But that being said, I still had a ton of fun and it was actually enjoyable not having all the same references as the book because it made each of the challenges more of a surprise.

If you are on the fence about seeing this, don't be.

Just got back from watching this and loved it, @bloodsnake007 is gonna lose his **** :hilarious:
@DADDYCOOL187 You're absolutely right my Ninja Bro! :woot:

I lost my sh*t when...
King Kong was a part of the race challenge! I squealed like a little school girl when he came on the screen! :D And when Mecha Godzilla appeared in the final battle kicking ass, that was AWESOME! Wow! Just WOW!!! :notworthy: :cool: :thumbs:
I bet @tridon is gonna love this film! :thumbs:

Saw this today and thought it was good, nice amount of originality about it which is missing in a lot of new films these day. A lot of the Easter eggs were wasted on me unfortunately and I bet I missed a ton of others as well so looking forward to seeing it again when it's released on Blu-ray (should look amazing in 4K with HDR)

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187