Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 9th, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £14.99

11182330-1074334249024076.jpg

11182330-8994334249046054.jpg

Last edited:
i have the german embossed edition i think that would be hard to beat by this edition. plus if anyone is interested the german edition has no german text anywhere

• Helpful Post
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
The artwork looks like a cheap Photoshop mockup.
Besides, the movie is about the relationship between Atom, Charlie and Max. Don't know why showing Noisy Boy and Midas, since that fight is absolutely meaningles.
If they really want bots on the front cover, they should show Atom vs. Zeus.
So, easy pass for me.

Edit: just saw that @Scary Hair also think that way :)

Last edited:
Ordered this from Amazon last week. It has now disappeared off of their website, but my order still remains. You'd think that these companies would get their act together and make up their minds what they are doing, as I don't think it's fair on customers who don't follow SteelBook drama to be messed about like this. When I place an order for something on one website, I don't expect to have it cancelled and have to then hunt around for where to order it a second time! Life is too short to be doing things twice!

If I'm not mistaken, isn't this the same front artwork used for the Blufans Viva Metalpak that came with the exclusive coin / box?

If so, the front artwork being used here is the same in regards to the Blufans Viva Metalpak, and the rear artwork (of Zavvi's) is actually that of the front of the embossed German edition.

Think I've said that right... LOL :confused::rofl::LOL:

If I'm not mistaken, isn't this the same front artwork used for the Blufans Viva Metalpak that came with the exclusive coin / box?

If so, the front artwork being used here is the same in regards to the Blufans Viva Metalpak, and the rear artwork (of Zavvi's) is actually that of the front of the embossed German edition.

That Is correct. Although, note that the German one is embossed. (Or so I have read).

And the Blufans Viva Metal Box looks awesome, by the way.

That Is correct. Although, note that the German one is embossed. (Or so I have read).
See my post again @C.C. 95 (quoted above) ;) I had already confirmed the German editon is embossed and I can clarify for certain as I own it :D:p

Reactions: C.C. 95
Well, it sure looks like the mock-up apart from the real McCoy having a border.
Good to see nice bright colours with hopefully a full gloss finish and good to see that it's not a silver affair like the recent "Robot Overlords" which promised to be as colourful as this one (from the original mock-up with TBC artwork).
It's noted above that the robots are embossed and they do indeed LOOK like they are at the same level as the border and that they themselves are part of the border.
Can't tell if the title is de-bossed but suspect not.

EDIT: Maybe an owner of the Netherlands steelbook with the same front artwork will be kind enough let me know if that one is a gloss or matte steelbook and what is the 'bossing situation.
I do appreciate that the two are apparently different in other respects (based on pics of both actual items on HDN) - NL without border and without 'bossing (?) and the one above (U.K. ?) with border and with 'bossing.

Last edited: