Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 9th, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £14.99

11182330-1074334249024076.jpg

11182330-8994334249046054.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it sure looks like the mock-up apart from the real McCoy having a border.
Good to see nice bright colours with hopefully a full gloss finish and good to see that it's not a silver affair like the recent "Robot Overlords" which promised to be as colourful as this one (from the original mock-up with TBC artwork).
It's noted above that the robots are embossed and they do indeed LOOK like they are at the same level as the border and that they themselves are part of the border.
Can't tell if the title is de-bossed but suspect not.

EDIT: Maybe an owner of the Netherlands steelbook with the same front artwork will be kind enough let me know if that one is a gloss or matte steelbook and what is the 'bossing situation.
I do appreciate that the two are apparently different in other respects (based on pics of both actual items on HDN) - NL without border and without 'bossing (?) and the one above (U.K. ?) with border and with 'bossing.

The Netherland one does not have any em- or debossing and is a quality matte and shiny finish. Looks like the Zavvi one is much better.

• Informative
Reactions: virkia
Mine arrived today but it's going back because it's one that I bought in error - stupidly, I activated my new card with this steel forgetting that it was already out and being shipped so when I tried to cancel it a couple of minutes later the cancellation was declined :(

Muted gloss steelbook with similar dark almost matte look as "Bedknobs".
Embossed characters (on the same level as the framing border).
No 'bossing to the title, though it's been given a little punch thanks to the white outline and the use of paler colours to fill it in (faded denim blue and copper).
A bit cheap-looking IMO
6/10
Overview pic to follow until someone posts more comprehensive pics.

Having this in my hand. I kind of like this steel book

Attachments

• 20160130_123023.jpg
    20160130_123023.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 152
Certainly was GBP 7.99 for a while but is now showing GBP 19.99 along with other previously cheaper steels ("Hitchhiker's", "NT 1&2", "Saving Mr.Banks", "Face/Off", "Gone in 60 Seconds", "Dead Poets'" and "The Muppets" - hopefully this is a very temporary aberration.

EDIT 25/2/16: "Real Steel" @GBP 6.99 at the time of writing.

Last edited: