rear wireless speakers?

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Looking for something to plug into my current set up with receiver ..... so not really looking for bose.

any ideas? Not been hip to the tech for a few years hoping something nice got invented.....

Looking for something to plug into my current set up with receiver ..... so not really looking for bose.

any ideas? Not been hip to the tech for a few years hoping something nice got invented.....

Hey Wreck, I have the Rocketfish Universal Wireless Rear Speaker Kit for my surround sound speakers and I get no signal loss or latency issues either. I also use a second set for my side surrounds too. Very nice and they can be hidden too. :thumbs:

Reactions: thefly
this sounds cool .... so i can use these in sync with my current receiver and fronts?

Yep, my mains are connected normally to the back of the receiver. My back and side surrounds are each set connected to a Rockfish receiver and the Rockfish transceiver connects to your receiver where they normally would connect and sends the audio wirelessly.

Since the Rockfish set only has a manual power switch on the back I just plug it into a switched power source on the back of my receiver and so when I turn on my receiver it turns the Rockfish on.

It works awesome and I hear no signal degradation or latency issues either. For $100 you can't beat it. It saved me from having to rip up my carpet or climb up into my attic and lay out wires. :LOL:

Yep, my mains are connected normally to the back of the receiver. My back and side surrounds are each set connected to a Rockfish receiver and the Rockfish transceiver connects to your receiver where they normally would connect and sends the audio wirelessly.

Since the Rockfish set only has a manual power switch on the back I just plug it into a switched power source on the back of my receiver and so when I turn on my receiver it turns the Rockfish on.

It works awesome and I hear no signal degradation or latency issues either. For $100 you can't beat it. It saved me from having to rip up my carpet or climb up into my attic and lay out wires. :LOL:

bad ass man, ill check best buy in store tomorrow .... otherwise order online.

those the best ones they offer?

bad ass man, ill check best buy in store tomorrow .... otherwise order online.

those the best ones they offer?

Yeah, they did have a remote operated receiver/ transceiver model but it became discontinued before I could nab one. This right now is the best they offer. For the price you really can't beat it. I even looked to Radio Shack as they specialize in this type of technology but they for some reason dropped there model too. Weird :oohyeah:

Last edited:
just to write back ....

worked awesome, but after like 2 days one side quit working ... i dont think its my speaker .. go tsome more testing to do ... might be because i had an "open item" as it was the only one in stock. :(

Hrm... that's a bummer. I'd return it and order one online instead, that way you'd get a new one. Believe me they work very well, that's a shame it quit on you though. I guess better now rather than when it's past the point of no returns. :(

well not sure how the open item returns work .... i bought it in austin texas ... and well yeah im far from there now. ;p