Record Store Day 2017 - 10th Anniversary - April 22

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
cropped-rsd2017_10YEAR-banners_wide-color-hi.jpg

When?
April 22, 2017. Founded in 2007 this year marks the 10th Anniversary.
Where? Worldwide, at your local record store.
Why? To celebrate the culture of the independently owned record stores.
What to expect? A number of records are pressed specifically for RSD, with a unique list of releases for each country, and are only distributed to shops participating in the event. Most of the time there's also live concerts, barbeques or just a hang around and chat with fellow collectors at your record shop

List of RSD exclusive releases?

RSD US: HERE
RSD UK: HERE
RSD IRELAND: HERE
RSD GERMANY: HERE
RSD BELGIUM: HERE
RSD NETHERLANDS: HERE
RSD FRANCE: HERE
RSD MEXICO: HERE
RSD ITALY: HERE
RSD SPAIN: HERE
RSD AUSTRALIA: HERE

Official websites with news and a search engine for participating shops in your area:
Record Store Day US
Record Store Day UK
Record Store Day DE

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: karma2578
Greek synth god Vangelis’ heroic Blade Runner soundtrack is to be reissued on vinyl as part of Record Store Day 2017.

The soundtrack will get a picture disc release for the first time courtesy of Rhino, so make sure you’re up early on Record Store Day (22nd April) to nab a copy as this is bound to be popular.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: karma2578
THE OFFICAL LIST!

These are the pieces that will be released at REAL LIVE RECORD STORES on April 22. Keep in mind that things change OFTEN in this world, and we’ll be making changes to the list when that happens. Fixes, tweaks, new descriptions, additions and cancellations as they happen. Life is a work in progress, there’s a poster out there with a kitten in an adorable but precarious situation that says so. And so is our list.

*There are three categories on this list. These are them:
RECORD STORE DAY EXCLUSIVE RELEASES. Exclusively available on Record Store Day at Record Store Day participating stores. Will not be available anywhere else in the same format.
RECORD STORE DAY LIMITED RUN/REGIONAL FOCUS RELEASES. Also exclusively available on Record Store Day at Record Store Day participating stores, but may not be distributed nationally, or the quantities of these titles are EXTREMELY limited. 1000 and under and WAY under 1000 in some cases. We felt it was only right to put them on a special sub-list, so that everyone is clear on the odds.
‘RECORD STORE DAY FIRST’ RELEASE. These are titles that you can find on Record Store Day at Record Store Day participating stores. So if you’re a fan of the artist, you get first listen. At some point in the future, generally four to six weeks, these titles will be available at other retailers.

INTERNATIONAL LISTS.
We don’t control what gets released in which countries. Someday, every release will be available everywhere without issues (we hope!) but that day’s not today. Meanwhile, here’s a link to the Record Store Day sites in other countries.

RSD US: HERE
RSD UK: HERE
RSD IRELAND: HERE
RSD GERMANY: HERE
RSD BELGIUM: HERE
RSD NETHERLANDS: HERE
RSD FRANCE: HERE
RSD MEXICO: HERE
RSD ITALY: HERE
RSD SPAIN: HERE
RSD AUSTRALIA: HERE

Greek synth god Vangelis’ heroic Blade Runner soundtrack is to be reissued on vinyl as part of Record Store Day 2017.

The soundtrack will get a picture disc release for the first time courtesy of Rhino, so make sure you’re up early on Record Store Day (22nd April) to nab a copy as this is bound to be popular.

was all over this until I read picture disc :(

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
The soundtrack for Space Jam, the 1996 movie starring Michael Jordan and the Looney Tunes, will be reissued on vinyl by Atlantic as a special release for Record Store Day. Fans of the film will be able to pick up the two-disc record on April 22.

This is a MUST-BUY for me :drool::drool::drool: Sadly it don't appear on the RSD List for Germany.

Soundtracks (all I found till now, maybe I missed some .... ):

418458060433:360

Label: Enjoy The Ride
Quantity: 1500
Release type: RSD Exclusive Release
Pressed on 140 gram "Crystal Clear" vinyl. Upgraded 400gsm thick Lp Jacket

418458060011:360

Label: Brookvale Records
Quantity: 2000
2 LP set with black and red "pool of blood" colored vinyl, deluxe tip-on gatefold packaging, and a color insert

418458060429:360

Label: Cinewax/Light In The Attic
Quantity: 2700
"Angel Shock” color wax * Never before released in any format * Audio restored and remastered from original film transfers * LP housed in a deluxe gatefold Stoughton tip-on jacket * Includes 20-page book

418458060524:360

Label: Walt Disney Records
Quantity: 3000
RSD picture disc vinyl

418458061135:360

Label: Phineas Atwood/Lakeshore Records
Quantity: 1800

418458059824:360

Label: Atlantic Catalog Group
Quantity: 3500
picture disc for the first time, housed within a die-cut single sleeve jacket

418458059975:360

Label: AEC Imports/Demon
Quantity: 2000
180g Pescaton Green vinyl. As an added bonus the gatefold release also comes with Dr Who Sound Effects on Orange viny

418458059881:360

Label: Atlantic Catalog Group
Quantity: 3500

418458060522:360

Label: Walt Disney Records
Quantity: 4000
In celebration of the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars “A New Hope” this nostalgic 10” RSD exclusive features two tracks from John Williams’ incomparable score from the film that kicked off a legendary franchise.
Side A: Main Title (From "Star Wars: A New Hope"/Score)
Side B: The Throne Room and End Title (From "Star Wars: A New Hope"/Score)

418458061127:360

Label: Warp Records
Quantity: 1000
Release type: RSD Limited Run / Regional Focus Release
Ded Sec is a collection of original music composed by Hudson Mohawke for the release of the second edition of the massively popular video game series Watch Dogs.

418458060446:360

Label: One Way Static
Quantity: 900
deluxe vinyl edition, on green vinyl

418458060032:360

Label: PIAS
Quantity: 250
Belgian electro-rock heavyweights Soulwax have emerged with the exciting news that they will release the soundtrack for Belgica - the film by Oscar nominated director Felix Van Groeningen. The LP will be exlcusively released on PIAS for Record Store Day. Double 180 gram.

418458060017:360

Label: SPACELAB9
Quantity: 1000
12" picture disc with a die-cut image of the legendary Lost In Space robot, packaged in a die-cut jacket with a full-color inside print.

418458059758:360

Label: Warner Bros.
Quantity: 3000
Release type: 'RSD First' Release
Prince Reissue of a 12" maxi-single from the 1980s

418458059692:360

Label: Warner Bros.
Quantity: 300
Prince Reissue of a 12" maxi-single from the 1980s

418458060701:360

Label: Fisher Price
Quantity: 1500
Transparent blue vinyl with poster insert.

Barbalu120-Kopie.jpg

Ennio Morricone - Blubeard / Barbablu - blue vinyl

Who-Quadrophenia120.jpg

The Who - Quadrophenia OST - Ltd. Edt., 2LP, 180g, ‘Parka’ green-coloured vinyl replica reissue

00109917.jpg

PSYCHIC MIGRATIONS - OST - Limited to 1,000 copies on "Pitted" pink wax

brian-gibson.jpg

Thumper - OST - Limited color vinyl pressing of the original soundtrack to the critically acclaimed rhythm violence game Thumper.

Ost-Blacula-RSD2017-1-150x150.jpg

180 gram audiophile vinyl, PVC protective sleeve, Special spot-varnish on jacket, Exclusive pressing of 1.500 numbered copies on red vinyl

00110201.jpg

QUATERMASS AND THE PIT (SCORE)
10" EP on Luminous Vinyl. First time on vinyl.

00110200.jpg

QUATERMASS AND THE PIT - ELECTRONIC CUES
12" LP with Printed Inner Sleeve and Insert300 Transparent Red/300 Transparent Green/300 Transparent Blue/300 Transparent Yellow

00110199.jpg

DON'T LOOK NOW - OST
7" Single - Transparent Red. 1000 Numbered Limited Edition

00110198.jpg

DON - OST
12" EP - Marigold Yellow Vinyl. 500 Numbered Copies.

00110078.jpg

THE LEGEND OF 1900 - OST
180 gram audiophile vinyl includes insert PVC sleeve limited edition of 1.000 copies on transparent vinyl individually numbered

00110104.jpg

THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN - OST
Limited to 1.500 Copies. Silver foil die-cut cover. Hexagon shaped viny.l LP From the original stereo analog masters.

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Noodles
The soundtrack for Space Jam, the 1996 movie starring Michael Jordan and the Looney Tunes, will be reissued on vinyl by Atlantic as a special release for Record Store Day. Fans of the film will be able to pick up the two-disc record on April 22.

This is a MUST-BUY for me :drool::drool::drool: Sadly it don't appear on the RSD List for Germany.
I'm definitely interested in this one too! :woot:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and dan8885
Damn, I really want space jam, dark crystal and Pineapple Express

But I'm going to be so skint in time for this lol

Looks like a eBay job for me sometime in the year

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and dan8885
From the OSTs I really would love to get Space Jam, The Andromeda Strain and Blacula. Since Space Jam is not listed for Germany I guess I'll not be able to find it in store.

418458063813:360

The only soundtrack recorded by Thelonious Monk in 1959, to be released for the first time as a 2LP box set! Contains performances of classic Monk tunes heard in Roger Vadim's 1960 French film Les Liaisons Dangereuses. Features Monk’s 1959 all-star band of Charlie Rouse, Sam Jones & Art Taylor, special guest saxophonist Barney Wilen. Contains a 50 pg booklet with texts, discography, never before seen photographs and memorabilia from the recording session and original artwork. 180g, black vinyl.

LP1: 1. Rhythm-a-Ning 2. Crepuscule with Nellie 3. Six in One 4. Well, You Needn't 5. Pannonica (solo) 6. Pannonica (solo) 7. Pannonica (Quartet) 8. Ba-Lue Bolivar Ba-Lues-Are 9. Light Blue 10. We'll Understand It Better By and By
LP2: 1. Rhythm-a-Ning 2. Crepuscule with Nellie 3. Pannonica 4. Light Blue 5. Well, You Needn't (unedited) 6. Light Blue (Making Of)

What's everyone getting?
lots on the list that made me go, OK, cool, but which i don't want to get. as for what i am getting, that presumes i'll be able to find/get a copy! on the massive assumption i can get everything on the list, Blade Runner picture disc (i've always liked a piccie disc), plus quite a few of the non-film-related releases, which i won't list here.

sticking to film and TV, this, for Tom Baker's voice, and a flashback to all the early Saturday evening weird noises that soundtracked my childhood. :drool:

also, i rather like the idea of the non-essential but would be fun to have Christopher Lee Metal Knight release. the final wonderful word from one of our greatest actors. i always love the fact that he thought metal was the best music for the fantasy genre, not cos i agree/disagree with him, i just think coming from him - and with that voice - it's awesome. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
lots on the list that made me go, OK, cool, but which i don't want to get. as for what i am getting, that presumes i'll be able to find/get a copy! on the massive assumption i can get everything on the list, Blade Runner picture disc (i've always liked a piccie disc), plus quite a few of the non-film-related releases, which i won't list here.

sticking to film and TV, this, for Tom Baker's voice, and a flashback to all the early Saturday evening weird noises that soundtracked my childhood. :drool:

also, i rather like the idea of the non-essential but would be fun to have Christopher Lee Metal Knight release. the final wonderful word from one of our greatest actors. i always love the fact that he thought metal was the best music for the fantasy genre, not cos i agree/disagree with him, i just think coming from him - and with that voice - it's awesome. :)
Nice, I will def want the Dark Crystal Soundtrack, SIA, London Grammar (will need some help for this one), Santana and the other Woodstock album for my wife. I am also interested in the soul, funk, jazz compiliations.