Feb 28, 2011
UK
Released: October 26, 2018 Spring 2018 Fall 2017
Purchase:
Zavvi
PS4 - Amazon USA
XBox One - Amazon USA

1.jpg2.jpg

Developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

kisspng-red-dead-redemption-2-grand-theft-auto-v-rockstar-5b3fbdbb2fcf38.5473842515309039951958.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Red Dead Redemption 2 Officially Announced for PS4 and Xbox One, Coming Fall 2017

red2.jpg

The following statement from founder of Rockstar Games Sam Houser accompanied the announcement:
“With Red Dead Redemption 2, the team is working hard to push forward our vision for interactive entertainment in a truly living world. We hope to deliver players an epic experience that builds upon everything we’ve learned making games.”

Immediately shot up the list to my most anticipated game (well perhaps just behind The Last Guardian and Nier) as the first was one of the best experiences last gen. I was just sitting around thinking I'm hardly excited for any games at all and bam. :smuggrin:

Heard they might also be going down the same route as they have with GTAV and doing Red Dead Online... not sure how that'd work exactly with a western though, as there's obviously only so much stuff they can add.

The story/single player is what I'm most looking forward to though... I doubt they can top RDR and give us a character as great as Marston, but I look forward to seeing them try! I wonder if they'll continue where RDR left off (with his son)... I kind of hope they do.

Heard they might also be going down the same route as they have with GTAV and doing Red Dead Online... not sure how that'd work exactly with a western though, as there's obviously only so much stuff they can add.

The story/single player is what I'm most looking forward to though... I doubt they can top RDR and give us a character as great as Marston, but I look forward to seeing them try! I wonder if they'll continue where RDR left off (with his son)... I kind of hope they do.

Looks like Marston on the left of the poster and Bill Williamson on there too so people are speculating prequel about the old days of the gang. Perhaps playing as multiple or all of the gang big shots a la GTAV multiple character switching.

Original Redemption had an online mode too it just wasn't really all that interesting and these days is full of glitchers. My biggest hope is that they actually address the biggest thing that still lets GTA Online down to this day: horrendously long load times and terrible matchmaking that can take all day. Their continued support of the mode is superb but the amount of time you sit around WAITING is unreal!

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Looks like Marston on the left of the poster and Bill Williamson on there too so people are speculating prequel about the old days of the gang. Perhaps playing as multiple or all of the gang big shots a la GTAV multiple character switching.

Original Redemption had an online mode too it just wasn't really all that interesting and these days is full of glitchers. My biggest hope is that they actually address the biggest thing that still lets GTA Online down to this day: horrendously long load times and terrible matchmaking that can take all day. Their continued support of the mode is superb but the amount of time you sit around WAITING is unreal!
Good spot! That would be really cool if they did go backwards rather than forwards... and the character switching would be fun too. :D

I completely agree with you about GTAO... matchmaking can be terrible at times. Whilst I love the constant updates for Online, I'd rather they spent some of that time improving the servers instead. Hopefully they've learnt from it though and are therefore able to make RDRO a smoother experience.

Reactions: Last Lizard