luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: October 26, 2018
De22uQ-XUAUN4Dl.jpeg

Last edited:
YESSSS

The first game didn't get anything, they had like a special edition with a nice sleeve on it or something here in the UK but that was it. I was pretty shocked considering it was Rockstar and how well the game was received even before release. They did do some very nice things for the game on the Rockstar warehouse which I managed to get and I wouldn't have minded if they packed this stuff into a Collector's Edition with a steelbook first time round.

rdr_ostvinyl.jpg

warehouse_rdr1a.jpg

Honestly though with the GTAV collector's edition I was pretty let down considering I thought they would go all out for it. Like I assumed with the game being about money and breaking into banks that we'd get some sort of high quality old fashioned looking mini safe, kind of like how GTAIV got that metal lockbox, it would have been better if you had the safe and the lockbox from GTAIV would fit into it. I know, standards are high but I had hope in some small way, it was just a let down when the main thing for GTAV was the money purse with the lock on and the ughly GTAV logo slapped on the front. However I do thing the mini safe idea could work for this game, it is about a gang out of outlaws breaking into banks and the like so the old school safes could work in this game, maybe something like

75955c742346a065db91db1314fd1308.jpg

We'll probably end up with another statue or something. I know we'll get a map, obviously but I'm hoping they go all out and we get a steelbook for this.

YESSSS

The first game didn't get anything, they had like a special edition with a nice sleeve on it or something here in the UK but that was it. I was pretty shocked considering it was Rockstar and how well the game was received even before release. They did do some very nice things for the game on the Rockstar warehouse which I managed to get and I wouldn't have minded if they packed this stuff into a Collector's Edition with a steelbook first time round.

rdr_ostvinyl.jpg

warehouse_rdr1a.jpg

Honestly though with the GTAV collector's edition I was pretty let down considering I thought they would go all out for it. Like I assumed with the game being about money and breaking into banks that we'd get some sort of high quality old fashioned looking mini safe, kind of like how GTAIV got that metal lockbox, it would have been better if you had the safe and the lockbox from GTAIV would fit into it. I know, standards are high but I had hope in some small way, it was just a let down when the main thing for GTAV was the money purse with the lock on and the ughly GTAV logo slapped on the front. However I do thing the mini safe idea could work for this game, it is about a gang out of outlaws breaking into banks and the like so the old school safes could work in this game, maybe something like

75955c742346a065db91db1314fd1308.jpg

We'll probably end up with another statue or something. I know we'll get a map, obviously but I'm hoping they go all out and we get a steelbook for this.
I'm hoping they do something really special for the game they have been working on it for 8 years :wacky: an artbook for the game got leaked a few days so i hope they include it with this i read that it will have 200+ pages :hungry: i got the GTA V collectors edition it was just OK but only got it cause it was GTA :p

• Thanks
Reactions: Wreck
Supremely annoyed that the collectors box does not actually come with the game! I got the collectors editions of GTA 4 and GTA 5, both of which came with the game, and they had things like a GTA branded safety deposit box in the case of GTA4 and all kinds of extras. I like getting these collectors editions because I like the extra stuff, but to not include the game is a big mistake in my view.

Game not included? That's f****** nuts! o_O

I would've passed on it even if it did anyway... there's too much random crap in there that I don't care about.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Kind of annoyed that it wasn't a safe...but that was my God level high expectations, however the trunk is nice if it's good quality. Way better then the awful money pouch for GTAV however it's done the same mistake where it's slapped the "Red Dead Redemption II" game logo on the box...kind of cheapens it a bit. The site says...

"Inspired by the lockbox used by the Van der Linde gang to stash contributions to the camp’s upkeep"

So why not put "Van der Linde" or "Van der Linde Gang" on the box instead? Its more subtle and you don't really know what it means unless you've played the game.

Anyway the little trinkets would have been better if they were all replicas of a variety of different items you could collect or find within the game. I'm just more appalled though that the game isn't even included, hell not even the God Damn steelbook. I mean seriously what the hell is up with that. Rockstar and their ego are growing, it's not a good thing.

This is AWESOME! :cool: :notworthy: But it makes no fu**ing sense to NOT include the game! :mad: :banghead:

I still want to get this though! :hungry: