Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Red Sparrow (2018)

Genre: Drama, Thriller

Director: Francis Lawrence

Cast: Jennifer Lawrence, Joel Edgerton, Jeremy Irons, Matthias Schoenaerts, Ciarán Hinds, Joely Richardson, Mary-Louise Parker, Charlotte Rampling, Douglas Hodge, Thekla Reuten, Sakina Jaffrey, Sergei Polunin, Sergej Onopko, Kristof Konrad, Joel de la Fuente, Nicole O'Neill, David Z. Miller, Sasha Frolova, Simon Szabó

Release: 2018-03-01

Plot: A young Russian intelligence officer is assigned to seduce a first-tour CIA agent who handles the CIA's most sensitive penetration of Russian intelligence. The two young officers, collide in a charged atmosphere of trade-craft, deception and inevitably forbidden passion that threatens not just their lives but of others as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Drum18
If it was SarJo instead of JLaw they could have called this Black Widow!
Why do I have the feeling that this is the script that was written for her... but since Marvel has always been shy of doing it, another Producer decided to go ahead with it...

Looks a lot like it...

Why do I have the feeling that this is the script that was written for her... but since Marvel has always been shy of doing it, another Producer decided to go ahead with it...

Looks a lot like it...

I looked it up and this film is actually based off a book by Jason Matthews (He is a retired CIA officer).
So I wonder if Marvel stole the idea from him? or if this is actually a real thing?

Poster :photo:

redsparrow-poster.jpg

Trailer started off like Black Widows origin scene in Avengers AOU and pretty familiar to the same kind of films that have come before however by the end it's clear there's more to this than just that. Looking forward to it :)

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database