Reflecting Skin (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: 30th of November, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi Exclusive Ultra Limited Steelbook (Live Sat 12pm BST)
Price: £14.99

Note: Limited to 2000 copies

rs1.jpg

Product page:

·First ever official release on Blu-ray anywhere in the world+

·Newly restored in a high-definition transfer from original elements

·All-new retrospective documentary covering the making of the film, including new and exclusive interviews with Philip Ridley and Viggo Mortensen Philip Ridley's short films Visiting Mr Beak (1987) and The Universe Of Dermot Finn (1988)

·Available on home video for the first time

rs2.jpg
rs3.jpg

Trailer:

Last edited:
First ever Blu-ray release ? are you sure Zavvi ?
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B002QZYLFW/?tag=hidefnin0d-21
Ha LMFAO! I was just about to praise Zavvi for a moment there, getting a true exclusive and actually trying to bring something fresh to the "home of Steelbookz"

Glad it's got steelbook treatment for the fans on here, but another fail by Zavvi pretending to have a world first!

Laughable !!

Reactions: lolwut and luke98
I mean, I know it's Zavvi and you have to take it with a grain of salt, but this does say ULTRA limited. Considering most things that are listed as "limited" have around a 2,000 print run...do you guys really think this will still be available that far in the future? With it being "ultra limited", I could see this having like a 500 print run, and selling out a lot faster than usual.
It will be at least a 1000 print run, Zavvi have been doing that of late.

But in the past they have said ultra limited and the print run has been 2000 a la Drag me to Hell for example.

However I can see this selling out at some stage as this is quite an obscure film that not a lot of people have heard of and will tempt collectors in to a blind buy and fans of the movie alike.

And Zavvi claiming it to be a world first, yeah right, but probably is quite scarce across the world, I think it may still do well.

But won't be an instant sell out I think, I could be wrong though!

I mean, I know it's Zavvi and you have to take it with a grain of salt, but this does say ULTRA limited. Considering most things that are listed as "limited" have around a 2,000 print run...do you guys really think this will still be available that far in the future? With it being "ultra limited", I could see this having like a 500 print run, and selling out a lot faster than usual.
In Zavvi speak "limited" = 4000 and "ultra-limited" = 2000. They are struggling to shift some of their other ultra-limited releases at £5.99, and this a cult arthouse film with a limited audience.

Reactions: lolwut
In Zavvi speak "limited" = 4000 and "ultra-limited" = 2000. They are struggling to shift some of their other ultra-limited releases at £5.99, and this a cult arthouse film with a limited audience.

And 'The Voices', a relatively new movie at 2000 copies. Which is now a 1/3 cheaper after release in July.

But more to do with the main topic - I've not heard of this movie which surprises me considering it was released in 1990 and looks like a potential classic. Speaking of niche film how about a Steelbook release of 'A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence'. ;)

Lol, that's exactly what they were hoping for by putting ULTRA in the title a while back. Even the "ultra limited" 2000 copies don't sell out and drop dramatically in price.

http://www.zavvi.com/elysium.search?search=ultra+limited+steelbook

WHOA!!:OMG::wow:
Did NOT expext that!!:OMG: A GREEAAAATTT movie!!:thumbs:
So underrated! Very Lynchian. This is GREAT NEWS!!:thumbs:

totally with you. saw this on vhs back in the day ...

Never heard of this....
The synopsis sounds intriguing though

shame on you ! lol.

Need to give this a watch first, before pulling the trigger on a steel purchase.

where, like know where are you able to see this ... ?

I agree with @C.C. 95, terrific movie and the steelbook looks great too. Will be mine :thumbs:

same here. now Zavvi upped their game ... A LOT !

Reactions: C.C. 95
Do we have any discount codes for this tomorrow? Or are we all still rockin' ZVC5? (If that is even a a working code anymore).
OP should mention the 2000 print run.
image.jpg :LOL:
(Too obscure a joke?!!!:rofl:)

Last edited: