Reflecting Skin (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: 30th of November, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi Exclusive Ultra Limited Steelbook (Live Sat 12pm BST)
Price: £14.99

Note: Limited to 2000 copies

rs1.jpg

Product page:

·First ever official release on Blu-ray anywhere in the world+

·Newly restored in a high-definition transfer from original elements

·All-new retrospective documentary covering the making of the film, including new and exclusive interviews with Philip Ridley and Viggo Mortensen Philip Ridley's short films Visiting Mr Beak (1987) and The Universe Of Dermot Finn (1988)

·Available on home video for the first time

rs2.jpg
rs3.jpg

Trailer:

Last edited:
One of those things where I look forward to seeing the film having read about it & judging from the Dead Man steelbook, Soda Pictures' steelbooks are lovely, but I imagine this won't sell out & I'm sick of paying £15-18 for Zavvi steelbooks to see 5 months later they're £6.99

I got delivery yesterday
It's a gloss finish

It's a very nice looking steelbook
The top area of the steelbook as in the Sky and house changes when held at different angles hard to describe it looks to have a reflecting effect of the sky onto the house best seen in the flesh to see what I mean

I will take photos today when it gets brighter if if the clouds clear it is not the best conditions for taking photos with the crap weather today
This steelbook need decent daylight to take good photos

The Extras are brilliant on the Blu-ray
The extras alone make this release worth the purchase

Last edited:
I only so far watched some of the extras and the picture quality is wow so I assume the film itself will also be same

Interesting about the PQ. The Blu-ray site gave the PQ a 3/5: "Unfortunately, there are traces of moderate to strong filtering throughout the entire film. From what I can tell, it appears that the filter was preset and left to do its work without any further adjustments."