Region Free Blu-ray Players (World Wide List)

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Post models/tips here for multi-region players.

Models for Purchase in the US

OPPO BDP-103-Link -requires kit to make region free.

SONY BDP-S1100 Link

Models for Purchase in the UK

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I am trying to compile a list of region free players that are still available now, in the OP of this thread, so we can help members refer to a list. Please feel free to chime in with further suggestions, and whether the player you are referencing requires a remote trick, or comes region free out of the box. Thanks!

DB the Oppo in the OP says BDP-83 and it should read BDP-103. That's where the link takes you. :)

Also it will require a Region Free Dongle which can be purchased on eBay if you search for it.

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a region-free player available in Aus. There are whispers around the web about certain Sony models but the details are sketchy, with some people saying it doesn't work, where others say it does. I want to stay away from the Laser branded ones if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Got this today :LOL: Take that region coding!

20130820_215245_zps325c8fc5.jpg

(note to self... do some dusting tomorrow)

Reactions: GVZER
i just got myself a TOSHIBA BDX1100 KE, one of the few BD players that can be made region free with a simple trick and without any hardware mod kit.

all i had to do is to download the australian firmware of the BDX1105

https://rapidshare.com/files/225323827/BDX1105-RF.ISO

, burn it on a cd, put the cd into the player, and install the other firmware version which is quite simple and done in 30 seconds.

now a can easily switch region codes of both BD's and DVD's by pressing 8-5-2-0 on my remote control when in setup menu, then just typing 1 for A, 2 for B,... and 0 for region free DVD's.

the best of this whole thing is, i got this for just 30 euros!!:LOL:.
i was thinking of buying an oppo103, but this just does it for me now as my 2nd player for region A/1 discs besides my ps3.

oh happy day! just screening a criterion disc onto my wall for the very first time in my life. :oohyeah:

61TxkP1rO-L._SL1500_.jpg

edit: this firmware hacking trick also works with the following TOSHIBA players:

Toshiba BDX1100/1105
Toshiba BDX1200
Toshiba BDX2100
Toshiba BDX3100
Toshiba BDX3200
(confirmed @ avforums)

Last edited:
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a region-free player available in Aus. There are whispers around the web about certain Sony models but the details are sketchy, with some people saying it doesn't work, where others say it does. I want to stay away from the Laser branded ones if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

No one?

Hey WRECK, on the Sony model, is there a specific seller I should buy it from or do ALL models on amazon work for region free? Also, is Sony's BDP-S5100 region free as well?

Does this player require anything more (a dongle, special download, etc.) to play all region Blu-ray's & DVD's or no?

You have to type in a code from the settings menu to access the region code settings. You can set DVD code to 0 so it will automatically play any DVD but the Blu-ray region has to be changed specifically to A, B, or C. It doesn't have to be changed every time though, I just leave mine set to region B.

Reactions: mlmaier84
I have a computer with a blu ray player connected via hdmi to my tv is there any way I can make it region free without resorting to an illegal method such as AnyDVD HD?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a computer with a blu ray player connected via hdmi to my tv is there any way I can make it region free without resorting to an illegal method such as AnyDVD HD?

Why would it be illegal. You can legally make backup copies of Blu-rays and DVD's so long as you already own them, it's called archiving. Your not even doing that, you just watching a movie that was pressed for a different region. You own the Blu-ray, why shouldn't you not be allowed to watch it. AnyDVD HD makes that possible. Now making copies of movies that you don't own, that's pirating, that's bad business there. :p

Why would it be illegal. You can legally make backup copies of Blu-rays and DVD's so long as you already own them, it's called archiving. Your not even doing that, you just watching a movie that was pressed for a different region. You own the Blu-ray, why shouldn't you not be allowed to watch it. AnyDVD HD makes that possible. Now making copies of movies that you don't own, that's pirating, that's bad business there. :p

Mmm I see you are obviously better informed than I am so anydvd hd do you recommend it?does it work? does someone u now use it? Cuz a lifetime of updates is like 120€ which isn't bad considering that I have the bluray player integrated in the PC and even upgrading is not that costly!

I have a Panasonic BDT500 that I just purchased. PQ is gorgeous and I am considering getting the enhanced firmware disc to make it all region. Still considering alternative players...we shall see...

::: Staff/Community Manager :::

Mmm I see you are obviously better informed than I am so anydvd hd do you recommend it?does it work? does someone u now use it? Cuz a lifetime of updates is like 120€ which isn't bad considering that I have the bluray player integrated in the PC and even upgrading is not that costly!

Yes I use it because I archive my movies and then put the originals away for safe keeping. Plus I stream my movies from a server to XBMC. It's not breaking any laws since I already paid for the Blu-ray movie. Here's a government site that states you can do it legally. LINK