Region Free Blu-ray Players (World Wide List)

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Post models/tips here for multi-region players.

Models for Purchase in the US

OPPO BDP-103-Link -requires kit to make region free.

SONY BDP-S1100 Link

Models for Purchase in the UK

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any region free bluray player out there that has the built in technology from the manufacturer to be multi-region and doesn't require a mod or kit??

There's also an Insignia player that's region free out of the box and just requires the use of the remote code, it was available at Walmarts and the like. I still have mine (replaced it with an Oppo 103D for use though) I'll check what the model was.

There used to be a good amount but am I missing something? Didn't there used to be a decent list in the threads? I still need to go region free and it's sad that I've been in the game this long and still no player. I need something on the inexpensive side. I've asked before but either it's an old model or they don't make them anymore. Any suggestions guys? And I live in the US BTW, thanks

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0089KJPM2/?tag=hidefnin-20

DVD Regions are set to Automatic and will play any region out of the box with no changes needed.

Blu-ray Zone selection can be activated by using the Remote Control. Please follow the instructions below:

1. Switch on the blu-ray player without any disc inside
2. Press Home button on the remote control to go to the Setup Menu
3. Press 8, 5, 2, 0 On the Remote Control if doesnt work use 0,7,1,4
4. The DVD page will already be at '0' for region free. Down arrow on the remote to drop to the BD Region.
5. Highlight BD Region code to specify your Blu-ray region:
a. Zone A: Press 1 on the remote control
b. Zone B: Press 2 on the remote control
c. Zone C: Press 3 on the remote control
6. Press Home button to exit out.

Last edited:
Reactions: digitalbabe
Yeah I've bEen researching Region-Free bluray players in the UK and as you say, not many about. I did find a website you can buy modded ones off of though so I might look into that once I'm back in the UK next month.

Can someone help me out with a information. I want to buy a Blu-ray Player I can "firmware update" to region free.

I've read about the Toshibas so I found these available:

Toshiba BDX1100KE - around 30 EUR
Toshiba BDX1200 - around 55 EUR

Can someone recommend me one of these more?

Last edited:
Reactions: severo and luke98
Can someone help me out with a information. I want to buy a Blu-ray Player I can "firmware update" to region free.

I've read about the Toshibas so I found these available:

Toshiba BDX1100KE - around 30 EUR
Toshiba BDX1200 - around 55 EUR

Can someone recommend me one of these more?

i just found your post. i own the BDX1100KE which i bought used for also only 30€ and it was the best purchase as a movie collector i did in the recent few years.
i don't know exactly if the 1200 is better, i think it's just a newer model but it wont change anything on their ability to change region codes after feedng the player with the australian firmware. :)

so if you can find a toshiba player for a good price that can be hacked with the firmwire (there are lists of models that can do that available if you search via google) go for it!
you won't get a region free player cheaper anywhere else. ;)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: dan8885
i just found your post. i own the BDX1100KE which i bought used for also only 30€ and it was the best purchase as a movie collector i did in the recent few years.
i don't know exactly if the 1200 is better, i think it's just a newer model but it wont change anything on their ability to change region codes after feedng the player with the australian firmware. :)

so if you can find a toshiba player for a good price that can be hacked with the firmwire (there are lists of models that can do that available if you search via google) go for it!
you won't get a region free player cheaper anywhere else. ;)

Thank you so much. I didn't get an answer in all german forums I asked. Theres 3 BDX1100KE on eBay Kleinanzeigen. One for 30, 60 and 80 EUR. I will ask and buy one :woot:

I was wondering if there's any Multi-Region Blu-Ray players available to purchase in Australia. I purchased the Toshiba BDX3200KY at JB Hi-Fi in 2012, but I understand they no longer sell Multi-Region players anymore. I went in-store yesterday to purchase another player, but they told me that all of their Blu-Ray players are now locked to Region 4/B. I've stopped purchasing Blu-Rays from Australia and opted to purchase Blu-Rays from the USA. So, I was wondering if anyone could recommend the best Multi-Region Blu-Ray player that is available on the market. I would genuinely appreciate it if anyone could recommend the best one for me. Thanks!

This is on my mind as well. I have noticed that the region coding situation isn't quite as hardline as it was in the DVD days. A lot of the releases that I've been looking at appear to be region free. What do people think? Is it worth getting an all-region player these days?