Reservoir Dogs (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Nova Exclusive #17) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: March 23, 2018 (Pre-order Feb 23, 2018 at 10 PM Korea Time, UTC+9)
Purchase link: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular - 1/4 Slip - One Click
Prices: $35.99 (Full Slip A & B) - $36.99 (Lenticular) - $32.99 (1/4 Slip) - $129.99 (One Click)
Notes: 700 copies (Full Slip A & B & Lenti) - 400 copies (1/4 Slip) - 500 copies (One Click)
One Click gift: Original production notes 52p and original poster.

A.jpg B.jpg LENTI.jpg Q.jpg 1.jpg
21125739_1039958482774590_3438561149648474145_o.jpg
21199690_1037912676312504_9071263193043043219_o.jpg
21083040_10213029637509470_7846853052262769595_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I do like this....but as people have already said, the inside is a really bad spoiler and the back (although I do like the idea) has Mr Gold and Mr Grey. Not ideal but I am willing to live with it.

In fact, the more I think about it the more I really dislike that interior. I hadn't watched the movie in a few years and so when I watched it recently, I had completely forgotten that those two characters on the left get shot. So I really don't want to be reminded of it every time I take the movie out to watch.

Thanks @Noodles . I like the front of the steelbook, the back does not look so good. It could have being better. Also the inside, if someone has not seen the movie, its a big spoiler imo.

They should use this artwork for their lenti
reservoir-dogs-poster-artwork-harvey-keitel-steve-buscemi-tim-roth.png
Good point about the interior image... I hadn't even considered that! But yes, a very bad/spoilery choice.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
The front picture isn't accurate, since Nice Guy Eddie doesn't wear a black suit in the opening scene (nor later in the movie). (I know this photoshopped picture has alredy been used for posters etc.)
I agree that some blood on the upper half would look cool.
The back is a letdown: not detailed enough and with incorrect tie colors.
About the interior: not my first choice.

Let's see what the slips will look like. Hopefully Novamedia will consider some of our proposals ...

Reservoir-Dogs.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: jailbird_joey
@Flloydo @Sigill @harry @rj531 What are your thoughts on the steel artwork?
It looks ok but I'm not blown away. The title on the front is too big and it could have done with some blood spatter or something. I'm not really a fan of the back, mainly because it's so rough. A bit more detail on the faces would help. Hopefully it will look better in hand though!

Second best RD steelbook out there (imo) and the first RD steelbook in this colourway (ignoring the UK steel which looked kind of white in the mock-up but wasn't in reality . . . and ignoring the NL futurepak for obvious reasons):-
74361_large.jpg
upload_2017-8-28_16-41-47.png

Should look the biz in glossy white with the large red and black embossed title.
Obvious design choice to not have the red splatter behind the title as half the title is red . . . with an all black title the splatter would make perfect sense like here below on this original posters - with similar sized title - and on the soundtrack LP:-
upload_2017-8-28_16-25-15.png
893_foto2_product_groot__24827.1493457212.jpg

As for the back, merely a more interesting updated take on another of the original posters . . . original artwork already used on a few previous releases:-
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Amaray (France) ------------------------------ Amaray & futurepak (Italy) ----------------------------------- futurepak (Netherlands)
upload_2017-8-28_16-28-25.png
upload_2017-8-28_16-31-5.png
8597_large.jpg
144800_large.jpg
57084_large.jpg
upload_2017-8-28_16-43-46.png

Last edited:
If you're buying this for the right reasons, then you should probably have already seen the film. I mean who hasn't? :rolleyes:
True, but you still don't want to be shown how the film ends every time you open the case. Like I said, if it's been a while between viewings and you've not seen it that often, it's nice to be semi-surprised.

Reactions: lgans316
Not impressed with the front either. :yuck:

Would much prefer the original poster art with blood spatter like many in here, it would have looked awesome embossed but nova probably changed the font to make embossing easier.

The back just doesn't look right to me either I think it would look better framed like the front and as they've gone with minimalist/silhouette type artwork on the back why not do the same on the front instead of using what look like cardboard cutouts to me.

Maybe something like this.

reservoir_dogs.jpg

Not impressed with the front either. :yuck:

Would much prefer the original poster art with blood spatter like many in here, it would have looked awesome embossed but nova probably changed the font to make embossing easier.

The back just doesn't look right to me either I think it would look better framed like the front and as they've gone with minimalist/silhouette type artwork on the back why not do the same on the front instead of using what look like cardboard cutouts to me.

Maybe something like this.

View attachment 330526
That does look much better... surprising how much a bit of resizing can make a difference. If the reason for the large title is due to making it easier to emboss, then I'd rather they didn't emboss it and stick to the original artwork with blood splatter -- I'd take better artwork over 'bossing any day of the week!

I know I posted my premium edition concept on one of the previous pages, but here's a closer look at the actual steelbook from it...

#71 Reservoir Dogs (SC).png

@Noodles ' Concept >>> Nova

I like the blood splatter effect on title..better font too. I do think the art work may be final tho.
Thanks! :)

Yeah, I can see them sticking with their design unfortunately... there were quite a few complaints about the back art on their Kill Bill steels, yet they clearly ignored feedback and went ahead with them anyway. (n)