Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Italy]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: June 14, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon IT
Price: €21.99

81x5iP4FZZL__SL1200_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like all countries will be getting matching artwork :thumbs: First Japan, now Italy...

Possibly not.

Accepting that this is just a mock-up, while the image is the same, its placement is different to the Japanese version. It also has Italian text at the top (which obviously Japan's doesn't), the title is small and at the bottom rather then large and in the middle at an angle and the spine has block text rather than the RE font used on the Japanese one.

It seems odd that Italy just got a matching set of the first 5, yet this one doesn't match them. As I said on the Japanese thread, I hope that neither of these designs ends up in the UK. The mock-up on Amazon for the UK version is just too good to change IMO. We've never had a matching set anyway, so Sony should keep the design on Amazon and make it great in it's own right, rather than changing things completely by using either of these designs.

We've has HMV's black-spined versions of 4 & 5, Zavvi's brown version of 2 and PopArt versions of 2, 3, 4 & 5. We'll never get a PopArt version of 1 due to right's issues or indeed a matching set unless Pathe do one for the first RE movie in the same style with Sony's logo swapped for their own which I imagine is unlikely or impossible.

Looks like all countries will be getting matching artwork :thumbs: First Japan, now Italy...

Possibly not.

Accepting that this is just a mock-up, while the image is the same, its placement is different to the Japanese version. It also has Italian text at the top (which obviously Japan's doesn't), the title is small and at the bottom rather then large and in the middle at an angle and the spine has block text rather than the RE font used on the Japanese one.

It seems odd that Italy just got a matching set of the first 5, yet this one doesn't match them. As I said on the Japanese thread, I hope that neither of these designs ends up in the UK. The mock-up on Amazon for the UK version is just too good to change IMO. We've never had a matching set anyway, so Sony should keep the design on Amazon and make it great in it's own right, rather than changing things completely by using either of these designs.

We've has HMV's black-spined versions of 4 & 5, Zavvi's brown version of 2 and PopArt versions of 2, 3, 4 & 5. We'll never get a PopArt version of 1 due to right's issues or indeed a matching set unless Pathe do one for the first RE movie in the same style with Sony's logo swapped for their own which I imagine is unlikely or impossible.

I have a feeling that only Germany and France will get exclusive artwork. In France the Res films are distributed by Metropolitan and in Germany they are distributed by Constantin. All other main steelbook territories are Sony and will probably mirror the HMV artwork. This was the case with the first release of Res 5.

Res 5 Steels.jpg

I'm waiting on the French announcement of Res 6 artwork because my fav of the Res 5 steels was the french one. I hope that the artwork for Res 6 will be as awesome.

Artwork is such a fickle thing with these ResEvil movies, with so many different places getting different styles.

Honestly, I think the Japan/Italy releases are well executed and I for one really like the Pop Art releases. I need to get the first Pop Art from America, but I would hope this film gets a matching release. This mock up however, despite not matching the other Italy releases perfectly looks very nice. (Or maybe I'm a sucker for Milla Jovovich staring at me like a badass.)

I honestly would have bought the PopArt versions of 1, 2 & 3 if only they'd had the proper RE font on the spines.

I have Zavvi's version of 2, so would have simply taken the front and back plates off of it and put them on the PopArt's clear box and spine thus making a better looking steel that also better matched HMV's 4 & 5. I'd simply just have dealt with the cartoony fronts on 1 and 3.

I guess I'll just get the Target versions for 1, 2 and 3 (I'll still swap the plates for 2 I think), then hope that 6 looks like the image on Amazon and Zavvi.

@tenderheartbear @jitstark Well, i guess we'll have to wait and see. But it won't matter to me anymore since i just preordered a Japanese boxset with all 6 films. :D:rofl:

The only steelbook (as of now) that i'd even consider getting is the one Apollon mentioned above. :)

Looks good. I love that the inside of the box is the Laser Grid corridor. I'm intrigued to see what's in the book too. It looks pretty thick.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
@tenderheartbear @jitstark Well, i guess we'll have to wait and see. But it won't matter to me anymore since i just preordered a Japanese boxset with all 6 films. :D:rofl:

The only steelbook (as of now) that i'd even consider getting is the one Apollon mentioned above. :)

That boxset does look really sweet. Want it but I can't justify more extra Resident Evil films haha

Updated Front/Rear art in the Japanese thread, chances (*chances* based on Italy using the Japan art for the recent re-releases hence why not posting them here as well :D) are good this is what the Italian edition will look like...(If not I'm having one of each...)
Final Chapter Japan Release Thread

Is there no 3D version of this?
Doesn't look like it so far - haven't found any steels that list as more than 1 disc, 3D looks like being limited to separate amaray release (with single and 2 disc editions being listed for those).
Still, no German steel release announced yet so you never know - in fact no home release of the film at all yet :dunno:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Doesn't look like it so far - haven't found any steels that list as more than 1 disc, 3D looks like being limited to separate amaray release (with single and 2 disc editions being listed for those).
Still, no German steel release announced yet so you never know - in fact no home release of the film at all yet :dunno:

of course there is a German steel..

Thanks for that.

I'll hold off for now so. See what else becomes available. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: EvilThing