Road to Perdition (Blu-ray FuturePak) [Germany]

Feb 28, 2018
Norway
Release date: May 25, 2018
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €24.54
A65_E0_F60-887_B-4_AB2-909_C-3_FA14_EED6664.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, didn’t realize there was a difference :wow: What exactly is a FuturePak as opposed to regular Steelbook?

True, I got it confused with a MetalPak at first.
I believe Futurepak and Metalpak are the same... they just changed the name for some reason.

But the main difference between Futurepaks/Metalpaks and Steelbooks are the spines...

spinedifferencs.jpg

Also, once opened, the spine is hidden on Futurepaks/Metalpaks, whereas it's visible on Steelbooks...

Steelbook-vs.-Futurepak.jpg

You can find some more helpful comparisons here: http://www.bluraysteelbooks.com/steelbook-resources

One cool thing about Futurepaks is that they can add embossing without the use of a border, unlike Steelbooks. Plus Futurepaks feel sturdier/better made IMO.

All that being said... I still prefer Steelbooks. :LOL::wacky:

I believe Futurepak and Metalpak are the same... they just changed the name for some reason.

But the main difference between Futurepaks/Metalpaks and Steelbooks are the spines...

View attachment 364948

Also, once opened, the spine is hidden on Futurepaks/Metalpaks, whereas it's visible on Steelbooks...

View attachment 364950

You can find some more helpful comparisons here: http://www.bluraysteelbooks.com/steelbook-resources

One cool thing about Futurepaks is that they can add embossing without the use of a border, unlike Steelbooks. Plus Futurepaks feel sturdier/better made IMO.

All that being said... I still prefer Steelbooks. :LOL::wacky:
Older metalpak was very flimsy and very easily damaged.
New futurpak has very robust construction and more sturdy than even steelbooks and are usually super glossy

Reactions: Noodles
Older metalpak was very flimsy and very easily damaged.
New futurpak has very robust construction and more sturdy than even steelbooks and are usually super glossy
In that case, I guess the rebranding makes sense then. I only have a handful of them, and they're all the newer "Futurepaks" I think.

Hey, whatever happened to the NeoPacks?!
I have Batman and Interstellar neopacks, and then....?View attachment 364993
Probably got scrapped since they weren't selling well enough, which was bound to happen since they were just releasing them for films that already had multiple editions on the market. I had Steels for Batman and Interstellar, as I'm sure many others do, so it's unlikely most will want to double-dip, especially on a new concept like Neocases. They should've done them for new/upcoming movies first IMO, so people had a choice over which edition they wanted to go for right off the bat (I honestly would've chosen the Interstellar Neo over the Steel had they been released at the same time), then once people have built a collection of them, release the older titles, as folks will most likely be into wanting to collect them all by then. I only have Green Mile and Gravity, and that's only because I didn't already own those films on Blu... they're really nice looking editions too, so it's a shame they were handled badly and appear to have died a quick death.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Probably got scrapped since they weren't selling well enough, which was bound to happen since they were just releasing them for films that already had multiple editions on the market. I had Steels for Batman and Interstellar, as I'm sure many others do, so it's unlikely most will want to double-dip, especially on a new concept like Neocases. They should've done them for new/upcoming movies first IMO, so people had a choice over which edition they wanted to go for right off the bat (I honestly would've chosen the Interstellar Neo over the Steel had they been released at the same time), then once people have built a collection of them, release the older titles, as folks will most likely be into wanting to collect them all by then. I only have Green Mile and Gravity, and that's only because I didn't already own those films on Blu... they're really nice looking editions too, so it's a shame they were handled badly and appear to have died a quick death.
They were really susceptible to scatches too.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
In that case, I guess the rebranding makes sense then. I only have a handful of them, and they're all the newer "Futurepaks" I think.
they also changed the inside tray , cause the spine on that pic from BSB comparison you can see the plastic on the hinge a lot. The new tray its cleaner and more flush thus has a better appearance then previously on the metalpaks.

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95 and Noodles