Apr 21, 2012
GER
Release date: May 4, 2017
Purchase links: Amazon DE - MediaMarkt
Price: €29.99
Note: Title is on the front and on the spine

91PPgNtDKtL._SL600_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
But there is a chance that they changed their plan (see Hong Kong)

Yeah I found the threads for those Euro ones after I wrote the post and amended it. HK is a different story though, They sometimes use UK versions of the steels which is why it might have the title and spine. Doctor Strange didn't though. Looks like we'll just have to sit tight for the a month to find out.

• Thanks
Reactions: eLviS1987
It actually looks like there won't be a title on the spine, the artwork has been updated on amazon and it's the same as the Spanish version unfortunately

I contacted Amazon, and basically they don't know as the supplier never gave them specific info. But they did say if it arrives and it doesn't have the text on the spine it can be returned for a full refund. So I guess just keep an eye on the site to see if it changes at any point in the future

I will keep my order and see what happens closer to the release date. It does come out on star wars day...maybe the force will be with this one...

• Thanks
Reactions: steelbookz4eva
I don't care about the title on the spine nor do I on the front. The BB and maybe also Zavvi version are poop. Bad debossing on "A" and "Story". Would've been enough to deboss Rogue One and Star Wars. Nothing more.

Doesn't matter what German collectors deserve. Disney doesn't care. Do you remember what happened to Doctor Strange?

You could not compare Rogue One with Doctor Strange, because the German Doctor Strange Steelbook have an nice embossing, its worldwide identical. Further the Doctor Strange Steelbook have worldwide no title on the front and spine.

Yes, the logic is not strong with this release now with the German release joining the U.K. and other territories . . . with France stuck with the picture spine and no front title.
The Americas, U.K., Germany .................. France
upload_2017-4-20_18-14-33.png
vs.
upload_2017-4-20_18-15-36.png
upload_2017-4-20_18-19-0.png