Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #41) [China]

harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: Late December, 2017
Group Buy: One Click - One Click (deposit) - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Full Slip
Group Buy Prices:
One Click - $205, DL - $70.99, SL - $67.99, FS - $64.99
Note: Glossy and embossed finish on the steelbook
Double lenticular
-3D+2D+bonus BD
-44 page booklet
-Exclusive Storm Trooper collector's card
Single lenticular
-3D+2D
-triple lenticular effects
-8 art cards
-Exclusive Death Trooper collector's card
Full slip
-3D+2D
-embossed
-4 IMAX poster cards
-Exclusive K-2SO collector's card
One Click

-all three editions plus fold out poster

RogueOneBlufansDoublelenti.jpgBlufansRogueOneSinglelenti.jpgRogueOneFullSlip.jpgBlufansRogueOneOneClick.jpg

Old info with live pictures of steelbook -
Thank you to member @pbtour4il for these live shots
dsc_1643-jpg.329268

dsc_1647-jpg.329280

dsc_1644-jpg.329269
dsc_1649-jpg.329283

IMG_3819.JPG
135831z5s98i3s8sh5iz5g.jpg
rogue-one-jpg.304288

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kev had opened mini- GB for TFA leftovers on Friday. I am sure the limit of 1 copy per edition will be relaxed going by the rate at which this is selling. This is why I hate higher print runs.

the reason for the mini gb for tfa was leftovers at blufans for damage and after abit they let kev have them to sell.

personally dont see what the issue is, regards any of them better print runs equals everyone that wants one gets them. of course if your unhappy you could always wait some months down the line and buy on the secondary market.
then come back and tell us how you bought it £10 quid cheaper 4 months later. personally i just rather pony up knowing that i have it and any issues what so ever are dealt with by the gb host also while there are still spares about ;)

@cooey your post quality
and thanks once again for your efforts:thumbs:

basil :thumbs:

I have been reading the last few messages and I find some of them quite disturbing. I have helped so many members here with getting things at cost price and making me look like a low life scalper doesn't help. Talking like a saint is one thing but acting like one is difficult. It is sad that people including GB hosts who resell on eBay openly have the audacity to critic me. Look at what you are doing and then comment on others do. My comment was about me hating higher print run was not about me or others reselling and profiting from eBay.

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
I have been reading the last few messages and I find some of them quite disturbing. I have helped so many members here with getting things at cost price and making me look like a low life scalper doesn't help. Talking like a saint is one thing but acting like one is difficult. It is sad that people including GB hosts who resell on eBay openly have the audacity to critic me. Look at what you are doing and then comment on others do. My comment was about me hating higher print run was not about me or others reselling and profiting from eBay.

I understand your opinion. As a collector of many differnt items I sometimes have to sell something to be able to afford some new things. Then I prefer that the collectible item does not decrease too much in value or, even better increases its value. And that has nothing to do with scalping... As we can easily see shifting a 4000 print run is difficult, even for a popular movie. Thus I understand the companies policy to produce and sell less.

I went for the double lenti of Rogue one, picked up the double lenti for Force awakens in the "mini gb" too as passed on that previously which I regretted when in hand pics landed

The only thing a print run affects is supply/demand and therefore the profit on a re-sell. So for someone to hate high print-runs, the obvious conclusion people make is that this person wants to sell for a profit and is upset that anyone that wants a copy can get one, therefore lowering the price one can re-sell for. Can you really not understand why people would assume you're upset for this reason?

You seem massively hung up about after market prices, of which ebay prices can be extremely volitile. If every release was a low print run then it would encourage the people that buy multiple copies to sell at inflated prices, to do it even more, which could do more harm than good to this hobby.

Maybe if you feel the print run is too high then maybe it's best not to buy It? Not every release will be worth double its original price, I'm pretty sure that goes for anything that is classed as a collectable.

The only thing a print run affects is supply/demand and therefore the profit on a re-sell. So for someone to hate high print-runs, the obvious conclusion people make is that this person wants to sell for a profit and is upset that anyone that wants a copy can get one, therefore lowering the price one can re-sell for. Can you really not understand why people would assume you're upset for this reason?

Not so. There's a certain thrill in getting something that is very very limited. It's why some of us would wake up at 3am to order Korean steelbooks which only had a 100-500 print run back before there was Kimchi and Nova and hate the fact they sold out in a minute.

It happens with everything; Vinyl Records, Mondo posters even books and comics. Everyone collects for different reasons. Some people resell some don't. Rarity still holds sway with many collectors that's why there isn't unlimited print runs and re-prints are frowned upon in the main. It you wanted a copy of a film we'd just buy the amaray and be done with it.

Some people cherish their Kimchi Thor 2 Lenti which was limited to 700. There's still a market for the FS Iron Man and the CA2 Lenti. People go out of their way to hunt them down. for everyone else, there is other releases of the same movie. Somehting for everyone.

I'm not having a pop at you (even though I have quoted you) I get what you are saying and it can appear that way but I don't feel its as black and white as that.

I don't think the price tag has anything to do with this not selling out quickly, the price is pretty much in the ball park of alot of recent blufans releases anyway.

I suspect it's simply because maybe this film isn't as loved as it's made out to be.

• Thanks
Reactions: burtbird and yy0925
I don't think the price tag has anything to do with this not selling out quickly, the price is pretty much in the ball park of alot of recent blufans releases anyway.

I suspect it's simply because maybe this film isn't as loved as it's made out to be.

or christmas is round the corner and people have spent money on buying presents and are a bit broke.
btw just to cheer everyone up 5 weeks to christmas :D:D:D
or for those counting days its 41 :hilarious:

basil :thumbs:

I’d say it is due to being so late compared to the release from other retailers. I’m all for huge print runs so everyone can get a copy.

It’ll sell out over time for sure.

Don't recall Force Awakens having this issue last year? Didn't they sell like hot cakes?
No, it took at least a few days to sell out. Similar situation--WWA steelbook and one (quite popular) premium edition had already been out for a while. Also, BF had released a double-lenti WWA just before the WEA group buy, which a lot of people liked. And all of the BF TFA editions had a generous print run.

In this case, BF is releasing their WWA Rogue One after another premium WWA and their own WEA edition. Given the general lack of interest in the WWA steel, this had better be a pretty impressive slip. :)

If a print run is limited and it's something I want encourages me to purchase it right away but lately with the like of reprint runs from Zavvi
I don't buy no where as many as I used to, as a collector not a seller anything that becomes sought after they re release it with better artwork and the first release you spent your hard earned money on suddenly becomes inferior, it's just deflating for collectors, I usually just wait for blufans or other premium releases now, at leased you know your getting a good artwork from the start regardless of the print run.
'

Last edited: