Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #41) [China]

harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: Late December, 2017
Group Buy: One Click - One Click (deposit) - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Full Slip
Group Buy Prices:
One Click - $205, DL - $70.99, SL - $67.99, FS - $64.99
Note: Glossy and embossed finish on the steelbook
Double lenticular
-3D+2D+bonus BD
-44 page booklet
-Exclusive Storm Trooper collector's card
Single lenticular
-3D+2D
-triple lenticular effects
-8 art cards
-Exclusive Death Trooper collector's card
Full slip
-3D+2D
-embossed
-4 IMAX poster cards
-Exclusive K-2SO collector's card
One Click

-all three editions plus fold out poster

RogueOneBlufansDoublelenti.jpgBlufansRogueOneSinglelenti.jpgRogueOneFullSlip.jpgBlufansRogueOneOneClick.jpg

Old info with live pictures of steelbook -
Thank you to member @pbtour4il for these live shots
dsc_1643-jpg.329268

dsc_1647-jpg.329280

dsc_1644-jpg.329269
dsc_1649-jpg.329283

IMG_3819.JPG
135831z5s98i3s8sh5iz5g.jpg
rogue-one-jpg.304288

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shipping updates of today for GB members -

* Full slip and single lenti - starts shipping this week!
* Double lenti - starts shipping next week
* One click - starts shipping in two weeks

Back to topic. Is this schedule still current? (meaning that double lenti should start shipping this week, and single/full slip should already be shipped...)

Continuity is the linchpin for the whole Rogue One experience.

Honestly- there's a lot about Rogue One that really bothers me in terms of how it "fits" in to what was established.
I mean, don't get me wrong, the costumes and the nitpicking are the least of my concerns- no, I hate the film for it's pacing and character issues.
But like...

I really wouldn't call the Rogue One team "spies"- and the fact that they're constantly referred to as "Spies" in Star Wars '77 really throws me off, because spies normally use stealth or some form of finesse.
Leia denying the Tantive IV's part in the rebellion doesn't really make a lot of sense when placed in to the context of Vader LITERALLY watching them fly away from the battle.
James Earl Jone's Darth Vader voice sounds about 40 years older than it does in the mere minutes it takes between Rogue One and Star Wars '77.
And the giant battle of Scarif kind of takes away the idea of the small- under-equipped band of rebels that you see assault the Death Star.
Also seeing the vast array of characters that were either recast or (worse) had their faces recreated with CGI look so different from their appearance in the original Star Wars is also bothersome.

So you know..... I would rather like to see the fancy Darth Vader suit. xD

Darth Vader probably sounds 40 years older cause James Earl Jones is like 40 years older.

It was never going to 100% tie up perfectly, that is what happens when you try and retrofit a film into a franchise all these years later, your hands are tied by the Canon and movies that come before and to make the story "work" they probably had to make choices that wouldnt tie up in a perfect bow.

• Thanks
Reactions: ghost1
Darth Vader probably sounds 40 years older cause James Earl Jones is like 40 years older.

It was never going to 100% tie up perfectly, that is what happens when you try and retrofit a film into a franchise all these years later, your hands are tied by the Canon and movies that come before and to make the story "work" they probably had to make choices that wouldnt tie up in a perfect bow.
It don't matter how they make a movie because there is always going to be someone who is going to nitpick the crap out of it,
i never go into that much detail when watching a movie i just try to enjoy it for what it is, just a movie. people loved the original
Star Wars movie with the crap Darth suit so whats the problem in putting it in a new movie? i personally thought this is one of the best
Star Wars movies of the series.

It don't matter how they make a movie because there is always going to be someone who is going to nitpick the crap out of it, i never go into that much detail when watching a movie i just try to enjoy it for what it is, just a movie.

...fair. Likewise there will always be someone who devours every cinematic turd film-makers throw at the screen, and come back hungry for more ;)

Honestly- there's a lot about Rogue One that really bothers me in terms of how it "fits" in to what was established.
I mean, don't get me wrong, the costumes and the nitpicking are the least of my concerns- no, I hate the film for it's pacing and character issues.
But like...

I really wouldn't call the Rogue One team "spies"- and the fact that they're constantly referred to as "Spies" in Star Wars '77 really throws me off, because spies normally use stealth or some form of finesse.
Leia denying the Tantive IV's part in the rebellion doesn't really make a lot of sense when placed in to the context of Vader LITERALLY watching them fly away from the battle.
James Earl Jone's Darth Vader voice sounds about 40 years older than it does in the mere minutes it takes between Rogue One and Star Wars '77.
And the giant battle of Scarif kind of takes away the idea of the small- under-equipped band of rebels that you see assault the Death Star.
Also seeing the vast array of characters that were either recast or (worse) had their faces recreated with CGI look so different from their appearance in the original Star Wars is also bothersome.

So you know..... I would rather like to see the fancy Darth Vader suit. xD
I think the main thing that raises problems is the viewing order of the movies. Lucas wanted them to be watched as 1 to 3 then 4 to 6. That just doesn' work, as a lot of the little moments like Yoda's reveal in Episode 5 doesn' work anymore. Same with your comments....if you watch Rogue 1 then Episode 4 directly after It, it is very noticeable how different they are (the AT-AT walker reveal in ep5 is now spoiled). Even watching the prequels then classics you an tell it is two completely different sets of films, with just the storyline connecting them. For me personally, if you watch them in production order, a lot of these issues are glossed over as it is meant as a homage. You'e supposed to get all nostalgic over the little tributes rather than notice the differences.

I tried watching them in story order once and it was so noticeable that they are different movies. It' only going to get worse as more solo movies are made to fill in the gaps.

Last edited:
For me Rogue One feels like it's connected to the OT more than what the prequels are. I think they did a very good job in that respect.

I'm not sure how they can make James Earl Jones voice sound 40 years younger though, I'm just happy they got him to do it again.

Surely though for continuity's sake nothing is bad as Obi Wan telling Luke that Vader killed his father in ANH, or Luke kissing his sister in ESB.

If you've seen the films more than once then there is no reveal to be had anyway as you know whats coming, with everything.

You have 3 trilogies now plus spin offs. Who is to say what is the right order, 4-6 then 1-3 then 7-9? 1-9? 4-9? there is no right answer. The one thing that ruins the original trilogy is the ramped up special effects and set quality from the prequels... if you go from 3 to 4 then its a massive drop, then if you go from 6 to 7 its a massive boost, I know the films are old but watching them in sequential order like that really takes you out of it. Another thing is the light saber battles, epic scenes in the prequel to a laughable duel between Vader and Kenobi in a new hope. Also, if you consider everything a person must go through to be come a Jedi knight let alone a Jedi master then how can anyone ever say that Luke Skywalker is a jedi master...at all?

If you've seen the films more than once then there is no reveal to be had anyway as you know whats coming, with everything.

You have 3 trilogies now plus spin offs. Who is to say what is the right order, 4-6 then 1-3 then 7-9? 1-9? 4-9? there is no right answer. The one thing that ruins the original trilogy is the ramped up special effects and set quality from the prequels... if you go from 3 to 4 then its a massive drop, then if you go from 6 to 7 its a massive boost, I know the films are old but watching them in sequential order like that really takes you out of it. Another thing is the light saber battles, epic scenes in the prequel to a laughable duel between Vader and Kenobi in a new hope. Also, if you consider everything a person must go through to be come a Jedi knight let alone a Jedi master then how can anyone ever say that Luke Skywalker is a jedi master...at all?
While I agree with everything you said, I think you'e maybe mixing up reveals with surprises. The first sight of the AT-AT walkers in ep5 is no longer a surprise but it is still an epic reveal so when you see them for the first time watching the movies it is impressive.

The great cinematic reveal does get lost if you watch it in order but only for the 1st time, that is the only time you have to worry about it and after you have seen them all it is irrelevant.
I think Rogue One makes A New Hope a better movie and I don’t get hung up on the difference in the special effects over the years but ******** on characters and story with episode 7 onwards that is a different matter.

The great cinematic reveal does get lost if you watch it in order but only for the 1st time, that is the only time you have to worry about it and after you have seen them all it is irrelevant.
I think Rogue One makes A New Hope a better movie and I don’t get hung up on the difference in the special effects over the years but ******** on characters and story with episode 7 onwards that is a different matter.
Not entirely irrelevant. For some, we still get shivers down the spine when these epic reveal moments happen. I don't think it matters how many times you've seen it, the scene is meant to evoke a response.