Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #41) [China]

harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: Late December, 2017
Group Buy: One Click - One Click (deposit) - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Full Slip
Group Buy Prices:
One Click - $205, DL - $70.99, SL - $67.99, FS - $64.99
Note: Glossy and embossed finish on the steelbook
Double lenticular
-3D+2D+bonus BD
-44 page booklet
-Exclusive Storm Trooper collector's card
Single lenticular
-3D+2D
-triple lenticular effects
-8 art cards
-Exclusive Death Trooper collector's card
Full slip
-3D+2D
-embossed
-4 IMAX poster cards
-Exclusive K-2SO collector's card
One Click

-all three editions plus fold out poster

RogueOneBlufansDoublelenti.jpgBlufansRogueOneSinglelenti.jpgRogueOneFullSlip.jpgBlufansRogueOneOneClick.jpg

Old info with live pictures of steelbook -
Thank you to member @pbtour4il for these live shots
dsc_1643-jpg.329268

dsc_1647-jpg.329280

dsc_1644-jpg.329269
dsc_1649-jpg.329283

IMG_3819.JPG
135831z5s98i3s8sh5iz5g.jpg
rogue-one-jpg.304288

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry wrong! I was around for the original releases and for many years had the mags that covered the first film, where George talks about his overall vision. Lucas had already written the plot arc for pretty much the whole story for parts 4 to 6 before the first film was even in production. His problem was 1 costs and 2 virtually every studio said no. The only way he could get a deal was to drastically scale back part 4 to a streamlined story where the costs would be low "ish" and he could "hope" to achieve the effects he wanted. Ladd Jr at Fox liked the script and gave the greenlight. If the film flopped then its a fairly rounded film with an end, but it was always planned by Lucas to have at least a sequel to continue Skywalkers story if the film made any money.
Just watching the documentary about Dave Prowse on Netflix (I am your father) and in it Star Wars producer Gary Kurtz states that the first film was shot as a stand alone film. They never expected a second.

So when the film was a huge success, obviously Fox wanted more. To me that's an afterthought.....

• Thanks
Reactions: FN-2187
Just watching the documentary about Dave Prowse on Netflix (I am your father) and in it Star Wars producer Gary Kurtz states that the first film was shot as a stand alone film. They never expected a second.

So when the film was a huge success, obviously Fox wanted more. To me that's an afterthought.....

They didn't think they were getting a second one, but Lucas's original vision was for more and had written more. There are many plot points unresoved in it, leaving room for more films, same as there were for John Wick, The Matrix etc. Creators hope for more but sometimes that does happen. George was lucky it was a huge success and got the chance to continue. The relevance of what a director thinks before a film comes out or during promotion for a first film is of absolute importance to me

I think when most people have an idea for a film they think of sequels just incase

Don’t want to end up doing an I am Legend where you close the film off, it’s a huge success and you can’t come up with a good idea anymore.

I think when most people have an idea for a film they think of sequels just incase

Don’t want to end up doing an I am Legend where you close the film off, it’s a huge success and you can’t come up with a good idea anymore.

They do now, yes.

But you must remember in '77 when Star Wars came out it revolutionised Cinema, merchandising, sequels, plot twists etc..... afterwards with Empire and Jedi.

Nobody had even really thought about doing that before. I'm struggling to even think of another 'trilogy' in world cinema before Star Wars came along. I dunno, maybe The Godfather was around the same time?

I Am Legend was based on a novel. Again, where the author did not plan on expanding on a sequel.......

They do now, yes.

But you must remember in '77 when Star Wars came out it revolutionised Cinema, merchandising, sequels, plot twists etc..... afterwards with Empire and Jedi.

Nobody had even really thought about doing that before. I'm struggling to even think of another 'trilogy' in world cinema before Star Wars came along. I dunno, maybe The Godfather was around the same time?

I Am Legend was based on a novel. Again, where the author did not plan on expanding on a sequel.......
There are a quite a films that had a trilogy of films made before Star Wars
The main one was Planet of the Apes series
It was also the first film series to cash in on merchandising products on a big scale etc before Star Wars and it was a big success made a lot of money
Fox made a huge mistake letting Lucas have the merchandising rights and was surprising considering Fox already seen the amount of money that could be made with Planet of the Apes merchandising