Rogue One : A Star Wars Story - In theaters December 16, 2016

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Gareth Edwards

Cast: Felicity Jones, Mads Mikkelsen, Alan Tudyk, Donnie Yen, Ben Mendelsohn, Forest Whitaker

Plot: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, is the first film in the new series of standalone Star Wars movies from Lucasfilm. It tells the story of how a group of unlikely heroes unite to undertake a daring and seemingly impossible mission to steal the plans for the Death Star.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
qjiskwlV1qQzRCjpV0cL9pEMF9a.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

IMDB:

Original announcement:
In addition to the episodes of a new Star Wars trilogy, Lucasfilm and Disney have begun development on multiple stand-alone movies that will offer new stories beyond the core Saga. Gareth Edwards will direct the first stand-alone film, with a screenplay by Gary Whitta. The film is due out December 16, 2016.

Gareth Edwards blazed into the filmmaking forefront with his acclaimed work on Monsters, a film he wrote, directed and served on as cinematographer and visual effects artist. The skill and vision readily apparent in Monsters earned him the high-profile spot directing this year's smash hit Godzilla.

"Ever since I saw Star Wars I knew exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life - join the Rebel Alliance! I could not be more excited & honored to go on this mission with Lucasfilm, said Edwards.

Gary Whittas screenwriting credits include 2010s The Book of Eli starring Denzel Washington. He is also well known as a journalist and editor in the video game industry, as well as part of the BAFTA award-winning team on Telltale Games adaptation of The Walking Dead.

Whitta states, "From the moment I first saw the original movie as a wide-eyed kid, Star Wars has been the single most profound inspiration to my imagination and to my career as a writer. It is deeply special to me,so to be given the opportunity to contribute to its ongoing legacy, especially in collaboration with a film-maker as talented as Gareth,is literally a dream come true. I'm still pinching myself."
ROGUE1_LOGO_V3_FIN_08-06-15_0.jpg
rogue.jpg

Last edited:
Disney and Lucasfilm, along with movie ticket retailer Fandango, announced that the first round of advanced tickets would go on sale on Nov. 28. The tickets will go on sale at 12:01 AM ET, two-and-a-half weeks before the film opens in theaters.

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I was busy watching Westworld and didn't realize tickets were on sale!!!
The IMAX 7pm showing in my area is completely sold out!!! DANG. going to have to settle for AVX 7:30pm. oh well.

• Thanks

The Gareth Edwards interview portion of this installment of The Star Wars Show begins at the 3:40 mark, but if you don’t feel like watching any of it, here’s the two Rogue One easter eggs that he felt comfortable talking about:

"In Saw’s cave, there are some cave paintings. One of them is of the creatures that were in my first film, called Monsters, and then there’s some MUTOs and Godzilla. I didn’t ask for it, they just did it as a joke. I came in one day and spotted it in the middle of a take."
Awesome! :notworthy: :cool: :hungry: I'll be looking forward to seeing those easter eggs ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
7 Minutes of Christopher Nolan’s WWII Film ‘Dunkirk' to Screen Before Select ‘Rogue One’ 70mm IMAX Showings!
list of participating 70mm locations for Rogue One:

Alabama
IMAX, US Space & Rocket Center
IMAX Dome, McWane Center

California
AMC Universal CityWalk Stadium 19 & IMAX – Universal City
Esquire IMAX – Sacramento
Hackworth IMAX Dome, The Tech Museum

Florida
IMAX Dome, Museum of Science & Industry

Iowa
Blank IMAX Dome, Science Center Iowa

Indiana
IMAX, Indiana Stare Museum

Minnesota
IMAX Theatre, Minnesota Zoo

Missouri
OMNIMAX, St. Louis Science Center

Pennsylvania
Tuttleman IMAX, The Franklin Institute

Texas
Omni Theatre Fort Worth Museum of Science & History

Canada
Kramer IMAX, Saskatchewan Science Centre

This from Cnet

Wondering if "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" will be any good? Take heart in an endorsement from the man himself, Star Wars creator George Lucas.

Director Gareth Edwards told reporters over the weekend that Lucas only recently saw the completed film, and gave it the thumbs-up, CinemaBlend reports.

"I don't want to put words into his mouth, but I can honestly say that I can die happy now," Edwards said. "(Lucas) really liked the movie, so it meant a lot. No offense to anyone here, but it was the most important review to me. ... I will take that conversation to my grave. It was a real privilege. His opinion means the world to me."

You may think Lucas would naturally gush over everything with the Star Wars name on it, but remember, he sold Lucasfilm to Disney in 2012, so he's a bit more removed from the filmmaking process. And he was a bit more reticent when 2015's "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" came out, saying that "the fans are going to love it," but not giving it a personal rave, and noting that he would've taken a different approach.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
7 Minutes of Christopher Nolan’s WWII Film ‘Dunkirk' to Screen Before Select ‘Rogue One’ 70mm IMAX Showings!
list of participating 70mm locations for Rogue One:

Alabama
IMAX, US Space & Rocket Center
IMAX Dome, McWane Center

California
AMC Universal CityWalk Stadium 19 & IMAX – Universal City
Esquire IMAX – Sacramento
Hackworth IMAX Dome, The Tech Museum

Florida
IMAX Dome, Museum of Science & Industry

Iowa
Blank IMAX Dome, Science Center Iowa

Indiana
IMAX, Indiana Stare Museum

Minnesota
IMAX Theatre, Minnesota Zoo

Missouri
OMNIMAX, St. Louis Science Center

Pennsylvania
Tuttleman IMAX, The Franklin Institute

Texas
Omni Theatre Fort Worth Museum of Science & History

Canada
Kramer IMAX, Saskatchewan Science Centre

wish the uk could get some decent sized imax screens :rolleyes:

just hope when they do a steel for this don't do the same trick as last time

basil :thumbs:

has anyone heard when steels announced yet usually get week before normally if not on release at cinema day?

@paulboland @apsmith21

@bloodsnake007 that commercial was really touching :thumbs:
also loved chinese trailer
@zesty @Scary Hair @Flash @chunk look up

basil :thumbs:
I'm sure you will see next Thursday 15th or Friday 16th product merchandise announcements for Star Wars Rouge One and other Star Wars merchandise products
Rouge One Blu-ray release details might be announced same day but not 100% yet if it will be

Just matter of waiting to see what's announced next Thursday or Friday

Reactions: Basil