Rogue One : A Star Wars Story - In theaters December 16, 2016

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Gareth Edwards

Cast: Felicity Jones, Mads Mikkelsen, Alan Tudyk, Donnie Yen, Ben Mendelsohn, Forest Whitaker

Plot: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, is the first film in the new series of standalone Star Wars movies from Lucasfilm. It tells the story of how a group of unlikely heroes unite to undertake a daring and seemingly impossible mission to steal the plans for the Death Star.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
qjiskwlV1qQzRCjpV0cL9pEMF9a.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

IMDB:

Original announcement:
In addition to the episodes of a new Star Wars trilogy, Lucasfilm and Disney have begun development on multiple stand-alone movies that will offer new stories beyond the core Saga. Gareth Edwards will direct the first stand-alone film, with a screenplay by Gary Whitta. The film is due out December 16, 2016.

Gareth Edwards blazed into the filmmaking forefront with his acclaimed work on Monsters, a film he wrote, directed and served on as cinematographer and visual effects artist. The skill and vision readily apparent in Monsters earned him the high-profile spot directing this year's smash hit Godzilla.

"Ever since I saw Star Wars I knew exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life - join the Rebel Alliance! I could not be more excited & honored to go on this mission with Lucasfilm, said Edwards.

Gary Whittas screenwriting credits include 2010s The Book of Eli starring Denzel Washington. He is also well known as a journalist and editor in the video game industry, as well as part of the BAFTA award-winning team on Telltale Games adaptation of The Walking Dead.

Whitta states, "From the moment I first saw the original movie as a wide-eyed kid, Star Wars has been the single most profound inspiration to my imagination and to my career as a writer. It is deeply special to me,so to be given the opportunity to contribute to its ongoing legacy, especially in collaboration with a film-maker as talented as Gareth,is literally a dream come true. I'm still pinching myself."
ROGUE1_LOGO_V3_FIN_08-06-15_0.jpg
rogue.jpg

Last edited:
A work in progress visual guide for Rogue One has leaked online giving us some juicy new details!

Possible spoilers ahead, obviously...

1.jpg

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story: The Official Visual Story Guide (24/01/2017)

This team of "heroes of the Rebel Alliance" is sent to steal the plans of the First Death Star:
  • Felicity Jones plays JyN Erso , a gifted soldier and warrior.
  • Diego Luna plays Captain Cassian Andor , an officer in the Rebel Alliance
  • Jiang Wen plays Baze , a freelance assassin
  • Alan Tudyk plays the CGI figure K-250 , a Vollstreckerdroide and evidently an imperial model, but teams up with the rebels.
  • Riz Ahmed plays Bodhi , a rebel soldier.
  • Pao , an alien who is described as "fierce warrior".
  • Donnie Yen plays Chirrut , a spiritual warrior.
  • Bistan , another alien who is described as "fierce warrior".
And then there's on imperial page:
  • Ben Mendelssohn as director Krennic , the military director of the Empire, to defend the Galactic Empire against the theft of Mission rebels.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and kaw
Key art for Star Wars Celebration Europe was shown on the latest episode of The Star Wars Show, and it features both the cast of Star Wars: The Force Awakens/Episode 8 and the new cast for Star Wars: Rogue One.

1.jpg

The show is worth watching by the way, especially the opening with Chewbacca and director Rian Johnson! :LOL:

Ohh and some close-ups of that poster, courtesy of /Film...

1.jpg

2.jpg

The show points out a few things to notice, including a squadron of Death Troopers, which we saw in the Star Wars: Rogue One trailer but now have official names:

3.jpg

And also a first look at a new class of Stormtroopers named Shoretroopers:

4.jpg

And a clear look at the film’s new class of AT-AT’s called AT-ACT which stands for All Terrain Armored Cargo Transport:

5.jpg

Key art for Star Wars Celebration Europe was shown on the latest episode of The Star Wars Show, and it features both the cast of Star Wars: The Force Awakens/Episode 8 and the new cast for Star Wars: Rogue One.

View attachment 242190

The show is worth watching by the way, especially the opening with Chewbacca and director Rian Johnson! :LOL:

Agreed! Good show. Except for that Townley guy. Would love to see Witwer instead.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Bar the original Star Wars and the even better Empire Strikes back, I've found all the other Star Wars films including the recent one dire and simply not worthy of the greatest of the original two......

I always find it funny when someone comes into a thread about a movie they have no interest in just to make a snarky comment. And by funny, I mean stupid.

I hear the sound of scrapping the barrel here...

Bar the original Star Wars and the even better Empire Strikes back, I've found all the other Star Wars films including the recent one dire and simply not worthy of the greatest of the original two......

And I hear the sound of a troll. Seriously, if you have no interest in the movie(s) no need to troll the thread.

Have you watched the trailer? It actually looks really cool. I was skeptical at first, but I got chills when I first watched the trailer.

I got chills too. Love what Gareth did with Godzilla and look forward to what he brings to Star Wars.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and kbr1656
Trailers don't impress me, it's the final product that interests me and I usually find the final product wanting. Maybe it's an age thing, but I'm getting sick and tired of CGI crappy movies with no scripts, directions or ideas and that sums up a hell of a lot of films I see these days. Nor am I a troll. If the people making these films can't match the original Star Wars or Empire Strikes Back, why are they wasting everyone's time and please don't try to insult my intelligence by saying any of the last 4 films were even in the same league. They were rubbish........

Last edited:
They know a lot of the Star Wars fans will see the films no mater what the film is like because they have a guaranteed audience no mater what and they can milk the cash cow for all it's worth.

Trailers don't impress me, it's the final product that interests me and I usually find the final product wanting. Maybe it's an age thing, but I'm getting sick and tired of CGI crappy movies with no scripts, directions or ideas and that sums up a hell of a lot of films I see these days. Nor am I a troll. If the people making these films can't match the original Star Wars or Empire Strikes Back, why are they wasting everyone's time and please don't try to insult my intelligence by saying any of the last 4 films were even in the same league. They were rubbish........

so you are saying the force awakens was rubbish? :rolleyes:

if so you are entitled to you opionon but think you will find you are severally in the miniorty on that one and i would have to completely dis-agree with you on that but given that you only like 4 5 and 6 to what benefit, have you come in to talk about the next one because all films have cgi and will so for evermore not just star wars if you find it a bug bear may (story lines not to your liking from orginal suggestion of rose tinted glasses somewhat) i suggest you just don't watch any sci-fi film from now on if that upsets you because coming saying its all 'crappy' is not creating anything positive and is just causing upset unless you have something positive to say about the film?

or you just trying for snooloui's crown of the negative ninja :hilarious:

basil :thumbs:

This film takes place before Episode IV (A New Hope), so it's the original Death Star. :thumbs:

View attachment 242455

That picture is unreal

Wish I see that the other day when I was trying to explain to a mate where this one falls and what it's about lol

It was easy anyway but that would of been easier and funnier

I always find it funny when someone comes into a thread about a movie they have no interest in just to make a snarky comment. And by funny, I mean stupid.

And I hear the sound of a troll. Seriously, if you have no interest in the movie(s) no need to troll the thread.

I got chills too. Love what Gareth did with Godzilla and look forward to what he brings to Star Wars.

I always find it funny when a die hard fan takes something negative to heart about the thing him or her are die hard over and tells others to leave just because they are not happy with the comments (reminds me of flash lol)

Sorry had to go there

That picture is unreal

Wish I see that the other day when I was trying to explain to a mate where this one falls and what it's about lol

It was easy anyway but that would of been easier and funnier

I always find it funny when a die hard fan takes something negative to heart about the thing him or her are die hard over and tells others to leave just because they are not happy with the comments (reminds me of flash lol)

Sorry had to go there

That's the thing about trolls. They attract others just like them. But! I 100% agree. You should be sorry.