Romance/Epics/Etc

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hey all-I am adding a general feedback thread for you to chime in with 'non-traditional' Steelbook titles that you would consider purchasing.

Over the years, emphasis has been given to 'guy flicks' for Steelbook releases which fits with the general marketing focus of all Home Theater and studio companies. I own a few 100 of these myself and love them as do, many women.

But film is a passionate, wide reaching artistic medium, and there is a natural level of cross over for the preference of films regardless of the gender of the audience member.

So for something a bit different-which films that are traditionally considered 'Chick Flicks/Romance or other non-covered genres' or non Action/Thriller/Family, etc would you purchase?

Please keep in mind that there many women, to whom this genre does not appeal to, but I thought we'd add this thread, to allow any members to jump in and show support for films of certain genres that are not currently seeing Steelbook releases.

Have fun & thanks for your sharing your thoughts!

:scat:

List from feedback:

Dirty Dancing
Pretty Woman
Serendipity
The English Patient
The Hours
Fried Green Tomatoes

Last edited:
Dirty Dancing steelbook would be epic!

Also I would love a Sleeping with the Enemy steelbook because that's just my favourite film ever - I doubt they would sell many though :( :p

I really enjoyed Fried Green Tomatoes. That would be my vote from the list

Would also have to include Love Story which just came out on amaray

That's a classic tear jerker (yeah I admit it got to me) and it's a great time capsule of the late 60's.