Print run: 500

15211365z66ueedyn22suk-jpg.244479

00.jpg

1-2.jpg
2-2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
AGREED 100%. Slap a 1/4 slip on these and call it a day. There's no reason they should cover these up with a lenti/full slip. They've actually gone the extra mile on these and personally, I think it's silly to hide them behind a slip.

Only problem I might have with that is the I NEED the spine to be "full" and not like some of the later 1/4 slips. Gotta look nice on the shelf, bro! :)

It would be a massive shame if this didn't get the proper Blufans treatment considering the number of mediocre Steelbooks that are often given fancy packages by the various 'premium' retailers.

Reactions: luke98
It would be a massive shame if this didn't get the proper Blufans treatment considering the number of mediocre Steelbooks that are often given fancy packages by the various 'premium' retailers.

True. I totally skipped out on the 1/4 slips for this and Moulin Rouge in hopes of that "proper Blufans treatment".

Though the steelbook as stand alone plain jane still looks very well executed.

Reactions: snooloui
Kevin has confirmed on BD Forum that there will be Lenticular editions forthcoming for both this title and 'MR'.

As one who also 'skipped' the original GBs, in anticipation of a superior edition, I'm rather glad that I did so, since I won't now have to double dip.
I usually don't get the1/4ths, but...
I think the detail work on the steelbook itself lends itself well to the 1/4 slip format rather than being hidden in a slipbox.
I will probably get both.

Went ahead at the time and ordered both of the quater slips for both editions. But if they are know getting lenti editions aswell for both i will love to add them into the collection to.

I usually don't get the1/4ths, but...
I think the detail work on the steelbook itself lends itself well to the 1/4 slip format rather than being hidden in a slipbox.
I will probably get both.

The artwork must indeed be superlative for you to double dip on a title which, if I remember correctly, you previously described along the lines of, Shakespeare for the MTV generation.

I'm inclined to agree, however, since both Steelbooks are works of art. I also find Baz Luhrmann's take on the Bard to be highly anachronistic but the greatness of Shakespeare's play transcends the limitations of the film.

Reactions: C.C. 95
so no one knows if the shipping proccess has started? :/

Don't know about group buy orders, but no purchase links have yet been put up on Blufans so its going to be a while yet. The most accurate "Release date" should be taken from the Blufans forum when purchase links are put up and a live date is also announced.

Purchase links for BH6 tripacks were put up about a week ago and only went live yesterday, and they should be shipping now.

The artwork must indeed be superlative for you to double dip on a title which, if I remember correctly, you previously described along the lines of, Shakespeare for the MTV generation.

I'm inclined to agree, however, since both Steelbooks are works of art. I also find Baz Luhrmann's take on the Bard to be highly anachronistic but the greatness of Shakespeare's play transcends the limitations of the film.
I did say that. And I am indeed not a big fan of these pictures. I AM however, still a collector. I own steelbooks that I consider excellent even when I am not a fan of the film. Believe me, I wish It was an ornate Blufans edition of Branagh's HENRY V instead. But, I hope the art of the steelbook itself is as nice as it looks in the pictures.

Reactions: augustus