Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Rub & Tug

Genre: Drama, Crime

Director: Rupert Sanders

Cast: Scarlett Johansson

Plot: A woman flourish in a male-dominated business of massage parlors and prostitution by taking on the physical identity of a man.

Scarlett Johansson :drool::drool::drool:

Source: Deadline
New Regency has won an auction for Rub & Tug, an American Hustle-like true story in which Rupert Sanders will direct Scarlett Johansson in the fact-based story of a woman who flourished in a male-dominated business of massage parlors and prostitution by essentially taking on the physical identity of a man. New Regency prevailed in a worldwide rights deal over five other bidders. Sources said the hope is to start production in February at a budget north of $30 million.

Jean Marie Gill was a larger-than-life character who took on the mob and became the crime kingpin of 1970s Pittsburgh through her empire of illicit massage parlors and an anabolic steroids ring that helped fuel the Pittsburgh Steelers’ NFL dynasty, all the while cross-dressing and leaning on her allies in the gay community to help grow her empire. However, it is Jean’s fiery romance with her girlfriend Cynthia that truly defines her and forms the emotional core of the story.

Scarlett Johansson exits transgender film following backlash
Source: ComingSoon
After facing backlash after being cast in the role of Dante “Tex” Gill, a transgender man, and controversial follow-up comments made by the actress’ rep in response to the backlash, Scarlett Johansson (Avengers: Infinity War) has confirmed to Out.com that she has dropped out of the film Rub & Tug.

“In light of recent ethical questions raised surrounding my casting as Dante Tex Gill, I have decided to respectfully withdraw my participation in the project. Our cultural understanding of transgender people continues to advance, and I’ve learned a lot from the community since making my first statement

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database