Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread

Flash

Premium Supporter
Jan 17, 2014
I couldn't find another thread about this (if there is please merge) or maybe there just isn't many rugby fans here but I thought I would open one anyway incase there are and anyone wants to discuss it here.

I don't know if anyone saw the Japan vs South Africa game last night but it was incredibly moment of history. I have watched rugby for many many years and it was one of those game, absolutely unbelievable, it was the best result for an underdog in a long time. Japan played so well, good tries and to go for the win after 80mins against South Africa and get it, what a victory, honestly wonderful scenes after the final whistle. I thought SA would win by like 40 points or something.

I didn't see the Samoa game this morning but just watching Wales see how they do, not the best start giving away a penalty to Uraquay within two minutes but we shall see.

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
@Ultron96

It has been a missed opportunity leaving out players with flair and pace . 30 spots its hard to say who deserves a place and who dosen't .

I WHOLEHARTEDLY BACK UP @SteelbookGenius666 to the core Egland NEEDED Cipriani and Care . The chosen team is good for 1 thing only . Knocking down walls . O.K so he dated Kelly Brook the investigation into the crash is delayed innocent untill proven gulty . He should have been on that feild IF he had have been the out come I feel England win.

Rugby is now about evasion . This side has to meny donkeys giving away to meny penalties Wales won fair and square credit to them .
A kindred spirit @Scary Hair, Danny Care for me is England's best 9, like Cipriani plays the game of the cuff, plays what is infront of him, Ben Youngs is a great 9, but he's text book he does the basics very well ,like a lot of players but doesn't have the guile or bravery to try something a little different. ..

Warren Gatland summed it up when he said, when England kicked for the line out, we already knew where they were going to throw it!!!!!

• Informative
Reactions: Scary Hair
Well South Africa kicked some butt on the weekend. But the real test remains. How will they fend off against Scotland? Hmmm....

Well that's was embarrassing, hosts never been out :(

I think had England been able to beat Wales which they would have done had the ref not done what they always do against Wales and handed them tons of rubbish penalities then they would have been high with confidence and given it a much better show against the Aussies but ah well pretty gutted and my poor Scotland lost too but that was kinda expected against South Africa :(

Wales and ireland left to represent the home nations now :(

Firstly Jonny Wilkinson, class act all round.....

Two of the last three European players of the year were English. ...and neither are in the England squad.

Scotland still in it @Flash ....

Non Selection of world class players to blame for this disaster . Not choosing people playing overseas as well as the game makers already mentioned .

BOTH Youngs Donkeys . Farrell AND Burgess need citeing for dangerous tackles pair of them needed a yellow not just Farrel turned over after that . Marler no idea what was wrong thire . Dan Cole needes to retire from international Rugby now .

Mike Brown was AWESOME .

So we as a nation are out . Learn the lessons stop playing the same was as we did 40 years ago . The game has moved on about time as a Rugby playing nation we did too .

Non Selection of world class players to blame for this disaster . Not choosing people playing overseas as well as the game makers already mentioned .

BOTH Youngs Donkeys . Farrell AND Burgess need citeing for dangerous tackles pair of them needed a yellow not just Farrel turned over after that . Marler no idea what was wrong thire . Dan Cole needes to retire from international Rugby now .

Mike Brown was AWESOME .

So we as a nation are out . Learn the lessons stop playing the same was as we did 40 years ago . The game has moved on about time as a Rugby playing nation we did too .
Its a shame that Henry Slade and Jack Nowell haven't had any game time, I honestly think that the reason Steffon Armitage wasn't called up was because Lancaster knew he would have had to drop Robshaw, personally if everyone is available then Chris Robshaw doesn't get in that team, a good player but not a great player.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Scary Hair
Firstly Jonny Wilkinson, class act all round.....

Two of the last three European players of the year were English. ...and neither are in the England squad.

Scotland still in it @Flash ....

You are right, if we can beat Samoa we will go through in 2nd place which would be an incredible achievement for us. I have been very proud of them winning and amount of tries they have scored. Sadly there has been many a game I have been watching and we haven't got one try in the whole tournment :(

Can't wait for sunday !
XstreetGif_France.gif

I still think the future is bright, there is some fantastic players not even at the world cup, replace Andrews with Jonny Wilkinson and Lancaster with Rob Baxter or Jim Mallinder, pick your best players job done..

Reactions: Flash
I agree with Jonny but I'd also maybe look at Laurence D.

I do like C Robshaw but I am not sure he is actually that good at being Captain maybe try someone else.

Poor Nimibia I really thought they were going to get their first victory the ref I'm that game was ****

South Africa executed the US yesterday. My goodness! What I don't understand is why the US battle to do well in Rugby yet they play NFL which, although not entirely the same, is similar.