Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread

Flash

Premium Supporter
Jan 17, 2014
I couldn't find another thread about this (if there is please merge) or maybe there just isn't many rugby fans here but I thought I would open one anyway incase there are and anyone wants to discuss it here.

I don't know if anyone saw the Japan vs South Africa game last night but it was incredibly moment of history. I have watched rugby for many many years and it was one of those game, absolutely unbelievable, it was the best result for an underdog in a long time. Japan played so well, good tries and to go for the win after 80mins against South Africa and get it, what a victory, honestly wonderful scenes after the final whistle. I thought SA would win by like 40 points or something.

I didn't see the Samoa game this morning but just watching Wales see how they do, not the best start giving away a penalty to Uraquay within two minutes but we shall see.

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Personally I think South Africa are the only team who could cope with a New Zealand who bring there 'A' game, forget the Japan game although a monumental occasion in rugby term's, the boks were still recovering from a very big injury list (19 out of the 31 selected took knocks into the WC with them) and also the political issue's surrounding squad/player selection, make no mistake the Springboks best forward pack on form will mince anything in world rugby including the All Blacks.....

Shocking what happened to Scotland however I hope they take this form into the six nations with them, year after year they compete with Italy to avoid the wooden spoon when in fact they have alot of top quality players and should be aspiring to more than that, a mention to David Denton and WP Nel from yesterday's game, Denton carried like a trojan and Nel was a monster in the scrum....

And lastly, World rugby, Please give Wayne Barnes the final.....

Such tragic news :(

What a player and man, such sad news, such a legend, will never forgot your brilliance, heart goes out to his family