Rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Milch is heading into "Heavy Rain," signing to adapt the noir-style videogame with Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne producing through their Unique Features banner.

As first reported on Variety.com, "Rain" is being developed via Unique's first-look deal with Warner Bros., which is fast-tracking the project. Milch will start writing "Rain" once he's finished work on the first season of HBO's horse-racing series "Luck," on which he's creator and exec producer.

"Heavy Rain," based on the Sony Computer Entertainment game released last year, spans four days of mystery and centers on the hunt for a murderer known as the Origami Killer. Four characters, each following his own leads and with his own motives, take part in a desperate attempt to prevent the killer from claiming a new victim, with each character's decisions affecting the plans of the other three.

Milch has a big following from his role as creator/exec producer of "NYPD Blue" and "Deadwood." "David Milch's incredible ability to transform intense and complex storylines into gripping, popular drama makes him the perfect partner for us to have on 'Heavy Rain,' " Shaye said.

The game was created by Paris-based Quantic Dream, developers of "Indigo Prophecy," and built around a 2,000-page script written by founder and CEO David Cage. Unique's Dylan Sellers and Jonna Smith will join Shaye and Lynne in the development of the project along with Warner exec Courtenay Valenti.

Shaye and Lynne, the former toppers at New Line, signed their first-look deal at Warners in 2008 a few months after the studio dramatically cut operations at the mini-major.

If it isn't already plainly obvious, 20th Century Fox has been trying to get everything they possibly can out of the X-Men franchise. In addition to an original trilogy, they are about to put out their second spin-off - which also happens to be a prequel - and have even more in development (ex. Deadpool).

In the new issue of Empire Magazine, produce Laura Shuler Donner has revealed that while there are plans to turn X-Men: First Class into its own separate series, the one begun by Bryan Singer back in 2000 is not over yet.

According to Donner, a treatment for an X-Men 4 has been brought in to Fox and it was well liked by execs. Even more interesting, the idea behind the fourth installment leads into a fifth film, which you know had the higher-ups licking their chops.

We really shouldn't be surprised by this news: there are two cliffhangers at the end of X-Men: The Last Stand, with Professor X not actually being dead and Magneto able to move the metal chess piece without touching it. The question is, though, after what Brett Ratner did, do we really want to see more of the franchise from that angle?

Per Screen Rant:

It’s a bittersweet year for Warner Bros. as this summer will see the end of the Harry Potter franchise. There are simply no more books to make movies out of. Come next fall and Summit Entertainment will be facing a similar issue with their incredibly successful Twilight franchise as The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 hits theaters to end the series.

The only difference between the situations these two film franchises are facing is that there actually is another Twilight book, albeit an unfinished one. That’s not stopping Summit from bringing back Bella (Kristen Stewart) and Edward (Robert Pattinson) and the rest of the cast for more films, based off of Stephanie Meyers’ Midnight Sun.

Summit Entertainment announced today, April 1st, that they’ve finalized negotiations for the principal cast, who will return for a hefty $20 million each for two more Twilight movies. David Slade (Eclipse), who’s recently had his name associated with Twentieth Century Fox’s Daredevil reboot, will return to direct both. Melissa Rosenberg has written all of the series screenplays to date and will return to pen Midnight Sun. Like Breaking Dawn, Midnight Sun will be split into two parts and they will be shot together.

For those unfamiliar with the story behind Midnight Sun, it was meant to be a retelling of Twilight with a neat twist of it being from the perspective of Edward Cullen as opposed to Bella Swan. Unfortunately for fans and for Meyer, the 12-chapter draft was leaked online and this demotivated the author from continuing. The 12 chapters were later released to fans for free and Meyer said she would one day return to finish it after not hearing about it for two years. Perhaps that time has come, or perhaps Summit just paid her a chunk of Twilight Eclipse’s record-breaking midnight opening box office haul.

There’s been a lot of talk as to what’s next after Breaking Dawn for the studio, even to the point of potential spin-off rumors that could explore the stories of secondary characters. It only makes sense that they first mine every existing piece of Twilight lore before creating original scripts.

[Click to See The First 'Midnight Sun' Poster]
Jacob Black (Taylor Lautner) didn’t get much screentime in Twilight but we can expect him to be written in for a lot more for Edward’s version of the story.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 hits theaters November 18, 2011 and Part 2 releases November 16, 2012.

Shyamalan and Will Smith will produce the untitled project with James Lassiter, Jada Pinkett Smith and Ken Stovitz, Smith’s partners at Overbrook Entertainment.
Jaden Smith is set to star opposite his father, Will Smith, for director M. Night Shyamalan in an untitled sci-fi adventure, Doug Belgrad, president of Columbia Pictures, announced Monday.
THR/Heat Vision first broke the story that Shyamalan was teaming up with Smith on the sci-fi project in October. At the time, the project was called One Thousand AE.
Set 1,000 years into the future, the movie centers on a young boy who navigates an abandoned and sometimes scary Earth to save himself and his estranged father after their ship crashes.
Shyamalan and Will Smith will produce with James Lassiter, Jada Pinkett Smith and Ken Stovitz, Smith’s partners at Overbrook Entertainment. The screenplay is by M. Night Shyamalan and Gary Whitta.

“Night is an outstanding filmmaker who has a tremendous vision for this science-fiction adventure story and we couldn't be more excited to be working again with Jaden after our experiences on The Pursuit of Happyness and The Karate Kid,” Belgrad said in a statement. “We’re thrilled to have the two of them together on this project.”

Added Shyamalan, "The chance to make a scary, science-fiction film starring Jaden and Will is my dream project."

Jaden made his big screen debut in 2006's The Pursuit of Happyness costarring his dad.

I hate just Because your parents a celebrity,it means your in the spot Light to do it And people out there are dumb enough to see it like if he's(Jaden Smith) gonna be any Light to be good as actor as the Parent (will smith) :/

people are dumb

I hate just Because your parents a celebrity,it means your in the spot Light to do it And people out there are dumb enough to see it like if he's(Jaden Smith) gonna be any Light to be good as actor as the Parent (will smith) :/

people are dumb

Guess I'm one of the dummys because I liked him in both movies (Pursuit of Happyness and Karate Kid) that he's been in so far.

He definitely has talent.

Pursuit of Happyness & Karate Kid were different movie's.

i liked him in Pursuit of Happyness,but it wouldn't be hard for him to play that role Since is he is kid years back then,& Will Smith was the only one holding the movie up,Now if they got Danny Glover or martin lawrence to play that movie who knows what people would say :hilarious:

Karate Kid was just awful ugly remake to me,from the classic 80's gem it was...i might be nit picking but Karate is japanese....not chinese where they filmed it :/
I also didn't like the Disney Movie Script they wrote for this with the cheesiness of it

and I'm getting tired of Hollywood Rehashing and remaking classic movies,Cashing in on the Mindless sheep people with their Family's just for Entertainment on a Friday or something to do together.
:rolleyes:

:movie: Here!,Buy This!....LIKE THIS!..another REMAKE!....

Gee,Thanks for your half assed Artificial Movie from the pure mint original hollywood..

Last edited:
Pursuit of Happyness & Karate Kid were different movie's.

i liked him in Pursuit of Happyness,but it wouldn't be hard for him to play that role Since is he is kid years back then,& Will Smith was the only one holding the movie up,Now if they got Danny Glover or martin lawrence to play that movie who knows what people would say :hilarious:

Karate Kid was just awful ugly remake to me,from the classic 80's gem it was...i might be nit picking but Karate is japanese....not chinese where they filmed it :/
I also didn't like the Disney Movie Script they wrote for this with the cheesiness of it

and I'm getting tired of Hollywood Rehashing and remaking classic movies,Cashing in on the Mindless sheep people with their Family's just for Entertainment on a Friday or something to do together.
:rolleyes:

:movie: Here!,Buy This!....LIKE THIS!..another REMAKE!....

Gee,Thanks for your half assed Artificial Movie from the pure mint original hollywood..

But the fact that it was a remake doesn't have anything to do with the question of Jaden Smith's acting ability. Jackie Chan was in the movie as well, but you wouldn't say he can't act because he was in a remake.

I liked this Karate Kid better than any of the previous 3... by far! It's cool that you didn't like the remake, or even Jaden... I guess we'll have to agree to disagree in order to keep the thread on topic about the new Sci-Fi movie.

For those of you who have this looming sense of dread that this summer's conclusion of Harry Potter will be the last you see of him for quite some time, you can put those worries to rest.

There is a documentary about the movies being made as we speak — and they started capturing content all the way back in 2001's first feature! Wow!

Here's what it'll be like according to David Barron, a producer for the project:

"He went behind the scenes and had incredible access to talent and crew and has made a documentary that is not yet complete, which shows the challenges of making the film - the tolls it takes on actors and crew. It's not just pure gloss and everybody's happy. It's real… At the same time, it's really, really funny.

It was a very well-documented production. We had a crew filming behind the scenes for the entire production, which is unheard of - and that's been for all the films. There is material, and we'll see how it's used. I'm sure Warner Bros. will package it in some form or another."

Per Cinema Blend:

"When Hollywood is looking for a woman that can kick some ass, they inevitably return with Angelina Jolie's name. From Tomb Raider to Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Wanted to Salt, Jolie, despite her skinny frame, has developed a reputation as an actresses who can take down a room full of bad guys and look amazing while doing it. It's for that reason that it's amazing Jolie has never hooked up with director Luc Besson before, but that's finally about to change.

According to Deadline, Jolie is now in talks to star in a new action film written and directed by Luc Besson. While the project doesn't yet have a title and plot details are slim, the site reports that it's a thriller "rooted in true scientific elements" (what that means exactly is still a bit of a mystery). Besson has made a career out of building strong female characters, beginning with La Femme Nikita in 1990, Leon in 1994, and even his newest film, The Lady, which is currently in theaters. The project is moving quickly and could begin production as early as next spring. Should she sign on, Jolie will make the film before working with Ridley Scott on the Gertrude Bell biopic, which was revealed last month. "

Max Landis (Chronicle screenwriter) might have let slip something he shouldn't have on twitter today. The tweet was quickly deleted, might be a total joke, but I grabbed a screenshot.

Screenshot_2014-05-13-19-34-48.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Crossing fingers! I want Spidey back, can't really move the universe without a key piece of the puzzle! Now to get X-Men and FF back too!

I doubt it as Sony has about 3 or more films tied up at the mo, they would never let that franchise go

Reactions: psychoscot
I'm not so sure, Sony aren't in great shape at the moment. I could see disney making them an offer they couldn't refuse.

Unless Disney/Marvel did some kind of deal where lots of $$$'s were involved like Sony did back in the day to get Bond then I would say this is nothing more than gossip. The rights as far as I know are 100% with Sony and will be for sometime to come.

Sony already have 3 more films planned so even "if" this rumour is true it would be a long time before we see old Webhead joining any Avengers films.

X-Men and FF are also in the same boat with the rights being completely owned by Fox.

Reactions: eps999
I'll believe it when I see it. If Marvel were to take back Spidey, though, it'd be nice to see the story continue from ASM2 with the same actors. Just get rid of that stupid idea for a Sinister Six film. :rolleyes:

Reactions: psychoscot
I agree with you, but money talks and Disney has a lot of it...

This could be pure speculation, but I'd be real happy if it were true.

Yep money does talk, but with the profits of both film and merchandise it would be need to be serious money and I can't see Marvel/Disney willing to spend that just yet.

It's one of Sony's biggest titles and the money they earn from it is probably considerably more than what would be on the table for a rights buy.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Just get rid of that stupid idea for a Sinister Six film. :rolleyes:

With you all the way on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.