Mediabook Runaway Train (Blu-ray Mediabook) [Germany]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: November 24, 2017
Purchase link: Version 1 - Version 2
Price: €25.40 (Version 1) - €23.99 (Version 2)

Version 1 | Version 2 (TBC)
1.jpg
Version 1 | Version 2
1.jpg 2.jpg

Last edited:
EXPRESS IN THE HOLE?!!
Sounds dirty.:wow:
I have the Arrow and the Twilight Time - I'm good.
:hilarious:

It just made me think of toad in the hole (a traditional British dish) to be honest lol.

I already have the Arrow release as well, although I do really like the look of Version 2!

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
I didn't look this up beforehand - but now I'm really confused!
View attachment 334645
That's all very new to me! The only toad in the hole I've ever heard of is the one I referred to before. Sounds pretty odd anyway... especially as they describe the leftover bread from the hole being a "hat" or "lid". :LOL:

@Flloydo @dan8885 This reminds me of our convo about Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire puddings (which still cracks me up by the way) :p

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95 and Flloydo
I didn't look this up beforehand - but now I'm really confused!
View attachment 334645

Those are some of the strangest names I've heard for toad in the hole. But then toad in the hole is a odd name come to think of it.

Is toad in the hole the same as Spit in the ocean? (Egg in center of bread).

The egg thing in my area we call eggy bread. Lol never heard of spit in the ocean hahaha

Popeye eggs lol. So weird

That's all very new to me! The only toad in the hole I've ever heard of is the one I referred to before. Sounds pretty odd anyway... especially as they describe the leftover bread from the hole being a "hat" or "lid". :LOL:

@Flloydo @dan8885 This reminds me of our convo about Aunt Bessie's Yorkshire puddings (which still cracks me up by the way) :p

Lol
Yeah still gets me.
I had some aunt Bessie's tonight. With some lamb (on the monkey - making mine own up)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95 and Noodles
Those are some of the strangest names I've heard for toad in the hole. But then toad in the hole is a odd name come to think of it.

The egg thing in my area we call eggy bread. Lol never heard of spit in the ocean hahaha

Popeye eggs lol. So weird

Lol
Yeah still gets me.
I had some aunt Bessie's tonight. With some lamb (on the monkey - making mine own up)
I've heard of eggy bread, but never knew that's what it was. Cutting a hole in the bread then placing the egg inside seems really random to me... what's the point in the hole? Personally I'd just place the egg on top of a full slice of bread... less messing around that way and basically gives the same result. This is such a random convo by the way and obviously waaaaay off topic lol. All this talk about food is making me hungry though! :hungry:

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95 and Flloydo
I've heard of eggy bread, but never knew that's what it was. Cutting a hole in the bread then placing the egg inside seems really random to me... what's the point in the hole? Personally I'd just place the egg on top of a full slice of bread... less messing around that way and basically gives the same result. This is such a random convo by the way and obviously waaaaay off topic lol. All this talk about food is making me hungry though! :hungry:

Actually I got that wrong. I think eggy bread is bread cooked in the whole egg like you would with French toast (with the batter)

Think it is called something in the basket when it's a hole for the egg in the bread. I Dunno, **** knows. This is proper random

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95 and Noodles

Actually I got that wrong. I think eggy bread is bread cooked in the whole egg like you would with French toast (with the batter)

Think it is called something in the basket when it's a hole for the egg in the bread. I Dunno, **** knows. This is proper random
Yeah.
I just bough some eggs.:LOL: (Seriously!)
Eater Magazine:
"Do not confuse the egg-in-toast rendition with the British dish of the same name, which is basically "sausage links baked in a popover-like Yorkshire pudding batter," cites Chris Ying of Lucky Peach in the upcoming cookbook, The Wurst of Lucky Peach: A Treasury of Encased Meat. An early recipe for the British toad-in-a-hole is found in Hannah Glasse's The Art of Cookery from the mid-1700s, with pigeon instead of sausages. Then it shows up, with the permission to use any variation of leftover meat, in an 1861 recipe by the Victorian Charles Elme Francatelli, an Italian living in England. This version originated in a country with a common language as the very British Yorkshire pudding, and the dish earned a name that sticks. But like its American egg-in-a-hole cousin, the naming origin of the meat-in-pudding dish is also lost to history."

What the.....?!!!

attachment.php

(Well, At least I got the TRAIN motif back!!!:rofl:)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
Yeah.
Eater Magazine:
"Do not confuse the egg-in-toast rendition with the British dish of the same name, which is basically "sausage links baked in a popover-like Yorkshire pudding batter," cites Chris Ying of Lucky Peach in the upcoming cookbook, The Wurst of Lucky Peach: A Treasury of Encased Meat. An early recipe for the British toad-in-a-hole is found in Hannah Glasse's The Art of Cookery from the mid-1700s, with pigeon instead of sausages. Then it shows up, with the permission to use any variation of leftover meat, in an 1861 recipe by the Victorian Charles Elme Francatelli, an Italian living in England. This version originated in a country with a common language as the very British Yorkshire pudding, and the dish earned a name that sticks. But like its American egg-in-a-hole cousin, the naming origin of the meat-in-pudding dish is also lost to history."
What the.....?!!!

attachment.php

:LOL:

Interesting and very random history of toad in the hole

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and C.C. 95
Yeah.
Eater Magazine:

What the.....?!!!

attachment.php

Virkia, is that you? :giggle:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Capelight are holding another artwork poll on Facebook... if only more distributors would do the same!

With the C option, they also slightly changed the design to have a better depiction of Eric Roberts.
Good spot! I hadn't noticed that, but he does look much better now.

I voted for option A anyway, although I quite like them all to be honest. :)

Good spot! I hadn't noticed that, but he does look much better now.

I voted for option A anyway, although I quite like them all to be honest. :)
C is basically a version of the original poster.
No matter which one, it is imperative that any self respecting cinephile have a copy of this great film!
(Not least, the Akira Kurosawa completist!)